Non Arguing thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Non Arguing thread

I think anyway.

What is the best food to bring tail gating.

I'm into the southern food, fried chicken, corn, etc.

How about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Non Arguing thread

Kebab. 

One good trick, parboil some pork ribs for a few hours, then rub them with BBQ spice and wrap them up and finish them on a charcoal grill "low" with a few wood chips. Most people who aren't real BBQ hardcores will think they are eating real 12 hour slow n' low smoked ribs.

Fired chicken can be fun, but only if you have one of those Walmart propane friers so it's fresh. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Non Arguing thread:
    [QUOTE]I think anyway. What is the best food to bring tail gating. I'm into the southern food, fried chicken, corn, etc. How about you?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Tailgating is for boneheads!

Just kidding, and hoping my sarcasm doesn't get lost on this non-arguing thread.  In all seriousness, make sure to park in the backyards across the train tracks from Gillette or else your tailgating will end with you stuck in the parking lot for three hours after the game.

Gotta agree on the kabobs.

Make wings the night before, put 'em in a casserole dish, and re-heat them on the portable grill.

I might add that linguica and shourica are pretty good, having grown up around New Bedford and Fall River.  Nothing like a linguica sandwich on a bulky roll

And pulled pork is excellent for tailgating, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I love seafood, when I was a kid I worked on fishing boats. It sucked being soaked to the undies in 10 degrees. Fishermen earn every penny they longline,trap or drag up.

I make a killer shrimp and scallop salad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Tailgating is for boneheads!

Tailgating is an excuse for a football game and a fishing trip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I agree with all the posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

grilled lobster tail, scallops and shrimp, and a filet mignon on the side

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I concur with all post posted...Especially grilled lobster tail and filet mignon! Now that's what I call eating!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Non Arguing thread:
    [QUOTE]Kebab.  One good trick, parboil some pork ribs for a few hours, then rub them with BBQ spice and wrap them up and finish them on a charcoal grill "low" with a few wood chips. Most people who aren't real BBQ hardcores will think they are eating real 12 hour slow n' low smoked ribs. Fired chicken can be fun, but only if you have one of those Walmart propane friers so it's fresh. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Ever try this? Put them in sweet baby rays sauce wrapped tightly with plastic rap (you can let them sit overnight in the fridge like this), then leave them in the wrap and rap a layer of tin foil around them...bake on 350 for an hour. Bring them to the game and unfoil them, place them on the grill to crisp them up a little bit...absolutely amazing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Sweet baby rays is the best ever!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Sweet baby rays is the best ever!!!!!!
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Non Arguing thread : Ever try this? Put them in sweet baby rays sauce wrapped tightly with plastic rap (you can let them sit overnight in the fridge like this), then leave them in the wrap and rap a layer of tin foil around them...bake on 350 for an hour. Bring them to the game and unfoil them, place them on the grill to crisp them up a little bit...absolutely amazing.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

yeah. I have done that too! It's realy good.

The parboiling is essentially like braising though, so it makes them literally fall apart tender like ribs that have been slow smoked for a long time. One good way to do that as well is to marinate them in a little "liquid smoke" before the parboil, then give them a rub afterward.

Both work, if you don't own a smoker, but for my time I think parboiling makes it a hair closer than going in the oven.

Oh yeah, and sweet baby rays is definitely the best off the shelf st louis style bbq sauce. Although i tend to use it for BBQ burgers and stuff like that more than ribs and pulled pork, where I used dry rubs and vinegar sauces that are home made.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Meat 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

I really dont go to the games all that hungry, 2 hours befor the games in Tampa we were at the Pink Pony accross the street a ways down filling up on drinks, pretzels, and strippers.....Go CHeerleaders Go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

In Response to Non Arguing thread:
    [QUOTE]I think anyway. What is the best food to bring tail gating. I'm into the southern food, fried chicken, corn, etc. How about you?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Barley, hops, and a little water

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with all the posts
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I agree with Tcal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Non Arguing thread : Barley, hops, and a little water
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

All you need is beer. Food is for Jets fans.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Marinated beef tips (w/Ken's Steakhouse Italian or Greek dressing) are always easy and tasty.   Add some fixed baked beans with that and that'll work.

Sweet Italian sausages with peppers/onions always smell phenomenal on game day, too.  Prepare the peppers and onions the day before and just dump em onto the grill in foil with some dark beer in there for the tailgate.

Fresh rolls from a local bakery.

Can't go wrong with either choice.

I stick with booze for the tailgate and maybe grab a couple beers on the inside.