Not happy about the result....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Not happy about the result....

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result....:
    In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : Forgive me for having an opinion, and forgive me for stating it. I'd think you'd know a thing or two about making a controversial statement(s). Only difference is that I don't lash out at others when they disagree. I fully expect us to beat Denver, but I personally feel like at this given time, Pittsburgh would have been a better matchup. Shoot me.
    Posted by vertigho

i totally support you for sharing your opinion especially because it may not be popular, (regardless of my agreement or disagreement).

no need for you and riding to be at odds. no need for riding to feel put down.
    only an individual can make themselves feel a specific feeling. even if someone else tries to make us feel a certain way (ie less than), they cannot accomplish this without us doing it for them.

so dont take offense, whether one is meant or not. either of you.

different opinions make us not robots and make the world more interesting.
    we may even learn something or broaden our perspective

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Dude, I am sure you are a good person, but you have attacked me all year. You have hidden anger and then just explode and attack. I do not trust the refs and Pitt with him on a supposed one foot. I disagree with your opinion.   I would not want some faux gimp Roehtlisturd and the refs walking in here next week.  I question if he was even hurt as bad as they said.  He looked fantastic in the 2nd half.   I still say NE played a C game there and Pitt an A game and they aren't great, nor is Denver.   Denver does have Tebow who is a wildcard for them.  I just cannot see him doing this stuff in NE next week. Can't see it.  I am not sure it's a huge deal who we play. I really don't think it is. This is about attitude now. This is about how this team wants to play.  NE has to play how they can and they go to a SB. That simple. No turnovers, no dumb crap and light up the intensity.  I've said it before, will say it again:  I'll roll the dice with a hungry BB and Brady every day of the week.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

re:"NE has to play how they can and they go to a SB. That simple.

No turnovers, no dumb crap and light up the intensity."

that is it in a nutshell.

if we make it to the sb, that is another story, we will need some big prayers and some turnovers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : Look King, as I said, you bring a lot of good football knowledge to the board. I appreciate your thoughts. With that said, when you're the common-denominator for the majority of the conflicts on this board, that speaks volumes. Look - my advice to you is to grow some thicker skin and learn to let stuff go. People will say stuff that you disagree with - that's going to happen. But you'd be significantly more respected if you beat the trolls, and those who disagree with you, via logic and a calm-tone, not with personal attacks. Just some food for thought.
    Posted by vertigho

or not beat anyone at all (or feel you have to).

just let our thoughts / and feelings, stand for themselves.
    they dont need defending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

As we learned from the Jets playoff game last year....just because you pounded a team a few weeks earlier doesn't mean squat once a new game begins.
    Posted by rochfan

pounde da team with the 4 turnovers they gave. reverse that scenario and its a different story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" There are a lot of Pats fans running scared right now."

LMAO. Yeah, quaking in my boots. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Denver better for me because of the McDaniels angle. Not competitively but because it's more interesting with the background between tebow mcd and BB... Of course the pats will be heavily favored for good reason... (Although that in itself is a pitfall). But it's better than the Steelers for other reasons like Steelers SUCK, etc. And I admit it ... I LIKE TEBOW. People who read my threads know this I guess.
    Posted by coolade2

this is an excellent matchup for a lot of reasons. where the broncos have come from at the beginning of the year is phenomenal.

one of the biggest things is tebow and brady are a lot alike. no not in passing ability.

courage, will, fire, leadership, determination, effort on and off the field, charisma. you dont have to admit it. somehow some may feel less than to give credit where credit is due. it is ok to see things as they are, and still be a fan of your/ our team.

if tebow were as good a passer as brady this would be an epic competition. even as it is, with what tebow brings, his team is good enough on any give day to beat about anyone. his team plays much better BECAUSE of his intangibles, like brady. both brady and tebow's teammates roar when each roar. they are champions and leaders, wiht or without trophies.

thankfully brady has much greater passing skills.
    if the defense shows up and we win the turnover battle, we should win this game.

appreiate it for what it is though.
    its a storybook season,
    and a storybook matchup in the playoffs.
    too bad it isnt for the afc championship.

it is very exciting if you can appreciate it for what it is.

(and i dont hate them like i do rapistburger and the steelers [our rivals for trophies who also choose to employ a serial rapist] AND baltimore who enjoy beating brady to shreds every dirty play they get).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tebow was just 10 for 21.  Yes, lots of yards on a few throws, but Pittsburgh was giving him the deep part of the field. Keep safeties back and use the DLs and LBs to contain Tebow and you can shut that offense down fine, just like we did in Denver.  I think Pittsburgh overplayed the LOS and paid for that on a few throws.  Still, Denver scored only 23 in regulation and the Pats can easily exceed that scoring pace.  

Personally, I think the Pats are very lucky to get Denver.  Not that Denver can't be dangerous--all the playoff teams can be--but Denver just isn't that good.  Their .500 record doesn't lie. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Glad the dirtiest team in the league is out... Harrison and pol'u were diving at knees all day. Harrison should be banned for at least five games next year...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I think pol'u just got greedy playing in the backfield all game. The safeties produced one fumble but they were burned over the top. They underestimated tebow. BB won't make that mistake . The pats " soft" defense keeps most plays in front of them which gives up the frustrating 10-15 yd chunks all too often. I have pined for a more aggressive approach all year but this game showed the risk. Tebow might throw the 40 yard bomb better than the 10 yard dump off to the backs... His delivery is over the top and he likes to go there. Of course this is the old simple strategy... Run run run run bomb run run bomb. Draw the defense up. Throw over top... Worked yesterday, but I'll take BB and Brady in this matchup .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: Not happy about the result....":
    In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : this is an excellent matchup for a lot of reasons. where the broncos have come from at the beginning of the year is phenomenal. one of the biggest things is tebow and brady are a lot alike. no not in passing ability. courage, will, fire, leadership, determination, effort on and off the field, charisma. you dont have to admit it. somehow some may feel less than to give credit where credit is due. it is ok to see things as they are, and still be a fan of your/ our team. if tebow were as good a passer as brady this would be an epic competition. even as it is, with what tebow brings, his team is good enough on any give day to beat about anyone. his team plays much better BECAUSE of his intangibles, like brady. both brady and tebow's teammates roar when each roar. they are champions and leaders, wiht or without trophies. thankfully brady has much greater passing skills. if the defense shows up and we win the turnover battle, we should win this game. appreiate it for what it is though. its a storybook season, and a storybook matchup in the playoffs. too bad it isnt for the afc championship. it is very exciting if you can appreciate it for what it is. (and i dont hate them like i do rapistburger and the steelers [our rivals for trophies who also choose to employ a serial rapist] AND baltimore who enjoy beating brady to shreds every dirty play they get). Posted by bredbru
    Good post and thanks for expanding on what I started to say about tebow. I just LOVE arguing with the ignorant haters and have to cringe listening to blowhards on ESPN radio like cowherd or van pelt who know nothing about the intangibles that you mention in your post and potential when you look at tebows raw football skills. His passing gets over criticized when it is improving (isn't that all you should ask of a QB starting his 12th game ?) and Simms was the first I think to give him credit for " a good throw away" which many of his ugly throws are due to receivers not getting separation. Agree that it's OK to appreciate players on opposing teams who play the game the right way as opposed to the Steelers injuring yet another player unnecessarily... really glad they are out I

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Just remember one thing about our beloved Pats, but it has been the offense who
    has failed us in the playoffs in the last 3 playoff losses to the Giants, Ravens and Jets. There is only one reason why we have a chance to win it all and that Brady has
    finally stopped glaring into the headlights like a paralized deer when they are behind
    like they have been even in the regular season since they changed to this totally inept offense since Moss and Welker got here.  I knew from the 2nd game of 07 it would not play well in the playoffs, and it has been terrible.

So now Brady can come from behind again which he hasn't since the SB era and shortly after.

So for any of you to come out and be so cocky to believe they are just gonna smother Denver easily could happen but none of really has any idea.  In the SB
    era we "knew" they could win, but none of us has any idea if we can beat the Broncos, and he burned the best D in football.

Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'll agree with the person who pointed out that the pats beat the broncos but lost to the steelers previously.  while that is no guarantee.  With the pats offense clicking on all cylinders, I expect them to win big.  

Remember, the steelers were really b-anged up, lost 2 defensive starters during the game and didn't play one of them due to a condition that exacerbates in high altitude. 

I just don't expect it to be a game.  Pats get off the losing snide in a big way next week.  

Congrats pats fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: Not happy about the result....":
    In Response to Re: Not happy about the result.... : What does a guy only watching tape have to do with it? " Though O’Brien will remain with the Patriots through the end of their season, ESPN reported yesterday that McDaniels will immediately begin working with  the New England staff. However,  the  league source believes  that will  mostly entail  watching film.  " Posted by Patsfansince1966
    Do you believe everything you read...? I don't... Especially annoyingly enlarged text.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good thread here.  I agree with most posters, just not the OP.  This is the best match up we could have asked for.  It's going to be a tough game, and no game in the playoffs is a freebie.  Denver will have their hands full and if they take care of the ball, they're going to be much tougher to beat. 

It'll be important that Brady and Co. take care of the ball, score early and often, and keep the pressure on the Broncos offense that way.

Pats should be favored to win, but you can't be shocked if they lose...after recent history and all, and watching last nights game between Cheatsburgh and Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I am happy the Broncos won.  I am one that believes the NFL scripts these games thru the refs.  There is no other reason for the irrational calls they make.  2 quick whistles for no reason at all this past weekend.  The one against the Lions on the backward pass would have put the Lions up by 2 scores and quieted the dome.  The one yesterday probably would have sealed the victory by the Broncos without the need for OT and CBS would have lost lots of viewers in the 3rd QTR.  I think the Pats stand a better chance of a fair game being called against the Broncos than the Steelers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Not happy about the result....:
    I'm not going to lie, I was pulling hard for the Steelers today. I really think that from a matchup standpoint they were an easier 'out' for New England. Just a few things that I noted: They have smaller, more finesse receivers compared to Denver's. Denver has bigger, more physical receivers, who tend to give the Pats' DB's fits. Denver also has a more unorthodox offense, one that I could see giving the young Patriots' defense some issues. Tebow, as of now, is a better QB than Roethlisberger, purely given their health. Tebow's improvising ability scares me, and the Patriots' pass-rush will have to be disciplined but also aggressive.  A number of other things, the Patriots always struggle against Denver, especially in the playoffs. Now I know that this game is in New England, and that does give me more confidence, but it's still something to note. Another thing to note is that we already beat Denver. It seems like the Pats have recently struggled against opponents that they beat earlier in the season. It was the case in 2009, when they beat the Ravens and then lost in the playoffs, and then in 2010, when they split with the Jets, and then lost in the playoffs to them. Overall, I'd much rather have faced Pitt than Denver, but it is what it is. Obviously the dominating win earlier in the season has to provide some confidence, and having McDaniels on our sideline, a guy familiar with Denver is also beneficial. I still have full confidence we'll win, but I wanted to get this off my chest.
    Posted by vertigho

with the number of key injuries for the steelers, yeah, they were prolly a better matchup for the patriots.

That being said, if the Patriots can score early (which they've had a hard time doing) AND contain the bronco running/option game....then I think we'll be ok. The other thing is that our secondary CANNOT give up big plays

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Either team presents a good challenge for the Pats for different reasons.

Pitt had a number of things working against them yesterday. Injuries, their age, conditioning, and last but not least, a defense that played way too aggressive for the team they were playing. You don't beat Tebow by sending the house and over commiting your safeties like the Steelers did. You beat Tebow by rushing 4/5, keeping him in the pocket, and closing down the rushing lanes.
    Let Timmy beat you through the air. He can't do it. Yes, he had 3 or 4 very nice passes yesterday, but overall, going 10 for 21 isn't going to be the Pats if we don't let him light us up for 40+ yard pass plays. McD in the abck should help with that.

Tebow and McGahee are gonig to get theirs. It's about containing it. The Pats first time around did a great job here. They didn't over commit like Pitt, and our ends (often held), didn't bite on every play action pass like the Steelers did. We kept Timmy in the pocket for the most part and he made some mistakes.

Say what you want about the Pats D, but this type of D actually is best suited to beat teams like Denver. Not overly aggressive, contain, opportunistic, wait for Timmy to beat himself. It actually is a perfect D matchup for us.

On O its quite simple. Spread Denver out and run at them like we did first time around. Denver is aggressive and they will over commit to trying to kill Brady. Let Dumervil and Miller rush up field, and kill them with the run. Denver can be gashed here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Go Pats!
    Posted by WesternOregon

I didn't know you were a Polish priest?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lost on many, and RWTK in his recent post finally mentioned some things, is the fact the Pats D will be in BETTER shape than when they played the Broncos the first time and that includes no Carter.  The Steelers gambled on stacking the line since Tebow has not shown the ability to pass to open receivers deep.  All game, seeing Palomalu running to the line begged the Steelers to get burned with passes in the 20+ yard range and they did!  Pats will not play that way and BB will have the D ready.  He is done "tweeking" that D to get it where he wants.  Only question mark... the O-line of the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

while it would be nice to get revenge on the steelers i'd much rather face denver. with pittsburgh you also face the refs. 
    the steelers are more physical and it would give the ravens an advantage the following week. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

The Patriots FORCED those Denver turnovers folks. No luck involved.

Great play by Anderson to shoot into the backfield and strip Tebow.

Smart play by Brace to poke the ball free from the running back earlier (forget who it was).

Patriots' offense marched up and down the field, completely uncontrolled by the Denver defense, for the last three quarters.

No worries about this one.

This was the dream matchup for NE coming out of WC weekend.

I think Tebow's good, and I think Denver will make plays, but this should be a 14+ point NE win, really.

How is the Denver defense, which just allowed 23 points, at home, to a one-legged QB, going to go on the road and hold Brady and Co. below 30 or 35?

Not happening.....and believe me, I'm not usually this optimistic. But this was the best possible matchup for NE.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

does it matter who you play....   i like seeing the teams i hate be removed from contention...  

all denvers yardage and scoring came on about 6 plays....   so there you go....  one of the pats main philosophys is dont let them get behind you...

and yes they needed a miracle to beat  1/2 the sqealers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

A wing and a prayer...

Sections
Shortcuts