Not so fast on Emmanuel Sanders to New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Not so fast on Emmanuel Sanders to New England

Emmanuel Sanders AP

When we passed along the report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette saying Emmanuel Sanders had signed an offer sheet with the Patriots, we noted that there was no information about the terms of Sanders’ offer sheet, and that no other media outlets had confirmed the report.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, there’s a good reason for that: Sanders hasn’t actually signed an offer sheet with the Patriots.The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if they didn’t match the offer and allowed Sanders to go.

The Patriots have more cap space than the Steelers this season, so it wouldn’t be hard for New England to structure the contract in a way that makes for a big cap hit in 2013, which the Steelers would have a hard time matching. But if the Patriots add Sanders they’ll also lose their third-round draft pick. And they’ve already traded away their fourth-round pick for Aqib Talib, their fifth-round pick for Albert Haynesworth and their sixth-round pick for Chad Ochocinco.

Right now, the Patriots are still considering whether they want to give up a third-round pick for Sanders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Not so fast on Emmanuel Sanders to New England

I really think they should consider this in their decision to give up a third rounder for Sanders...how many receivers are the Patriots going to draft in the third round that will be successful? Come to think of it, how many players at any position are the Patriots going to draft in the third round, going to be successful?

I think this thought process should take Ernie Adams and Bill five seconds to conclude. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It probably hinges on a Mallett trade. If they get Phil Taylor that eliminates the need to draft a DT and they can use their first two picks on DBs or maybe OL (depending on what happens with Vollmer) and then they can sign Sanders. If they don't trade Mallett, they keep the pick.

Of course, I'm not Erika Leigh, so take it for what it's worth...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2013, 7:19 AM EDT

Emmanuel Sanders AP

When we passed along the report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette saying Emmanuel Sanders had signed an offer sheet with the Patriots, we noted that there was no information about the terms of Sanders’ offer sheet, and that no other media outlets had confirmed the report.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, there’s a good reason for that: Sanders hasn’t actually signed an offer sheet with the Patriots.The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if they didn’t match the offer and allowed Sanders to go.

The Patriots have more cap space than the Steelers this season, so it wouldn’t be hard for New England to structure the contract in a way that makes for a big cap hit in 2013, which the Steelers would have a hard time matching. But if the Patriots add Sanders they’ll also lose their third-round draft pick. And they’ve already traded away their fourth-round pick for Aqib Talib, their fifth-round pick for Albert Haynesworth and their sixth-round pick for Chad Ochocinco.

Right now, the Patriots are still considering whether they want to give up a third-round pick for Sanders.

considering, conshmidderig. if they diddnt actually make the offer, something else is up (something else is going on or in the works)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Think is also depends on what they decide with Lloyd  . .  . and we should know that decision by tonight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

why http://www.post-gazette.com published that he signed?

somethiing is fishy. he signed he didt sign. somehting is up.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

i would do it. the chances of a 3rd round WR coming in a and contributing immediately are slim to non. he is a young player on the rise and with 4.41 speed. NE could always trade back from #29 and aquire more mid round picks.

agreed, and the kid could be a pat for a long time, hes only like what, 26?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

word from bedard and curran is they are waiting for pitt to sign another player or two and make their ability to match even more difficult.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

The last time the Pats got a receiver after signing them from an offer sheet it worked out pretty well...Seems to me Sanders is a quick and fast kid that could probably play all the positions and has some good nfl film out there, and I think the best is yet to come for the kid (and I can't say that about Wallace)

Also, BB hasn't had great success in the third round especially with WR, so that is something to think about.

I wouldn't rule out drafting a WR as well, especially if they sign Talib, and maybe get Phil Taylor (?)

amendola, sanders, lloyd, rookie, jones, (branch?)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to artielang's comment:

word from bedard and curran is they are waiting for pitt to sign another player or two and make their ability to match even more difficult.

Makes sense.  BB is the master.   Jesus, he thinks of everything, doesn't he?

Yes he does!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Rusty don`t you think BB sold his soul? hahahahaha

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

How often does rotoworld update their site? Sanders to pats I the lead story

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Nevermind... they just removed it. Must have seen the above post. Haha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Not playing with the media types leaves him more time to actually sit down and think about important complex stuff, while filtering out all the noise. People say he's a jerk. I say he is focused.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I wonder if they could work out a deal with Pitt to trade Loyd for Sanders? Pitt must be short on WR right about now.

Sections
Shortcuts