In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BrianKangu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hi, everyone! There were some people here who wanted to know how it goes in the future when it comes to football! And since there is no current event in the NFL happening now i thought i might pop in here and let you know!

This is also the first time ive had a injury, ive played the season with shin splints and it has really limited me to only 1 practice a week because of the pain. I also got my season cut short when i fractured my ankle during a tackle in game 4.(Injured myself during the last clip of the highlight video). Ive had surgery and had some screws and plates put in, and i am currently 3 1/2 weeks removed from surger.

[/QUOTE]

Good to hear back from you buddy, videos look great.

The cure for shin splints, cramping and overall muscle soreness is pickle juice.  Assuming you're drinking enough water, which should be gallons if you're in 2 a days, you're replacing the fluids you lose but not the sodium.  

The vinegar from the pickle juice will break up the lactic acid build up in your muscles and replace the salt.  Sounds silly but it works along with mad calf raises and exercise.

[/QUOTE]

Really? I've been going to the team chiropractor for painful treatments just to find out that pickle juice is the cure to shin splints? If rest won't heal my shin splints I'll try some pickle juice, thanks for the advice! 

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations for your progress! Injuries are awful, sorry to hear about your ankle but it should heal well enough for you to continue. Don't stop trying to come over here to a U.S. university or college , you have plenty of time given your age and obvious physical skills. I've never heard Wozzy's suggested "pickle juice" cure before but anything has to be better then surgery for shin splints which can be  called for if nothing else works.

Keep playing and keep your dream alive! Good luck!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Yeah injuries like a fractured ankle isn't something I could avoid, but it's the first time I've broke something so I just have to get stronger from this experience. I am definitely not giving up, trying to see if my coach can help me get in contact with any schools in the US. So hopefully he can help me with the first steps of the way. Or if anybody in here knew anybody who is a coach. As long as I get there, how I get there doesn't matter. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Re: Norwegian Defensive Back

I want to send my highlight video to some schools, but don't really know which ones to send to. I am not going to send it to the big schools like Bama, gators, noles, lsu, ducks and so on. I was thinking to send them to D1 schools but in a "smaller" conference something like Southland Conference. What other conferences would be relevant for me? Any tips on that? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

I want to send my highlight video to some schools, but don't really know which ones to send to. I am not going to send it to the big schools like Bama, gators, noles, lsu, ducks and so on. I was thinking to send them to D1 schools but in a "smaller" conference something like Southland Conference. What other conferences would be relevant for me? Any tips on that? 

[/QUOTE]

There are a lot.  FCS schools may be a good start.   Big Sky conference schools like Eastern Washington and Montana have very good programs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Guilford  College in Greensboro, North Carolina. Member of Old Dominion Athletic Conference might be one to contact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

As someone who coached - and focused on D - there are some things you need to work on. For starters and while it is clear you are aggressive you need to learn how to tackle. I don't mean that disrespectfully but you need to. I saw a lot of grabbing and throwing elbows. No wrapping up at all. One of your tackles you grabbed a RBs arm and tossed him to the ground. You made the play. Good. But a stronger player would have gone right by you. You need to learn to wrap up and drive. This is even more important when you are the last line of defense.

The mindset to do this right is to accept that you are playing tackle and not grab or flag. Use your natural aggressive play to get you to use your body properly. Your approach should be "this is our field, this is my space. If you bring the football here you will pay... you will be brought down... not hit (everyone hits)... brought down and hard. Take ownership of the turf. And use your WHOLE body to enforce the rule. Arms are no where near enough. Put the player on their back. Hit them hard enough to knock the ball out. Every time.

That is where I would start. Learn the proper techniques and make them second nature to you. Then as you focus on other aspects of the game you will do so from a base of strength. But if you dont know how to tackle it wont much matter what angle you take or how fast you close.

Do this one thing and do it great. It will make everything you do more meaningful on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If you would prefer a cooler climate, I would suggest three schools in New  Hampshire with differing levels of academics and football  Dartmouth College, in Hanover New Hampshire, University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H. , and Plymouth State University, in Plymouth, N.H.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As someone who coached - and focused on D - there are some things you need to work on. For starters and while it is clear you are aggressive you need to learn how to tackle. I don't mean that disrespectfully but you need to. I saw a lot of grabbing and throwing elbows. No wrapping up at all. One of your tackles you grabbed a RBs arm and tossed him to the ground. You made the play. Good. But a stronger player would have gone right by you. You need to learn to wrap up and drive. This is even more important when you are the last line of defense.

The mindset to do this right is to accept that you are playing tackle and not grab or flag. Use your natural aggressive play to get you to use your body properly. Your approach should be "this is our field, this is my space. If you bring the football here you will pay... you will be brought down... not hit (everyone hits)... brought down and hard. Take ownership of the turf. And use your WHOLE body to enforce the rule. Arms are no where near enough. Put the player on their back. Hit them hard enough to knock the ball out. Every time.

That is where I would start. Learn the proper techniques and make them second nature to you. Then as you focus on other aspects of the game you will do so from a base of strength. But if you dont know how to tackle it wont much matter what angle you take or how fast you close.

Do this one thing and do it great. It will make everything you do more meaningful on the field.

[/QUOTE]

That play was made a year ago, I am a much better player than that, but I am not near where I want to be.

This is one main thing I want to improve on, I just want to make tackles where is just hit their soul out of them, drive and slam em like William Moore did on the rams TE. Hit them backwards like Calvin Pryor. I tend to hit bigger backs or wr low because I know that if I try and go for the hit I'll be trucked right over, that's why I tend to go for the "safer" option. I think it starts with tackling technique, power and my weight I weigh 192lbs but I need more power. As I am injured now you get a lot of time to think about the season and how you can better yourself. Thanks for reminding me that I need to work on this. I'll watch some highlight videos of some sure tackling, hard hitting db's. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you would prefer a cooler climate, I would suggest three schools in New  Hampshire with differing levels of academics and football  Dartmouth College, in Hanover New Hampshire, University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H. , and Plymouth State University, in Plymouth, N.H.

[/QUOTE]

Living in Norway all my life I would love to live a place where the climate is anything better than Norway 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Then Guilford