Not fair to put all of this on Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Not fair to put all of this on Brady

I understand that this team once had a cycle of impressive defensive players, and that revamping such a defense doesn't happen overnight, but how long is Tom going to have to support a defense which in no way can be counted on as it once was in crunch time? I love this team, and probably follow them closer than most,  but we have become a one dimensional football team, and I for one feel horrible because I feel as though it is keeping Tom Brady from championships, in spite of his brilliant play. Which is not fair. Belichick has a defensive mind which none of us can even rival, I would never question that, but this team is still not where it needs to be defensively, and I for one am worrying about wasting Tom's remaining best years with a suspect defense, because that is all that is keeping this team from a championship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Not fair to put all of this on Brady

Too many bad choices with personnel for too long. It was fun while it lasted. We still have a shot, but not a great one. All that can be done now is to hope better choices are made in the future than has been in the past. I advise not holding ones breath.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Minni-  I guess I'm just kinda confused at this general viewpoint which has consistantly been expressed on here lately.  Help me to understand better, please...

QWhy is it unfair to blame even 1 single interception thrown by Tom Brady, ON Tom Brady, YET at the same time fully heap the total blame of any and every single shortcoming of Every single play given up to the opposing team for 1 yard, On the shoulders of Devin McCourty?    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Not fair to put all of this on Brady:
    [QUOTE]Minni -  I guess I'm just kinda confused at this general viewpoint which has consistantly been expressed on here lately.  Help me to understand better, please... Q :  Why is it unfair to blame even 1 single interception thrown by Tom Brady, ON Tom Brady, YET at the same time fully heap the total blame of any and every single shortcoming of Every single play given up to the opposing team for 1 yard, On the shoulders of Devin McCourty ?    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I don't get your logic here.

A better question would be....

Why don't we lament every pass Gronk or Welker drop?

The answer.....

Because they are outstanding players that contribute massively to the team's success and are so good the occasional error is virtually ignored. As it should be.

Instead of criticizing Brady for an interception in the Skins game people should be criticizing Welker for dropping a TD pass. But no such thing happens because there are two standards applied by some fans when it comes to Brady. Welker's drop is more to blame than Brady's INT because if he makes the catch Brady doesn't need to try again and face a more difficult down.

And why are we even concerned if we have a TD lead? Because this D is not reliable to stop the inept Skins D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Too many bad choices with personnel for too long. It was fun while it lasted. We still have a shot, but not a great one. All that can be done now is to hope better choices are made in the future than has been in the past. I advise not holding ones breath.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

In order for the Pats to have any chance at all in the play-offs, it's imperative that they earn a bye...and the top overall seed. They can't afford another loss this season. In other words, todays' game at Denver is a must win for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In a perfect world Brady would have the best receivers a great running game and a stout defense but life's not perfect.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Well right now Brady has the worst defense, a below average running game(21st), no legitimate deep threat WR, and a psycho offensive coordinator.

Brady doesn't need perfect to win a superbowl, just not bottom of the barrel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

If we win today we'll have the 2nd best record in the NFL. I have faith in this team, bad defense and all. A one dimensional football team can still win the superbowl.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not fair to put all of this on Brady : I don't get your logic here. A better question would be.... Why don't we lament every pass Gronk or Welker drop? The answer..... Because they are outstanding players that contribute massively to the team's success and are so good the occasional error is virtually ignored. As it should be. Instead of criticizing Brady for an interception in the Skins game people should be criticizing Welker for dropping a TD pass. But no such thing happens because there are two standards applied by some fans when it comes to Brady. Welker's drop is more to blame than Brady's INT because if he makes the catch Brady doesn't need to try again and face a more difficult down. And why are we even concerned if we have a TD lead? Because this D is not reliable to stop the inept Skins D.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe...your reasoning prowess will forever remain, An absolute amazement to me for as long as I walk the earth...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not fair to put all of this on Brady : And if their running game WAS above average, they wouldn't be averaging 30 plus points a game.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

This is your problem Patsfansince1966, you don't deal with facts!  My statements are based on statistical facts, yours are just what you pull out of your delusional head.  The Pats are ranked 21st overall in rushing 1366 yds to be precise, just behind Seattle.  Based on these facts  the Patriots have a slightly below average running game.  No different then saying the Pats have the worst pass defense, fact not opinion.

Where did those 30pts come from? Brady is rank 2nd with over 4000 yds and 33 tds.  Which is why anyone that blames Brady is an idiot.