Not afraid of DENVER !!! some key facts !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Not afraid of DENVER !!! some key facts !!!

Denver is playing good football YES. They have a huge winning streak YES... but against SAN DIEGO (2) NEW ORLEANS, BENGALS, PANTHERS, KANSAS CITY, BUCS, RAIDERS, BALTIMORE (WHAT IS LEFT OF THE RAVENS)

C´mon... we as a base fan of a great team, can´t be impress by none of those games.

BACK IN OCTUBER WE DID NOT HAVE: HIGHTOWER, HERNANDEZ, GREGORY, EDELMAN, DMC WAS STILL SUCKING AT CORNER, TALIB WAS NOT HERE. Dennard played a little bit

They will also play a better defense, and a complete offense with gronk + hernandez + a better Lloyd + same old welker.

i say lets win the next couple of games and give time to Spikes, Mankins, Dennard and the other injured players to heal...

DID I MENTION THEIR PROBOWL RB IS OUT ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Not afraid of DENVER !!! some key facts !!!

Who's afraid of Denver except the fair weather fans like Texas Pat. The Pats will have to beat good to great teams to win the super bowl no matter what. They won the super bowl with a tougher route in 2001 and 2004 than this year and they lost with an easier route in 2007. They did beat Denver and Houston this year after all. I for one am not afraid of the Bengals or Ravens (if the Pats lose that game then they weren't going to win the super bowl anyways). I can assure you the Broncos fans are just as worried abou tplaying the Pats (probably more). If we are lucky it will be snowing there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

fahk the broncos.....total product of their cupcake schedule, they have lost to every good team they have played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think the Pats are truly the masters of their own destiny if they are healthy. Meaning I think they are the best team in the NFL. After what they did to Houston and what they were able to do in one of the most historic comebacks in NFL history (they came back and tied the game... they didnt finish) they showed they are the team no one should want to face.

But Denver is good. ANd they are playing their best football now. And P. Manning is always deadly. And Denver is one of the best home teams in the league. And consider that teams playing away in Denver have some trouble adjusting to the altitude... if we want to run that hurry up and hurry offense the way we did in scoring those 28 points verse SF we might make it harder for our own players.

What I am saying is that I think we win in Denver but it is one of the most difficult games we will play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's afraid of Denver except the fair weather fans like Texas Pat. The Pats will have to beat good to great teams to win the super bowl no matter what. They won the super bowl with a tougher route in 2001 and 2004 than this year and they lost with an easier route in 2007. They did beat Denver and Houston this year after all. I for one am not afraid of the Bengals or Ravens (if the Pats lose that game then they weren't going to win the super bowl anyways). I can assure you the Broncos fans are just as worried abou tplaying the Pats (probably more). If we are lucky it will be snowing there.

[/QUOTE]

+1 !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

the one key yall are missing is the game will be in Denver. Historically the Pats have not fared well at that altitude. I imagine that would certainly limit our ability to play up tempo as well. Having said all that I still believe this is our year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I'm a super enthusiastic fannnnnnnNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a super enthusiastic fannnnnnnNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'd be more worried about the officials and the NFL in Denver. I think it will be truly hard to beat the Broncos in Denver come playoff time. For any team I don't care who it is. Barring some major mitigation of the holding/PI calls that will crucially go Denver's way, Peyton will get his 2nd ring and be "validated" and tie his little brother.  The NFL wants it, and gets Elway face time. Again, this is how I see the Denver game going, and again in the AFC championship, regardless of which teams plays them. Hell they may rig the Houston game so the AFCCG is in Denver. Would not shock me at all..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm not worried about the Broncos team, as a whole, one bit.  The only thing that concerns me is playing in Mile High stadium where the Pats continuously struggle.  Also, being that it will probably be in Mile High, I'm honestly worried about the officiating being in Gomer's back pocket.  Seriously.  I'm not trying to come off as whiney, but anybody who says that Gomer doesn't get the most help from the refs when it comes to PI is simply ignorant.

Cue Underdick in 3, 2, 1......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

As with any BB team, the Pats usually fair pretty well against teams they've already played the same year. That means another win over the Broncos, and a completely different and favorable outcome against the 49ers in the SB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. 

BB will have the team ready.  Practice will be held at the closest football field to the top of Mt. Washington to get acclimated to the altitude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be more worried about the officials and the NFL in Denver. I think it will be truly hard to beat the Broncos in Denver come playoff time. For any team I don't care who it is. Barring some major mitigation of the holding/PI calls that will crucially go Denver's way, Peyton will get his 2nd ring and be "validated" and tie his little brother.  The NFL wants it, and gets Elway face time. Again, this is how I see the Denver game going, and again in the AFC championship, regardless of which teams plays them. Hell they may rig the Houston game so the AFCCG is in Denver. Would not shock me at all..

[/QUOTE]

My sentiments as well.  Good post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver is playing good football YES. They have a huge winning streak YES... but against SAN DIEGO (2) NEW ORLEANS, BENGALS, PANTHERS, KANSAS CITY, BUCS, RAIDERS, BALTIMORE (WHAT IS LEFT OF THE RAVENS)

C´mon... we as a base fan of a great team, can´t be impress by none of those games.

BACK IN OCTUBER WE DID NOT HAVE: HIGHTOWER, HERNANDEZ, GREGORY, EDELMAN, DMC WAS STILL SUCKING AT CORNER, TALIB WAS NOT HERE. Dennard played a little bit

They will also play a better defense, and a complete offense with gronk + hernandez + a better Lloyd + same old welker.

i say lets win the next couple of games and give time to Spikes, Mankins, Dennard and the other injured players to heal...

DID I MENTION THEIR PROBOWL RB IS OUT ?

[/QUOTE]

The worry I have is the officiating. Home town decisions galore if Pats play them in Denver. All the sentiment to get Horsehead into the Superbowl will lead to a flag athon against New England

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As with any BB team, the Pats usually fair pretty well against teams they've already played the same year. That means another win over the Broncos, and a completely different and favorable outcome against the 49ers in the SB

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...what makes you think the 49ers are going to the SB ??? Green Bay and Atlanta are major obstacles as is Denver for the Pats.

Did not research the stats of which teams had the best record and the bye week who went on to win the SB in the last few years. I know the 49ers had it last year and only on an incredibly lucky play in last minute did they beat New Orleans and then 9-7 Giants come in and beat them. Hate to bring up old wounds but I would hope the Pats would rather play the Giants in the SB than the 49ers to avenge 2 gut wrenching losses in their last 2 SB meetings. So, I believe in momentum and a week off is only beneficial to rest a hurt player(s), I think, so Pats, perhaps, being a wild card team is not the worst thing.

Brady's performance was incredible and he has received due praise. However, keep in mind that the Pats' defense provided 4 stops of 3 and out without 49ers making a 1st down. Just 1-2 first downs and 3-4 minutes off the clock might have resulted in 1-2 less TDs. So, Pats' defense needs earn some praise too. Unfortunately, with score tied they needed do it again but luck ran out !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Moreno has been better than McGahee, so it really makes no difference that he's out.

Here's the biggest concern: Dennard.

Last two games, this guy has come out dinged up. Say what you want about the Bronco's, but Manning is capable of scoring just as fast as Brady. If Arrington has to play on the outside, then look out.

Mile High is a concern, but not a huge one. I think Shanny gave the Pats more problems than it was the stadium (Look at what Brady did last season)

Bronco's are still the Pats biggest threat in the AFC. Interpret that as a shot to the rest of the AFC or a compliment to the Broncos

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the x factors are Manning and playing at Mile High Stadium.  If they do play there, maybe they will arrive 1-2 days earlier than they normally would to get acclimated to playing at a different pressure level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

They've improved a lot since the Pats played them, but nonetheless look who their QB is. He usually folds in the playoffs.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think the Pat's are afraid of anyone. The issue is going to be cumulation of having to play 2 games on the road. It is very difficult to win in the NFL no less win road games against playoff teams.

[/QUOTE]

Great point. I have no doubt that the Patriots can beat Denver and Houston on the road. The issue will be having to play those games back to back without a break going into the playoffs.

I know the Ravens are beat up and the Steelers are not playing well, but I would prefer to avoid those two teams in the first round only because of how physical the game will be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think the Pat's are afraid of anyone. The issue is going to be cumulation of having to play 2 games on the road. It is very difficult to win in the NFL no less win road games against playoff teams.

[/QUOTE]

Great point. I have no doubt that the Patriots can beat Denver and Houston on the road. The issue will be having to play those games back to back without a break going into the playoffs.

I know the Ravens are beat up and the Steelers are not playing well, but I would prefer to avoid those two teams in the first round only because of how physical the game will be.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. 2006, remember how some Patriot players got the flu going into the championship game against Indy? Health will be a big concern.

Going to Denver, back to foxborough, then to HOU are actual road games. These aren't like 1 hour plane rides to Pittsburgh or whatever. Should be tough. Not impossible, but tough. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This will only be borne out if the Pats play the Broncos in the playoffs.  Either way, what happened in the regular season rarely holds once the playoffs arrive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's not the Broncos that have me worried.

It's Denver itself.

I don't think the Broncos -- even on their best day -- are as good as the Pats, but they do have something that the Patriots don't, and that is an actual home-field advantage. History tells us that New England tends to implode at altitude . . .  and more than that, there is the small matter of the Pats gacking away control of their own destiny and a reasonable shot at the #1 seed against a team that couldn't beat the fachrissake St. Louis Rams.

Oh well . . .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

P-Mike.. all we can do as fans is hope the Pats do well and win, win, win!!  But, it is amazing how much rhetoric both the fans and the press use in their opinions about the Pats and their play.  Like, it is a forgone conclusion they may not get a bye!  There are two games left, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Good point, Bill.

All season I've simply been assuming that Baltimore would get its rematch with the Pats in the conference championship . . .  and with New Jersey (blue) coming in, the Ravens could be on the outside looking in this time next week.

I haven't bothered to look at who is left on Denver's schedule . . .   I would imagine it's probably the Chiefs and the Raiders . . .  but who knows.

Strange things sometimes happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good point, Bill.

All season I've simply been assuming that Baltimore would get its rematch with the Pats in the conference championship . . .  and with New Jersey (blue) coming in, the Ravens could be on the outside looking in this time next week.

I haven't bothered to look at who is left on Denver's schedule . . .   I would imagine it's probably the Chiefs and the Raiders . . .  but who knows.

Strange things sometimes happen.

[/QUOTE]

They have two home games left Cleveland and KC.  Could they lose one, maybe but not likely.

Houston on the other hand is home against Minn and then they go to Indy.  Minn is a good team and AP is going to the single season rushing record and Indy will be flighting for their playoff life.  the Texans could lose both of those games.  If that happened we'd get the two seed, with a bye and only have to travel to Den if they win out.

Sections
Shortcuts