Not happy about the result....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Not happy about the result....

I'm not going to lie, I was pulling hard for the Steelers today. I really think that from a matchup standpoint they were an easier 'out' for New England. Just a few things that I noted:

They have smaller, more finesse receivers compared to Denver's. Denver has bigger, more physical receivers, who tend to give the Pats' DB's fits. Denver also has a more unorthodox offense, one that I could see giving the young Patriots' defense some issues. Tebow, as of now, is a better QB than Roethlisberger, purely given their health. Tebow's improvising ability scares me, and the Patriots' pass-rush will have to be disciplined but also aggressive. 

A number of other things, the Patriots always struggle against Denver, especially in the playoffs. Now I know that this game is in New England, and that does give me more confidence, but it's still something to note. Another thing to note is that we already beat Denver. It seems like the Pats have recently struggled against opponents that they beat earlier in the season. It was the case in 2009, when they beat the Ravens and then lost in the playoffs, and then in 2010, when they split with the Jets, and then lost in the playoffs to them.

Overall, I'd much rather have faced Pitt than Denver, but it is what it is. Obviously the dominating win earlier in the season has to provide some confidence, and having McDaniels on our sideline, a guy familiar with Denver is also beneficial. I still have full confidence we'll win, but I wanted to get this off my chest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Not happy about the result....

I respectfully disagree.  This is a different Denver team than the ones that give the Patriots fits.  Also...the Pats faced those Denver teams more times than not, in Denver.

As we saw...any team can be beat...regardless of how good or bad a part of their team is.  Hold on tight....here we go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I would have rather had the Steelers also, mostly just because they are so beat up.  But it didn't work out, so here we go.  I'm pretty sure our gameplan for next week will be MUCH better than it has in the past, and if we can jump out to an early lead I'm not much worried at all.  Denver really should have put this away by halftime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

I don't blame you Vertigho. There are a lot of Pats fans running scared right now. They got lucky out in Denver and caught the Broncos on a bad day. I just hope we can pull this thing out. Let's hope Brady doesn't make too many mistakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I get your concerns but I don't see BB and his team overlooking any of them. Yes players will have to execute on the filed, and the refs really are a wildcard.
    But Pats have BRADY, Gronk, Herendez, Welker, Branch, and and the team of RB's that can create yards.
    OL should be in beter shape, and defense has been great at creating take aways and only getting better.
    Denver is sloppy. Patriots are disciplines and very very talented. I'm sure they all jsut watched that game.
    Advantage- Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let see....Play an 8-8 team we destroyed on their home field or a 12-4 team that beat us?

I'll take what we got, Denver and I expect to win by 4 TD's.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result....:
    I don't blame you Vertigho. There are a lot of Pats fans running scared right now. They got lucky out in Denver and caught the Broncos on a bad day. I just hope we can pull this thing out. Let's hope Brady doesn't make too many mistakes.
    Posted by TD_Jesus

I really don't think that they caught Denver on a bad day. They played significantly better than Denver, and will have to replicate that performance again.

They'll have to commit to the running game as they did the first time they played them, and also be willing to take some deep shots like they did the first time around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I think a lot of people on this forum really don't watch the games.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Just offerring my opinion. I'd personally face a QB on one leg, than a QB who presents a dual-threat and who seems to be mentally tough.

I still think we'll win, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : I really don't think that they caught Denver on a bad day. They played significantly better than Denver, and will have to replicate that performance again. They'll have to commit to the running game as they did the first time they played them, and also be willing to take some deep shots like they did the first time around.
    Posted by vertigho

I don't know. They really let Tebow go down field early and often today and our DB's are scary. We're going to see a completely different game plan this time around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Posted by TD_Jesus

Okay. You answered my question for me from another thread. Thank-you. Troll.
    The Pats didn't get lucky winning in Denver. The Pats out played and dominated Denver in their house. Pray for your Tebow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think a lot of people on this forum really don't watch the games.

How many on this forum expected the Saints to win 45 - 28 or the Giants to win 24 - 2 when many thought the Saints and Giants could have been had?  Anyway...  never count on what happened in a previous game to necessarily carry to the next.  I do like the Pats odds, but...  we seem to recall something from last season that made us giddy going into the playoffs and the Pats first opponent!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Let see....Play an 8-8 team we destroyed on their home field or a 12-4 team that beat us? I'll take what we got, Denver and I expect to win by 4 TD's.
    Posted by tcal2-

This and it's not in question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : Okay. You answered my question for me from another thread. Thank-you. Troll. The Pats didn't get lucky winning in Denver. The Pats out played and dominated Denver in their house. Pray for your Tebow.
    Posted by darwk

LUCKY is what Denver had today.  They blew a 10 point lead and won with a play out of no where, burning the Steelers D with a play they should have done countless times throughout the game.  Denver had nothing to lose at that point in the OT when they went for that play.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Perfect result for the Pats.  They are an organization iniquely suited to be ready for Cinderella.

BB doesn't get upset by teams like Denver.

Pats by 16 next week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't think it'll be a blowout, but Pats win. I call 27-13--or so......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Posted by TD_Jesus

LOL, seems to me, The Broncos have a lot of bad days.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

Denver took advantage of Pittsburgs over-aggressive D today.  I mean, how many times did the steelers have 10+ people within 10 yard of the LOS.  (Most glaringly on the final TD, but they were doing it all night.)  BB's D will never play that way.  As always, they will sit back and try to force Tebow into mistakes.  And I like our offense to put up significantly more points than the steelers were able to muster.  Any given Sunday and what not, but the Pats should win this one easy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : So you're saying Tebow is better than Mancheese?  Don't think so.

Nope...  it is called not counting the chickens before they hatch and we are bound to see a lot of that in the coming week with Denver coming into town versus the Steelers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

LUCKY is what Denver had today.  They blew a 10 point lead and won with a play out of no where, burning the Steelers D with a play they should have done countelss times throughout the game.
    Posted by agcsbill

Agree! Broncos almost beat themselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Denver took advantage of Pittsburgs over-aggressive D today.  I mean, how many times did the steelers have 10+ people within 10 yard of the LOS.  (Most glaringly on the final TD, but they were doing it all night.)  BB's D will never play that way.  As always, they will sit back and try to force Tebow into mistakes.  And I like our offense to put up significantly more points than the steelers were able to muster.  Any given Sunday and what not, but the Pats should win this one easy.
    Posted by batou

But...   Tebow is not that good of a QB to do that!  All game long the Steelers just about begged the Broncos to pass a lot.  Did you see how many times Tebow did not throw at obvious open receivers or missed them by a mile?  Brady would have had the Steelers lunch in one quarter if they played him that way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Not happy about the result....:
    I'm not going to lie, I was pulling hard for the Steelers today. I really think that from a matchup standpoint they were an easier 'out' for New England. Posted by vertigho

Not worried about the broncos, Patriots beat them on the road.

In the end we are playing a better team than the Stoolers, but not better than the Patriots

Sections
Shortcuts