Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undones. Show undones's posts

Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants

In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants:
    [QUOTE]You didn't think Eli looked sloppy today? I saw at least 2 easy INT's for the 49ers that they dropped. Brady had a mediocre game against one of the league's best defenses. I wouldn't say Eli ripped up the 49ers D. The Giants scored 20 points, and 10 of those were the direct result of terrible special teams play.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Giants are better than the Ravens.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : No, the Gints have ONE good d lineman. Did you even WATCH the interception?  Nine times in ten that ball thuds to the ground. Know nothing fair weather fan.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

It scares me that people like you can vote and sit on a jury.  I mean really.  It scares the heck out of me.  What a 'tard.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : You're thinkin' too much. Plus? It is only a game dude. We survived the last Super Bowl loss and we'll survive whatever happens this one. Enjoy the ride dude. We're goin' to the Super Bowl! Again!!! Go Pats!
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Well said! Unfortunately, something I couldn't do when I was younger. It's only a game and we all have other things on our minds that are real and pressing issues in our lives.

I hope that everyone enjoys the experience and hopefully a Pats victory but did anyone really feel that this was a Super Bowl team back in October with questions on D etc.?
    We fans are playing with house money. Enjoy the ride!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as Tom played today, we are the only team in the post season who has lost the turnover battle and still won the game.  The main reason being our D has really stepped up.   Tom needs to understand he doesn't have to have the O win every game on their own.  
    Posted by BrocktonMike[/QUOTE]
    In BOTH playoff games, too!!  Broncos had a 2 - 1 edge...  Ravens 3 - 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Yes, 9-7 is better than 12-4.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Dude, take a breath. If you find in necessary to answer EVERY worrisome, negative or doubtful person here you may not get much sleep and it will be a long two weeks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Rman- you lost me at:
    "Let's face it, since the loss to the Giant at Superbowl in 2007 Brady has only had but 1 good game and that was last week against Tebow & Denver. "

Please. Do your homework.

TB had an off game. I woud not want ANY other QB past or present going into the SB.  I have no worries about what TB can and will do. And Baby Manning can and does get very sloppy.
    Yep- you are Wrong. Rally!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Dude, take a breath. If you find in necessary to answer EVERY worrisome, negative or doubtful person here you may not get much sleep and it will be a long two weeks.
    Agree...  we will see a lot of "pink hat" comments these next two weeks.  Gotta stick with positive thoughts and vibes.  There were doubters this past weekend who were wrong and these same folks will be wrong again!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yeah, even Brady says his play sucked but the Ravens have a very good defense. Brady made throws that are successful against other teams and against the Ravens the receivers didn't get to where they were suppose to be, because of the defense or a defender was there.   Brady throws off reads and repetition and some  teams take that away from him.  The Giants have a good D too but not like the Ravens.  

Did I ever say I hate the Ravens the Jets and the Steelers! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants:
    [QUOTE]Tell me if Im wrong but does anyone fear that the Giants will beat the Patriots again?? Eli just looks too good to be sloppy and Brady was very sloppy today.  Let's face it, since the loss to the Giant at Superbowl in 2007 Brady has only had but 1 good game and that was last week against Tebow & Denver.  I hope I am wrong and  I sure hope we will get to see the old Tom Brady of Superbowl 2001, 2003 & 2004. He being the 'clutch player' that he was is being overshadowed by Eli...and guys believe me I HATE ELI...more than his brother. At least his brother has class, and Eli doesn't not to mention that I just hate New York Giants or Yankees. Just one more win for Tom and he is right up there with Terry Bradshaw & Joe Montana as the only other quarterback in NFL history with 4 Superbowl wins under his belt...or he will forever be the goat of the Giants. please share yor comments and tell me if I am wrong or if I am the only Pats fan that is not feeling very confident with Brady. Pats just simply got lucky today is all I can say. I'm glad they are where they belong...in the Superbowl
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

I rarely say anything like this but this is an idiot post.  Brady has had only one good game since 2007?  I assume you meant play-off game but you did not say so, so right there, there is a problem.  Tom Brady has had season after season of record breaking numbers and performances.  Your lack of faith is not only disturbing but irrational.  Its a team game and this team is going to Super Bowl.  There is no foregone conclusion, they have to play the game.  If you feel this way, don't watch, it might be way too hard on your weak system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : In BOTH playoff games, too!!  Broncos had a 2 - 1 edge...  Ravens 3 - 1. Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I think we're seeing two teams collide in Indy that are peaking and seeing the Patriots defense on the field to end the game yesterday was awesome! I hope they get the same chance at Lucas Oil Stadium.

No fear this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Agree...  we will see a lot of "pink hat" comments these next two weeks.  Gotta stick with positive thoughts and vibes.  There were doubters this past weekend who were wrong and these same folks will be wrong again!! Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I don't worry about being right or wrong I do notice when people say things that indicate they really don't understand football and indeed the "bandwagon pink hats" fit that description. Another masterful coaching job by Bill Belichick and congrats to the team leaders (Wilfork, Mayo, Anderson, Welker, Light, Green-Ellis and Captain America!) who make Bill's job fun.

Wow! We're back in the Super Bowl!

The Patriot haters are "sick" of them and all they do...? Win baby!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't think Eli looked sloppy today? I saw at least 2 easy INT's for the 49ers that they dropped. Brady had a mediocre game against one of the league's best defenses. I wouldn't say Eli ripped up the 49ers D. The Giants scored 20 points, and 10 of those were the direct result of terrible special teams play.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

All good points. But the real question is not whether Brady was bad yesterday, has been subpar for several years (with the exception of the hapless Broncos), or might be subpar in the upcoming SB as much as it is "why hasn't he been the stud that we all have seen he can be?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : Dude, take a breath. If you find in necessary to answer EVERY worrisome, negative or doubtful person here you may not get much sleep and it will be a long two weeks.

jus put this annoying old goat on ignore. The forum is much more enjoyable place without his worthless dribble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]If I had to rank his worst postseason games, all of them are in the McDaniels base since 2005. 1. Yesterday. Qualifies as BAD for him. So it's BAD. 2. SD AFC title game.  3 INTs, the game was almost blown due to those INTs, one inthe end  zone and ironically Laura Maroney of all people ran roughshod in more of a Weis base style in the 4th qtr to bail him out. BAD 3. Jets last year. 1 god awful INT, just poor clock management, etc. Mediocre for Brady, certainly not BAD level, but clearly not good enough. This game triggered everyone one to run in here and blame a young D that battled their balls off, but only getting gassed due to a poor offensive gameplan and play, did the D allow 27 points. 4. Denver 2005 Divisionals. This one is hard to say he was BAD, but that Pick 6 was bad. No way around it. NE also turned it over a total of 5 times, so it wasn't all Brady. 5. SB 42. I believe he had a QB rating that looks fine and a lot of this was on McDaniels, but he wasn't good either. At some point, you have to look at your QB who can choose between 2 or 3 plays in a huddle and has total autonomy to do what he wants and audible. Mediocre and not good enough. People can babble all day long about stats in regular season games in October or against bad or mediocre Ds (like we saw last week, folks), but against the quality Ds in man coverage, that;s when I want Weis era Brady.  Throw it away, don't be careless with it, if you need to take a sack, take it.  Scary part is, I and anyone who agrees with these things shouldn't know more than the people paid to see this stuff.  I find it incredible to believe BB doesn't see this. When a road team comes in like that, wants to rip Brady's head off and wants to prove to their world they are better than NE, it's beyond maddening to see our offensive style/gameplan seriously play into this concept. Yesterday, Balt wasn't even respecting our Run game Two major myths about this team: 1. D stinks. 2. NE has no run game. Absolute myths. I laughed when they started using BJGE as the lead back on the second drive and then was incensed he got pulled off, only to see theoffense again struggle. Then, I liked it again out of halftime, then incences again. lol Wash, rinse, repeat. My attitude is, they willl win the SB if they want to. Really. If they want to.  I know that sounds somewhat arrogant, but I and likely many others here know exactly what NY will do with their gameplan. We all know it. It's rush 4, maybe a blitz here or, mix some zone and  man to try confuse and delay for the rush to eventually get past our good O Line and then cover with 7. They'll play mostly man, but I can see them tweaking it a bit playing zone just at random for brain fck on Brady. This is exactly what NY will do on D.  We are morons x 100000000 if we seriously do not infuse a gameplan with hearty dose of BJGE and Ridley as a lead back on drives. I felt NE would beat Balt, but I did not feel they  would be yet again so moronic on offense with the playcalling. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Has your heart rate dropped under 158 yet King?

I think you should stalk BB and let him know what you think about the gameplanning.

Dude, enjoy it. The Pats have three titles and are going for a fourth, ALL IN YOUR LIFETIME! Shorten your posts and enjoy the moment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling confident with Brady...afraid of NY Giants : jus put this annoying old goat on ignore. The forum is much more enjoyable place without his worthless dribble.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

lol...good suggestion. Both he and king get on my nerves. Do THEY EVER shut up?
    The picture below was shot at one of their houses, I'm not telling which one of them.

I bet they both wear their Patriots pajamas all day Sunday too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

actually the giants were very  lucky yesterday  two special team turnovers cost the 49ers. and as  som epeople have already mentioned last time TB had 2 weeks off  he killed  Denver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

Both teams were lucky yesterday.
    Should be a great match up.
    Any given Sunday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Both games were ugly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As is the case in any game involving two good, well-coached teams, both the Pats game and the Giants game came down to one or two plays at critical times.  Pats D in final Ravens possession coupled with a shanked field goal attempt won it for the Pats.  Special teams mistakes by the 9ers won it for the Giants. 

Feel free to disagree with my take on which plays were the critical ones but the bottom line was and always will be in close games:  which team makes the plays at critical times.

I watched the Bears bury the Pats in SB XX, Green Bay beat 'em in SB XXI, 3 great wins after BB and TB came along, a very tough loss to the Giants 4 years ago.  What Eli and TB did yesterday doesn't count for squat come SB time.  If the Pats execute and make plays they win; if they don't, they won't.