Not Dennard's fault giving up td to Walker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not Dennard's fault giving up td to Walker

Playbook

Playbook

McCorty put him in a really bad spot to cover two receivers.

Good read here

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Film-Study-Kaepernick-lights-up-the-Patriots.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Not Dennard's fault giving up td to Walker

Why the F**k do we have 4 guys covering an unoccupied area between the 20 - 25?

Is it:

Poor Coaching?

Bad Scheme?

Bad Players not in proper coverage?

We should of blitzed all 4 and maybe that would of disrupted the play since having them, not in the paly at all,  just picking the azzes around the 25 yard line cost us 6 points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe McCourty shouldn't have committed to Moss, but I wonder if Spikes should have dropped deeper to cover the inside receiver (is he a TE--can't read number?) on Dennard's side?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Lesson learned. Maybe in our lifetime we will see robots playing the game who won't make mistakes. For now we're stuck with mere humans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dennard got burned twice last game, that we'd expect a rookie not to get beat once in a while is not  realistic.  Our new wrinkle with Talib and Dennard at corner with McCourty at safety I think BB borrowed from Pete Carroll in Seattle, who, in 6 degrees of Belichick borrowed it from those early 2000 Pat's secondaries.  

Have oversized, physical corners who can press the receivers and corner speed at safety to clean up mistakes.  Remember Eugene Wilson was a converted corner.  

If the receiver beats the press, the drop zone gets no pressure with their base 4 man front, then the QB has all day to pick and choose.  

We lost because we turned the ball over, we can beat the 49ers as handily as we did the Texans if we protect the ball and execute.

I love our chances...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Obviously wasn't Dennard's fault, he tried to pick up two guys. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Agreed. Just saw that replay on NFL Network. Dennard was left alone to cover 2 receivers.

Not much he could do.

Whoever was making the defensice calls (both coaches and player on field) blew that play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. Just saw that replay on NFL Network. Dennard was left alone to cover 2 receivers.

Not much he could do.

Whoever was making the defensice calls (both coaches and player on field) blew that play.

[/QUOTE]

True. It seemed that the Pats were playing soft zone all night and I saw very little man cover, where Dennard and Talib are more effective. Dennard is my favvy there, he covers man, he's always close to a pick six and knows when to go for it and he makes the tackle on his man almost instantly. He had good teachers at Nebraska to elevate his talent. Playing the soft zone kills the Pats.

Another thing, is SF used the T formation ( 4 in the Back)  about 5-6 times, long time since I've seen that.

Enjoy your comments ....

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts