NO WELKER = NOT PATS PLAYOFF PROBLEM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

NO WELKER = NOT PATS PLAYOFF PROBLEM

Ok ... No secret that even though Edelman caught 10 passes for 103 yards in Welkers absence today ...HE IS NO WES WELKER. The real problem is this teams DEFENSIVE LACK OF HEART . They once again gagged up a big 4th quarter lead and I for one am sick & tired of "praying for a miracle stop " with the game on the line . Its like a bad movie script where the screenwriter continally resorts to the sme tired cliche ...ENOUGH ALREADY ! ii understand that statisticaaly speaking the Pats D is Top 10 ... but these meltdowns prove they are lacking . Wheteher it's Heart / Skill / Coaching ...I could care less, the fact is when it comes to vomiting up 4th quarter chokes ...the Pats are #1 .  UNLESS A MIRACLE SOLUTION IS FOUND BEFORE SUNDAY >>> WE ARE ONE & DONE .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: NO WELKER = NOT PATS PLAYOFF PROBLEM

Our meltdowns. Welker is a big part of the offense, but we need consistent play in all 4 quarters, not 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I say neither to your options... The offense scoring more than a few points in a second half would be nice for once. That would be my choice if you listed it as an option.

Sure the D has been awful against good QB's but we already knew this coming into the season.

Don't think anyone expected the offense to be shutdown in the 2nd half of games like it has.

The following is the 2nd half scoring of games after the bye week. Anyone see a pathetic pattern here?

vs Texans - Offense scored 7 points in 2nd half
    vs Jaguars - Offense scored 7 points in 2nd half
    vs Bills - Offense scored 3 points in 2nd half
    vs Panthers - Offense scored 13 points in 2nd half (1 TD 2 FG's)
    Vs Dolphins - Offense scored 7 points in 2nd half
    vs Saints - Offense scored 7 points in the 2nd half
    vs Jets - Offense scored 7 points in the 2nd half
    vs Colts - Offense scored 10 points in the 2nd half
    vs Dolphins - Offense scored 11 points in 2nd half

The Pats O has scored an avg. of ONLY 8 points in the 2nd half of games for the 2nd half of the season.

I did not get to see the 2nd half of the game today but i was driving home from my sons hockey game listening to Tangway, Gresh, and Z just continually say the D gave up 21 unanswered points. The D gave up 21 unanswered points.

Huh? No, the D gave up 21 points. They do not answer the score. The O does. The D is NOT excused but the O has more pro-bowl caliber players on it. Present AND previous pro bowlers on it.  Unanswered yes, by the Offense.

The D needs to play better true but if the Offense scores 8 points or less in the 2nd half against the Ravens then I don't like the Patriots chances.

Just my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

I blame the offense for putting the Defense in crap scenarios.
    That 3 and out before Bradys pick has been appearent in the turning point of every game weeve lost so far.  When we throw an incompletion on 1st down and do some crap run on second, and then fail to convert on third- thats what always begins the Stalling of the offense and the end of our game
    we have to trust brady more, WE NEED TO LET HIM PLAY

I think we are gonna see a lot more of Benjamin Watson on second and third downs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

The D does need to play better in the 2nd half, but the O needs to help them out by staying on the field longer.  How much of the 2nd half clock do they eat up scoring 7 2nd half points, or less?  How many times this year have we seen those 8-10 minute drives resulting in a TD like we had in '07 and previous years?  ZERO!  This I am sure is part of the problem...not so much the lack of talent on D.  You know what, maybe with Welker going down, we'll have a more balanced attack and run it down their throats!  Eat up some minutes.  Taylor, Morris, Maroney, Faulk, Green-Ellis blocking?!  We need to get back to what got us 3 SBs, time of posession.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Good stat list Low-FB. Brady's been off all year. Not far off but that one TD missed or one INT thrown has really killed us in close games

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

When is the last time Brady lead a come from behind victory?!?! The first game vs Buffalo when he only had to go 20 yds due to a kick off fumble? That's the problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

The defenses meltdown today doesn't concern me as much as the performances earlier in the season.  Our problem in the 4th quarter today was run defense, it's a good thing we'll have Wilfork and Warren back for the playoffs.

Also, I couldn't agree more with the need to improve 2nd half time of possession

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackHawaii. Show JackHawaii's posts

Welker said it best a few weeks ago. In order to finish off a team, you have to get 1st downs. Sure, the defense is lacking the ability to create a "stop" but the offense has to do something with the ball in the 2nd half. 

It seems like the other teams are making half time adjustments and the Pats are not. It used to be what BB was famous for back 7 to 10 years ago. In today's game, the Pats lacked enthusiasm. I thought, this is me going to the office and hanging out for 8 hours, punchin' the clock and going home.

There is a lack of intensity on the Pats Defense. There is the lack of an ability to stop another team on the Pats Defense and there is an inability to keep the ball moving and score in the second half on the Pats Offense. 

We're in a new season now and it is time to step it up!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Good points all...
    I erred by not putting 3rd choice

Coice # 3~ Ineffective 2nd Half Offence (Points & Time of P. ) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

its a team effort.  this includes coaching.  they are very indecisive in how they want to attack. 

option 1. kill the clock
    option 2. score

they do option 3. panic. call 2 runs and a pass on third down that goes out of bounds and then punt. 

the defense does need to be better at the end of games, but the offense in the second half is much worse of a problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

BB let Wilhite play again out in the corner that's all there is to it. I understand why he sit Brady in the final 2mins. We could've done better if Ty and Vince were there, Texans were not known for rushing, Brace is powerless.

Somebody please tell BB not to let Wilhite determine our chances this post-season. Wheneve he's in I' am always nervous tsk tsk why BB can't see this?Against the Colts, Saints and now the 2nd best passing offense, somebody send a message to Bill.

Now, regarding Wes, well it's too bad but it things like that can happen anywhere, in practice or in game. Our TE must s tep-up too. I' am still confident about our secondary as long as Wilhite is in the bench. IMO