Not happy about the result....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Not happy about the result....

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result....:
    Why didn't you attack the people who were immature with me FIRST? I don't star anything with anyone. It's becpme popular to attack me and mock me and some weak minded people, including trolls, posers and some who I've challenged, have attacked me. I have never seen you challenge the ones who attack me. Do that, and I don't have an issue. Attacking me because I don't knee jerk things is insane.  Go to the source. I don't attack fans I disagree with unless they act 12.   
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Look King, as I said, you bring a lot of good football knowledge to the board. I appreciate your thoughts.

With that said, when you're the common-denominator for the majority of the conflicts on this board, that speaks volumes. Look - my advice to you is to grow some thicker skin and learn to let stuff go. People will say stuff that you disagree with - that's going to happen. But you'd be significantly more respected if you beat the trolls, and those who disagree with you, via logic and a calm-tone, not with personal attacks.

Just some food for thought.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wish the Patriots had a good QB so they could out score the Broncos due to any mistakes the Patriots defense might make against the Broncos bigger, more physical receivers and the rifle, accurate passing arm that the HOF'er Tim Tebow has.

Oh well, maybe next year the Patriots will have a chance.... as long as they don't have to play the Broncos again.  I guess I have the pro bowl to look forward to watching some Pats players play in after next weekend.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Dude, I am sure you are a good person, but you have attacked me all year. You have hidden anger and then just explode and attack. I do not trust the refs and Pitt with him on a supposed one foot. I disagree with your opinion.   I would not want some faux gimp Roehtlisturd and the refs walking in here next week.  I question if he was even hurt as bad as they said.  He looked fantastic in the 2nd half.   I still say NE played a C game there and Pitt an A game and they aren't great, nor is Denver.   Denver does have Tebow who is a wildcard for them.  I just cannot see him doing this stuff in NE next week. Can't see it.  I am not sure it's a huge deal who we play. I really don't think it is. This is about attitude now. This is about how this team wants to play.  NE has to play how they can and they go to a SB. That simple. No turnovers, no dumb crap and light up the intensity.  I've said it before, will say it again:  I'll roll the dice with a hungry BB and Brady every day of the week.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

I agree.  As it was, Denver got jobbed several times in this game.  The fumble that wasn't.  The two face masks that were not called.  (Definitely more holding by Steelers O-line than Broncos O-line, but they were not making those calls, and in neither case was it anything like what happened with the Saints.)  It was not overt favoritism, like the Saints got Saturday, but I am very wary of the "breaks" the Steelers always seem to get.

Now maybe the refs will let the Broncos hold all game, like last time.  But contrary to what some people have posted on the first page, the Pats destroyed the Broncos, after a sluggish start. 

Consider that the Pats right now are much more formidable than the Steelers were today.  And the Pats are facing the Broncos for the second time.  And the Pats have Chung back.  And the Pats are riding an extended win streak.  And the Pats are playing at home.  And the Pats are playing at sea level.  And McCourty may be perfect at safety.

Watching the game tonight, I felt really good about the Pats' chances against either team. 

Again, I have a really good premonition about the Pats this year...provided the refs don't do to them what they did to the Lions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

I'm not happy about the result, either. The Steelers are our loyal opposition. Kinda sux that they lost in overtime rather than in reg.

Do we grant that Mr. Tim's passing is actually improving? or do we blame the Steelers D?  Until now I thought a rematch with Broncos was too good to hope for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Denver better for me because of the McDaniels angle. Not competitively but because it's more interesting with the background between tebow mcd and BB... Of course the pats will be heavily favored for good reason... (Although that in itself is a pitfall). But it's better than the Steelers for other reasons like Steelers SUCK, etc. And I admit it ... I LIKE TEBOW. People who read my threads know this I guess.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

As we learned from the Jets playoff game last year....just because you pounded a team a few weeks earlier doesn't mean squat once a new game begins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

The one play today today that the Steelers could not stop was the play action roll out to the left... Tebow looked down field or to the middle of the field for one one coverage with his receiver singled up..the play worked despite Timmy throwing lofty wobbly passes but the play worked for big yards..why should any of us be surprised by this the Pats typically torched the Steeler D in the playoffs through the air..I was not impressed with the Steelers offense..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

Get the score up quick, by at least 28, (since we can't count on 21 since '06's Troy Brown's reverse PI against us shot us dead and it was going to be 28 points in one half to three), and take the Refs out of the game.  That's the only way the Pats can win now.  Do I sound bitter?  I don't care, if they win I'd love to see the Pats players do a mock Jets celebration if they do win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

....and take the Refs out of the game.  That's the only way the Pats can win now.  ....
    Posted by Phillipston

that is important. refs will be crucial if the game is within two possessions in the last 10 mins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : I don't know. They really let Tebow go down field early and often today and our DB's are scary. We're going to see a completely different game plan this time around.
    Posted by TD_Jesus

Trolling in the name of the Lord is really really stupid.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Pats can put up 40 again. How about 49 like they did on bills. Go NE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Brady is NOT going to lose another playoff game at home this time. Just watch they will pull out the win

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Let see....Play an 8-8 team we destroyed on their home field or a 12-4 team that beat us? I'll take what we got, Denver and I expect to win by 4 TD's.
    Posted by tcal2-

I can not agree more! Whats wrong with you ppl?
    If we lose, we lose. But I will take playing Den over Pitt anytime!
    LOVE our chances. Go Pats...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Brady is NOT going to lose another playoff game at home this time. Just watch they will pull out the win
    Posted by WelkerRules

===================
    No worries.  Tom and McDaniels like to score lots of points. Like the good ole days.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : I really don't think that they caught Denver on a bad day. They played significantly better than Denver, and will have to replicate that performance again. They'll have to commit to the running game as they did the first time they played them, and also be willing to take some deep shots like they did the first time around.
    Posted by vertigho

2nd adn 3rd qtr especially
    but consider if we turned it over 4 times instead of them.
    take away turnovers and it is a close game.
    we need to get turnovers in all our playoff games to win (denver least so, but certainly to win easily)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

If Tebow can be accurate like he was today on the long balls like he was today then the Patriots offense better be prepared to score a lot of points. The pats defensive backfield is much worse then the Steelers. At least the Steelers DB's occasionally look back for the ball. It was turnovers that turned the first meeting around. Lets just hope the defense can get the turnovers again because they will probably need them.
    Posted by ccnsd

thanks for the sensible post ccnsd,
    watched the game closely, if not for the referees ESPECIALLY, the inane conservative playcalling at times of the denver coaches, and 3 dropped picks, denver would have blown pittsburgh out of mile high.

taek any one of the referees awful calls out and the game is not close.
    ie the lateral that gets blown dead and unreviewable. i swear goodell had an interest in who won the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Denver did beat Pittsburgh today. But no one outside a biased Denver fan thinks Denver is anywhere near as good a team as Pittsburgh. And that is on BOTH sides of the ball!!!! You don't know if Pittsburgh gets some bodies back next week or if BR is just that little bit healthier - he did start to dominate the game coming back and sending it into OT. No question in the minds of any reasonable person that Denver is the easier team to beat. That doesn't mean it is a given ... though I do think the Pats will win by at elast two TDs and maybe more ... but there is no way the Pats don't like today's outcome.
    Posted by portfolio1

it was my preferred outcome though denver was clearly better than pitt on this day

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : No Shanahan.  Shanahan specifically seems to have Belichick's number It's a great week to play McCourty at very high safety again to prevent those deep throws.  It seems Tebow throws deep more accurately than he throws shallow.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

excellent and accurate observation.
    he was perfect on secveral long thrrows ewxactly where they had to be adn while under pressure or rolling.

Sections
Shortcuts