Not Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Not Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, I hope it's not seroius.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Not Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweets are reporting that he was being taken to the locker room in a cart from the sidelines.  Not good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Call L. Tatupu quick - UGH, BIG BLOW - our D is bad, but wow, this will KILL the pats 4 sure without mayo...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

B. Spikes time to make the middle yours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Our D is doing what it did last year... play like crap for 98% of the time but make plays 2% of the time that bails them out. 

Mayo is solid, but he is not a playmaker. We can continue doing what we are doing the rest of the season - no problem. 

It is not like we are winning because of our D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mayo not a playmaker?!?!?!?  Do you watch him play?  No, he isn't a big hitter, but no one on the team flows to the ball better and makes the stop when you need it . . . 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Thank you for making my point for me... what you just described is a solid player, not a playmaker. 

Playmaker = interception, sack, turnover. 

This is not Mayo. Don't get me wrong, he is very good, I am a big fan, and we will miss him. But he is not in the top 5 of crucial players on this team (Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Wilfork). 

In Response to Re: Not Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Mayo not a playmaker?!?!?!?  Do you watch him play?  No, he isn't a big hitter, but no one on the team flows to the ball better and makes the stop when you need it . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Not Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Dang, I hope it's not seroius.
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]
    Prefer mustard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Will he be missed...heli YES!...Will it keep the Pats from winning games...NOPE!

They will have to play regardless of who is or is not on the field...they'll figure somethintg out....someone will have to step up...besides, really now, do you think it's REALLY goin' to matter the way the D has played so far...what are they averaging, almost 500 yards a game to the opponent?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't know toocool . . . that LB corp is pretty pathetic in general I think.  I really worry what they'll be like without the one true star-quality player.  Raiders aren't really much of a test.  When they go against better teams, the loss of Mayo is going to hurt big time.  He and Wilfork are the two best players on the defense. Losing one of those two is not good . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I disagree on the raiders not being a test, number one rushing O?

McFadden was held in check all game.

Losing Mayo will hurt us, badly. It looked serious and I'm praying it wasn't. He is one of the most consistent defenders on this team and losing him will hurt a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What they may of lost today is a very solid player that could and should be a playmaker if there was more of a supporting cast around him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree on the raiders not being a test, number one rushing O? McFadden was held in check all game. Losing Mayo will hurt us, badly. It looked serious and I'm praying it wasn't. He is one of the most consistent defenders on this team and losing him will hurt a lot.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Fair enough on the test of our rushing defense.  We did pretty well against the rush--and they do have a good rushing offense.  In fact, we looked a lot better than those vaunted Jets.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Greg A. Bedard 
    Belichick actually sounded optimistic about Mayo's injury. At least, that's how I took it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Let's hope . . . but BB isn't one to tip his hand when it comes to injuries.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]tomecurran   Tom E. Curran   Jerod Mayo's injury is not season-ending but he'll be gone for a while http://www.csnne.com/10/02/11/Mayos-injury-not-expected-to-be-season-e/landing_patriots.html?blockID=571060&feedID=3352&awid=5181266076575812952-932
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I hope this is correct.
    He is our most indispensible D player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Spikes has to step in and step up or it's time to draft another ILB. I think Spikes can be a force in the middle. He looked good at times today. Guyton will need to step up too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

toocool is right, Mayo is a solid leader and player who make tackles and give opportunities for other players to make plays but he isn't a play maker.

But on the reverse side play makers aren't always solid players (ie Dunlap, a play maker who gets sacks but you wouldn't rely on him to be a starter or be part of the run D).

You need a healthy mix of both. Playmakers who can make that 1 game changing play and solid leaders who make the tackles and prevent scoring for the other 95% of the defensive plays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't know, I think making a tackle is making a play.  But maybe I'm just old-fashioned.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Dan Roche 
    Jerod Mayo's MCL left knee injury expected to keep him out of the line-up for about a month  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Sounds similar to his 2009 knee injury. 

At least he'll come back eventually. Guyton and Fletcher will have to step up in the mean time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Our D is doing what it did last year... play like crap for 98% of the time but make plays 2% of the time that bails them out.  Mayo is solid, but he is not a playmaker. We can continue doing what we are doing the rest of the season - no problem.  It is not like we are winning because of our D.
    Posted by toocool9090[/QUOTE]

Typical fantasy football fan post. He leads the team in tackles. Whining about a lack of 'impact plays' just shows you don't know the real game at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds similar to his 2009 knee injury.  At least he'll come back eventually. Guyton and Fletcher will have to step up in the mean time.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

i really hope they step up, but guyton looks slow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]tomecurran   Tom E. Curran   Jerod Mayo's injury is not season-ending but he'll be gone for a while http://www.csnne.com/10/02/11/Mayos-injury-not-expected-to-be-season-e/landing_patriots.html?blockID=571060&feedID=3352&awid=5181266076575812952-932
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Good to know he'll be back