Not mad a loosing Wes But...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Not mad a loosing Wes But...

Why did we sign Amendola when the slot position could be filled by Henry. We have many holes on D that we need to be filled, I think the Pats are waiting out to see what happens to the CB and OL market, but I think its time to make sure we get Talib and Vollmer. Dont let those two slip away, and with the money left over you can try to bring in veteran guys like Freeney, Harrison, Reed, Jammer, and a few other to fill the needs on the Pats.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Not mad a loosing Wes But...

yeah, but they need more help on defense than offense...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Not mad a loosing Wes But...

In response to maine12's comment:

Why did we sign Amendola when the slot position could be filled by Henry. We have many holes on D that we need to be filled, I think the Pats are waiting out to see what happens to the CB and OL market, but I think its time to make sure we get Talib and Vollmer. Dont let those two slip away, and with the money left over you can try to bring in veteran guys like Freeney, Harrison, Reed, Jammer, and a few other to fill the needs on the Pats.

By "Henry" I assume you meant "Hernandez"?  I've never fully bought into the theory that Hern is a slot receiver (or a perimeter receiver, which some also claim).  He's a receiving TE--bigger and a little less shifty than a typical slot receiver, too slow to be a true outside receiver.  Plus, the Pats have no non-TE receivers other than Lloyd on the roster.  If they pick up a true perimeter receiver or two in addition to Amendola, they will have a more diverse set of receiving options than they did last year, which they can mix up on different plays to create match-up problems.  Inside, you've got Gronk, Hern, and now Amendola, who all have slightly different skills that present different challenges to the defense.  Outside they have Lloyd and if they pick up one or two other decent outside guys, they'll have some diversity there too, which means better ability to find match-ups that work.  I know in most sets the Pats are going to have one back on the field, and therefore have only four positions for WRs/TEs.  But having the same four guys on the field all the time makes the offense less diverse.  Having five or six guys to rotate through those four positions creates more diversity and makes the offense harder to defend.  They've lacked that diversity recently and I believe it has hurt them in certain games. So Amendola makes sense to me, especially if they can pick up at least one more and preferably two more legit outside WRs. 

Sections
Shortcuts