Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants

In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants:
    [QUOTE]Both games were ugly.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    It boiled down to which team got the lucky break last.  Pats got the Cundiff missed FG and the Giants got the fumbled punt return in FG range to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it should be a good game.... stop being a whiney *iatch 10 seconds after they just beat the consensus best D in the league and qualified for their 5th...yes 5th superbowl in 11 years ...wow!

bring on goober!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

also ...brady didnt have a great game...  but he still made plays when they needed to be made....

and the ints were two spectacular plays by the defense...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]also ...brady didnt have a great game...  but he still made plays when they needed to be made.... and the ints were two spectacular plays by the defense...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    Somewhat truthful, but, Brady threw to covered receivers as they weren't even open when he threw the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

It's time for some sweet REVENGE!

Brady with two weeks to prepare?

Gives time for Gronk to get back to 100%, BB to scheme on D and O'Brien/McDaniels to come up with a great game plan.

Can't wait!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Stanzas. Show 4Stanzas's posts

I threw a ball up in the air
    It came to Earth I know not where
    E'en though my catcher's hands were clay
    His helmet caught it anyway. - Eli Manning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Every time we head into a tough game, knowing that the other team is very good, I just think back to 2001. I was one that really didn't have a lot of confidence going against the Rams being 14 point underdogs. I think a large percentage of Pats fans didn't feel too good about that one.

Since that game, I just know that the "Any given Sunday" saying is for real. We have a legend QB....a legend coach....and a whole lot of heart. I love our chances against the Gmen. Will it be tough?....silly question. It should be hard to win it all, otherwise it means squat.

I don't bet on sports anymore, but even if i did, I just don't think I could ever bring myself to bet against Brady & Belichick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants:
    [QUOTE]Tell me if Im wrong but does anyone fear that the Giants will beat the Patriots again?? Eli just looks too good to be sloppy and Brady was very sloppy today.  Let's face it, since the loss to the Giant at Superbowl in 2007 Brady has only had but 1 good game and that was last week against Tebow & Denver.  I hope I am wrong and  I sure hope we will get to see the old Tom Brady of Superbowl 2001, 2003 & 2004. He being the 'clutch player' that he was is being overshadowed by Eli...and guys believe me I HATE ELI...more than his brother. At least his brother has class, and Eli doesn't not to mention that I just hate New York Giants or Yankees. Just one more win for Tom and he is right up there with Terry Bradshaw & Joe Montana as the only other quarterback in NFL history with 4 Superbowl wins under his belt...or he will forever be the goat of the Giants. please share yor comments and tell me if I am wrong or if I am the only Pats fan that is not feeling very confident with Brady. Pats just simply got lucky today is all I can say. I'm glad they are where they belong...in the Superbowl
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

You are wrong. You are a Troll.  Giants look like crap, if not for to special team mistakes you are sitting at home watching it like all the rest. Could not complete a pass could not run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

And if the 49'rs don't fumble that punt in OT, maybe they win and the negative nellies who enjoy sucking oxygen out of the room would be writing about how we have to fear the San Francisco Defense.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Tell me if Im wrong but does anyone fear that the Giants will beat the Patriots again?? Eli just looks too good to be sloppy and Brady was very sloppy today.  Let's face it, since the loss to the Giant at Superbowl in 2007 Brady has only had but 1 good game and that was last week against Tebow & Denver.  I hope I am wrong and  I sure hope we will get to see the old Tom Brady of Superbowl 2001, 2003 & 2004. He being the 'clutch player' that he was is being overshadowed by Eli...and guys believe me I HATE ELI...more than his brother. At least his brother has class, and Eli doesn't not to mention that I just hate New York Giants or Yankees. Just one more win for Tom and he is right up there with Terry Bradshaw & Joe Montana as the only other quarterback in NFL history with 4 Superbowl wins under his belt...or he will forever be the goat of the Giants. please share yor comments and tell me if I am wrong or if I am the only Pats fan that is not feeling very confident with Brady. Pats just simply got lucky today is all I can say. I'm glad they are where they belong...in the Superbowl

Just relax and enjoy the ride.  We may not win, but we will be there competing. I personally think the first one was a TOTAL fluke, and that they only slid by last night due to the wildest of miracles, namely someone muffing a punt TWICE in fairly quick succession.  Did we need help?  Yeah, but only to NOT go into overtime in a game we mostly had in hand even with poor play.  They basically got into overtime only because of a gift at the 30, and only won on a repeat of that gift.  I am not afraid.  You shouldn't be either.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Oh ye of little faith.  The Giants have been hot, yes, but they are not invincible.  The 49ers had that game several times and made multiple boneheaded turnovers.  The Pats can and will beat them.  Please keep underestimating Brady.  That has been the great motivation of his career. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I  think the giants will be a very tough game. They've beaten us the last 2 times, and eli is red hot.
    However, the patriots might have finally learned a valuable lesson last night that in the playoffs against good defensive teams who are focused on stopping your passing game, that you MUST run, they are giving you the run becuz they know you wont stick with it long enough to make them pay. The one drive we ran it consintently, we scored a td with bjge.  If you recall also against the jets in last years playoff game(4th quarter) and reg season(1st game) we ran the ball very effectively, becuz those teams are  implementing a lot of nickel against us ( 4 dl and 6 to 7 dbacks)  also when you factor that we already play a lot of 2 te sets it should be that much easier to run out of. Running the ball is even more vital against the giants becuz it will also keep eli off the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Pv$$y

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Both games were ugly.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Giants were lucky, could not move the ball on offense all day.

Pats moved the ball at will (TFB had two very bad passes) even with that we won. Pats played great and will play great in the SB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I  think the giants will be a very tough game. They've beaten us the last 2 times, and eli is red hot. However, the patriots might have finally learned a valuable lesson last night that in the playoffs against good defensive teams who are focused on stopping your passing game, that you MUST run, they are giving you the run becuz they know you wont stick with it long enough to make them pay. The one drive we ran it consintently, we scored a td with bjge.  If you recall also against the jets in last years playoff game(4th quarter) and reg season(1st game) we ran the ball very effectively, becuz those teams are  implementing a lot of nickel against us ( 4 dl and 6 to 7 dbacks)  also when you factor that we already play a lot of 2 te sets it should be that much easier to run out of. Running the ball is even more vital against the giants becuz it will also keep eli off the field.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Gman: learn to spell and get a new handle: Troll

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this separately under "How Patriots can beat the Giants by a 49er fan".
    In addition to what I say below about needing to out pressure on Manning, Alex Smith who went 1-13 on 3rd downs is no Brady and other than Vernon Wells does not have the receivers that NE has. I say it below, Giants were lucky to win by the egregious fielding of 2 punts resulting in turnovers that gave the Giants their only 10 points in 2nd half & OT.

I am in mourning today.  The only bright thing about yesterday is that I would have been in a quandary as I am also a Boston teams fan(I spent the first 21 years of my life in Maine so roots run deep and past 45 in SF) if the 49ers and Patriots had met. I see the early line is New England 3 1/2 over the Giants.  I’ll bet if 49ers had won it would have been a pick-em game and maybe the line would have gone to 3 points depending on the direction of the betting.

49er defense in the 2nd half yesterday was just plain awesome. Giants 10 points in 2nd half including OT did not come from driving down the field but came from getting the ball on 2 miscues on about the 25 yard line, the 2nd score was the game winning field goal. It was a painful way to lose and I don’t care what anybody says, the Giants were lucky. With about 2 minutes to go we recover a fumble on Giant 20 yard line but they called the play stopped due to forward progress. I felt the runner was still up and could have broken away.  Unfortunately, it was not reviewable.  You can imagine we could have milked the clock and just kicked a field goal in that 2 minutes and made the Giants use their time outs. In 2 instances with Manning under pressure and our defenders so good, 2 of the 49ers were in front of a Giant receiver and while going for the interception they collided and prevented the other from an interception.  Just one of them defending would have resulted in interceptions. Ya, I know, Manning was better getting first downs on the 3rd down and Smith was not.  But, we bent, but didn’t break and Giants always had the ball in better field position.  I reiterate, other than getting the ball from the 2 miscues 25 yards from the goal line, they were never a threat to score in the 2nd half. So, we need to put pressure on Manning. He does not like to be sacked so puts the ball up as I mention above in 2 situations which could have been interceptions. I do not feel their running game is a threat so we need gamble with some blitzes as Eli is deadly with no pressure.

What will be painful again is if the Giants beat the Patriots.  In the Super Bowl in 2008 the Patriots were 16-0 and 14 point favorites. They were beaten 17-14 in the last few minutes in an upset I think almost as tantamount as Joe Namath leading the Jets to a 16-7 win in 1969 Super Bowl over the 17 point favorite Colts (13-1) and Johnny Unitas.

Thank you Patriot fans for allowing me to vent a bit about 49er loss but now I'm 100% with you guys !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Giants were lucky, could not move the ball on offense all day. Pats moved the ball at will (TFB had two very bad passes) even with that we won. Pats played great and will play great in the SB
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

The Giants got some lucky bounces, that's for sure. They also played a lockdown Defense in the 49ers. What I liked about our game yesterday is that we were able to move the ball. However, what I didn't like is that our red zone trips more often than not ended in FG's and not TDs. This cannot be the case in 2 weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

After a nice start, Brady failed to pass for 6,000 yards this year.  He is suffering from diminishing skills.

I also can't believe he didn't throw for seven touchdowns last week after having six so early in the game.  Nice punt though.  He might beat Zoltan out for a roster spot next year!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Somewhat truthful, but, Brady threw to covered receivers as they weren't even open when he threw the ball.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

yup hes human...makes mistakes... bet it will fire him up in coule weeks too.

Thats fine but if you look at a lot of throws thats how they... the qbs throw the ball to a spot....  they dont always have time to wait for the guy to come open and often the ball is away before the reciever even makes his cut..

the main point is... we didnt lose....  was it out best game.... obviously not...did we play a good d...yes they are pretty good and we still won

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan03. Show patriotsfan03's posts

oh god...ppl are worried abt brady thats last think we need to worry abt pats..

for christ's sake RODGERS had 55+ qb rating in NFC champ game still not even

one packers fan complained abt it....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pgooglie. Show pgooglie's posts

-What planet do you live on?  "Brady has had only 1 good game since 2007"; are you smoking something?  He won the NFL MVP last year, passed for over 5,000 yards this year and is a serious candidate to repeat MVP; do you think they give that award to someone who hasn't had a good game since 2007?  Are you serious? Do you know anything about football?

Good games: what constitues that?  Is someone who goes 16 for 27 and passes for 165 yards considered good?  Not by your comments. Not by the standard of this year's NFL.  But guess what?  Those were Tom Brady's stats for the 2002 Super Bowl when the Pats beat the Rams.....and Brady was named MVP!  Dan Marino had a lot of great games: how many Super Bowl rings does he have?  Yeah, zero!

You're not confident with the franchise guy?  The QB who put this team on the map and has gotten them to 5 Super Bowls?  I'd love to hear who you think can do the job.  Ryan Mallett?  Bryan Hoyer? 

Come down to earth, will ya?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Stating an objective opinion is seen by some here as a mortal sin, my friend. 

Based on what I've seen of the Giants, how poorly Tom Brady played against the Ravens, the difficulty the Patriots' secondary had covering and tackling the Baltimore WRs, and the very real possibility that TE Rob Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain, and may not be close to 100% 10-12 days from now, your concerns appear to be well grounded.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I posted this separately under "How Patriots can beat the Giants by a 49er fan". In addition to what I say below about needing to out pressure on Manning, Alex Smith who went 1-13 on 3rd downs is no Brady and other than Vernon Wells does not have the receivers that NE has. I say it below, Giants were lucky to win by the egregious fielding of 2 punts resulting in turnovers that gave the Giants their only 10 points in 2nd half & OT. I am in mourning today.  The only bright thing about yesterday is that I would have been in a quandary as I am also a Boston teams fan(I spent the first 21 years of my life in Maine so roots run deep and past 45 in SF) if the 49ers and Patriots had met. I see the early line is New England 3 1/2 over the Giants.  I’ll bet if 49ers had won it would have been a pick-em game and maybe the line would have gone to 3 points depending on the direction of the betting. 49er defense in the 2nd half yesterday was just plain awesome. Giants 10 points in 2nd half including OT did not come from driving down the field but came from getting the ball on 2 miscues on about the 25 yard line, the 2nd score was the game winning field goal. It was a painful way to lose and I don’t care what anybody says, the Giants were lucky. With about 2 minutes to go we recover a fumble on Giant 20 yard line but they called the play stopped due to forward progress. I felt the runner was still up and could have broken away.  Unfortunately, it was not reviewable.  You can imagine we could have milked the clock and just kicked a field goal in that 2 minutes and made the Giants use their time outs. In 2 instances with Manning under pressure and our defenders so good, 2 of the 49ers were in front of a Giant receiver and while going for the interception they collided and prevented the other from an interception.  Just one of them defending would have resulted in interceptions. Ya, I know, Manning was better getting first downs on the 3rd down and Smith was not.  But, we bent, but didn’t break and Giants always had the ball in better field position.  I reiterate, other than getting the ball from the 2 miscues 25 yards from the goal line, they were never a threat to score in the 2nd half. So, we need to put pressure on Manning. He does not like to be sacked so puts the ball up as I mention above in 2 situations which could have been interceptions. I do not feel their running game is a threat so we need gamble with some blitzes as Eli is deadly with no pressure. What will be painful again is if the Giants beat the Patriots.  In the Super Bowl in 2008 the Patriots were 16-0 and 14 point favorites. They were beaten 17-14 in the last few minutes in an upset I think almost as tantamount as Joe Namath leading the Jets to a 16-7 win in 1969 Super Bowl over the 17 point favorite Colts (13-1) and Johnny Unitas. Thank you Patriot fans for allowing me to vent a bit about 49er loss but now I'm 100% with you guys !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Two fumbles on punt returns...which accounted for 10 of the Giants' 17 points, in regulation. What a frustrating thing that must have been for 49er fans to see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Well said! Unfortunately, something I couldn't do when I was younger. It's only a game and we all have other things on our minds that are real and pressing issues in our lives. I hope that everyone enjoys the experience and hopefully a Pats victory but did anyone really feel that this was a Super Bowl team back in October with questions on D etc.? We fans are playing with house money. Enjoy the ride!
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

so true. And you have the best moniker on these boards. i always think of the hapless 1990 pats whenever you post. I still can't believe the Pats ownership chose Rod Rust over Ron Meyer in 1984. It seemed like typical Sullivan family goofiness at the time. Rod Rust then put together a very good defense in 1985 that went to the super bowl. My favorite Pats win ever is the Orange Bowl thrashing of the Dolphins in 1985 that brought the Pats to their first super bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts