None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!

Just kidding.  Check out this excerpt from our nemesis TMQ:

Single Worst Day of the Season -- So Far: Extremely highly paid Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel made no attempt to cover Legedu Naanee on the 20-yard touchdown pass that put San Diego ahead 28-9. Samuel was "looking into the backfield" trying to guess the play, a high school mistake, and simply let Naanee run past him. At the endgame, the Bolts led 28-23 and faced third-and-2 with 2:45 remaining. Samuel fell down as Naanee made the catch -- and then simply laid there on his tummy-tum-tum, making no attempt to get up, watching his man run to the Philadelphia 15 and put the Bolts in position for the game-icing field goal. Asante Samuel, you have played the single worst game of the season -- so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!

In Response to None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!:
    Just kidding.  Check out this excerpt from our nemesis TMQ: Single Worst Day of the Season -- So Far: Extremely highly paid Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel made no attempt to cover Legedu Naanee on the 20-yard touchdown pass that put San Diego ahead 28-9. Samuel was "looking into the backfield" trying to guess the play, a high school mistake, and simply let Naanee run past him. At the endgame, the Bolts led 28-23 and faced third-and-2 with 2:45 remaining. Samuel fell down as Naanee made the catch -- and then simply laid there on his tummy-tum-tum, making no attempt to get up, watching his man run to the Philadelphia 15 and put the Bolts in position for the game-icing field goal. Asante Samuel, you have played the single worst game of the season -- so far.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Haha I'd rather see Wilhite bustin' tail out there than see Asante I-had-an-undefeated-season-hit-me-in-the-hands Samuel on our team anymore.  He's good and talented, but definitely not worth the money he wanted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!:
    In Response to None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!! : Haha I'd rather see Wilhite bustin' tail out there than see Asante I-had-an-undefeated-season-hit-me-in-the-hands Samuel on our team anymore.  He's good and talented, but definitely not worth the money he wanted.
    Posted by NickC1188

I kinda think very very few players are worth the big bucks they often get in free agency.  How many big FA's live up to their expectations and contract?  Some do, but it's a small number.  Pats fans should remember this when we wish for Peppers and such.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!:
    In Response to Re: None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!! : I kinda think very very few players are worth the big bucks they often get in free agency.  How many big FA's live up to their expectations and contract?  Some do, but it's a small number.  Pats fans should remember this when we wish for Peppers and such.
    Posted by carawaydj

I've always thought that free agents are basically playing out a contract to look for the next big payday.  I saw the play described above with Asante, he looked like he could care less, as the tatoo on his arm states "Get Paid".  Now, can we honestly look at Adalius and say that he has been the defensive animal we all envisioned once he signed with the Pats.  Free agents are trouble and I think BB has a handle on the pulse of the team, it's needs and where to look for players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to None of this would've happened if we had paid Asante!!!:
    Just kidding.  Check out this excerpt from our nemesis TMQ: Single Worst Day of the Season -- So Far: Extremely highly paid Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel made no attempt to cover Legedu Naanee on the 20-yard touchdown pass that put San Diego ahead 28-9. Samuel was "looking into the backfield" trying to guess the play, a high school mistake, and simply let Naanee run past him. At the endgame, the Bolts led 28-23 and faced third-and-2 with 2:45 remaining. Samuel fell down as Naanee made the catch -- and then simply laid there on his tummy-tum-tum, making no attempt to get up, watching his man run to the Philadelphia 15 and put the Bolts in position for the game-icing field goal. Asante Samuel, you have played the single worst game of the season -- so far.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Always makes me feel good to read these stories.
    Samuel is a gambling corner.. Don't get me wrong..I liked him when he was here but the guy is a "PICK P!MP" that gambles quite a bit. This story would lead me to believe that he didn't care what happened after he got burned which surprises me a little. I don't remember him being like that when he was playing here. He would have gotten a serious verbal beat down from the other players if he did. Anyway, this story is for all the Borges and Shaugnessy columns ripping the Pats for not keeping him...OH yeah, Felger too.

Sections
Shortcuts