Not saying this would EVER happen, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Not saying this would EVER happen, but...

...seems like Belichick and Shanahan have a good rapport, since Shanny was allowed to come to Pats training camp and speak to BB's troops.

Soooooooo...if Shanny was willing to part with the headache that is Albert Haynesworth for the 4th rounder picked up in the Maroney trade, do you take the deal??? Or do you consider Haynesworth too much of a cancer/crybaby.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Not saying this would EVER happen, but...

Cancer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Not saying this would EVER happen, but...:
    [QUOTE]Cancer!
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Even for a 4th?

Interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

That would essentially be trading one guy who couldn't play for another guy who doesn't even want to play.

Haynesworth is useless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just say NO to players who don't want to play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't see this as being a possibility, even a remote one.  You have to look at the person and not the talent here.  He is not Patriot stuff in more ways than one.  If Shanahan can't get this clown motovated what makes you think that Belichick can?  What makes you think he wants to try?  It's not just about playing the NT position either.  The guy is unbalanced.  An amazing talent but let him be someone elses headache.  If he wasn't such a tease he'd be out of football. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]That would essentially be trading one guy who couldn't play for another guy who doesn't even want to play. Haynesworth is useless.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll buy that line of reasoning. But if before training camp had started, the press had circulated rumors of a Maroney for Haynesworth trade, I bet most of the posters in this forum would have been all for it. It was largely in the subsequent Shanahan-Haynesworth standoff that Albert completely destroyed his rep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Haynesworth would be the ideal defensive end in a 3-4 system. I'd make that trade in a second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Not saying this would EVER happen, but...:
    [QUOTE]......if Shanny was willing to part with the headache that is Albert Haynesworth for the 4th rounder picked up in the Maroney trade, do you take the deal??? Or do you consider Haynesworth too much of a cancer/crybaby.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

no, remember he doesn't want to play in the 3-4 Defense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Washington wants more than that i'd assume

Would you guys trade Brace and a 4th for him?

Brace can move right into the 3-4 NT, spot, likely to be some growing pains of course in the new organization for a 22-23 year old, but would he be much worse than the guy who is just going thru the motions, unhappy and being drawn circles around every other play by the tv commentators?

I think Brace was more Wilfork security anyhow, in case he didn't sign for the fair deal he did.

Would Haynsworth be a force on the edge at the 3-4? A 10+ sack guy here who'd let Wright (and a little of Pryor) shift back to being more backup DT's in the 4-3 we occasionally play?

Then next year when the younger Warren comes back strong and healthy the older one is a FA and expendable and we have a solid 3-4 under contract for awhile. Can use our 4 picks in the 1st two rounds on other needs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Forget about it....

Some folks already said it here in some of these posts...the guy is a pre-maddonna....who doesn't want to practice and has a BAD attitude!  He aint' coming here.  I think BB and co. already got rid of the problem ones from last yr and they won't bring one in at this point. 

IF he ends UP anywhere - it would be the Jets who just lost Jenkins for yr (or Tennessee which he seems to be on their radar to bring him back there)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Forget about it.... Some folks already said it here in some of these posts...the guy is a pre-maddonna....who doesn't want to practice and has a BAD attitude!  He aint' coming here.  I think BB and co. already got rid of the problem ones from last yr and they won't bring one in at this point.  IF he ends UP anywhere - it would be the Jets who just lost Jenkins for yr (or Tennessee which he seems to be on their radar to bring him back there)
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

Not trying to pick on you NOISE, but it is PRIMA DONNA.  Means first/primary girl.  From the opera, female lead, who sometimes had a high sense of self importance.  Pre Madonna would be Pat Benatar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Pre Madonna would be Pat Benatar ...

PRICELESS One www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7f3b85846f255359e67319eacb175ed1&plckUserId=7f3b85846f255359e67319eacb175ed1" target="_parent">Davedsone !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mike Wright pressured Carson Palmer well on sunday, ROn Brace is a work in progress, but when he blooms he'll be a good DE. 

I wouldn't trade Tom Brady's old cleets for Haynesworth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Washington wants more than that i'd assume Would you guys trade Brace and a 4th for him? Brace can move right into the 3-4 NT, spot, likely to be some growing pains of course in the new organization for a 22-23 year old, but would he be much worse than the guy who is just going thru the motions, unhappy and being drawn circles around every other play by the tv commentators? I think Brace was more Wilfork security anyhow, in case he didn't sign for the fair deal he did. Would Haynsworth be a force on the edge at the 3-4? A 10+ sack guy here who'd let Wright (and a little of Pryor) shift back to being more backup DT's in the 4-3 we occasionally play? Then next year when the younger Warren comes back strong and healthy the older one is a FA and expendable and we have a solid 3-4 under contract for awhile. Can use our 4 picks in the 1st two rounds on other needs.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

What other needs? 

ROn Brace can play DE and by mid-season he'll be the starting RE. 

That leaves RB, OLB, OT, OG. 

QB positon is good. 
    WRs are good. (I hope we sign Moss, mixed with Welker, Tate, Price and Edelman) 
    TEs are good.(Gronk and Aaron)
    DL, for the most part, is good. (Brace, Wilfork, Warren.)
    MLB is good. (Mayo, Spikes, Guyton)
    We have a LOLB in Cunningham
    CBs are good with Bodden returning. (Bodden, Butler, McCourty Island)
    Safeties are good. (Chung and Meriweather)

Not a lot of needs on the roster. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Albert is done as a football player......he got his money and now has started his retirement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Got to disagree with you 49.  Brace may turn out to be good but Let's not count our chickens yet, he's not good now, (he's OK, not a starter) and in between the time he becomes good (which may never happen) and next years draft the Pats have a need for 2 DE's. 

The Pats have a history of keeping a D-line with low first round talent (Seymour, Wilfork, Ty Warren, Ted Washington), something Brace and Wright are not.  Gerard Warren is playing is his 10th NFL season he is 32, and is not the future, he may only have a couple years left.  While Ty Warren is relatively young (turns 30 in FEB) he has missed 8 games in the last 2 years and is out all this year.  Having your two best starting DE's over 30 (and one making a habit of injury lately) and a question mark in Brace does not make me feel the DE position is set.  I would not be surprised if this years starting DE's (Warren, Wright) are not next years DE's.

On Haynesworth, I don't usually have any interest in these trouble maker types but I will admit that a Line that includes any combination of Wilfork and Haynesworth would likely be the best line in football and would wreak havoc on the NFL for years (If Haynesworth could not be a dirtbag and work hard). 

I don't think BB would dismiss this idea as easily as some others but the reason I doubt it happens is because the Redskins just won, and when you win everybody is happy.  Probably even Haynesworth and Shanahan are happy...this week.  Look at the Mcdaniels Marshall love/hate relationship that had them loving each other one week and wanting to fight each other the next when they lost. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

haynesworth is too risky: too much money + picks, and we don't even know if he wants to play.

now, there's a rumour that the jets might go after him, what do you think of that possibility?

Sections
Shortcuts