Not sure what I think about the cuts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Not sure what I think about the cuts.

Pats are down to two TE - Im hoping crumpler is comming back and in shape.  Im also hoping the two TE we cut make it to our practice squad.  I was impressed with Yeatman.

Meriweather wasn't my favorite but who do the pats have now that is better? UGH

Ok with the Tate cut, sad to see him not live up to his potential.  Hope he doesn't break out next year with a full off-season to get better.  He was limited this year beacuse of the lockout.

Sad to see Morris and Moore get cut but understand.  Both are great guys and quality players.  Wish them luck. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: Not sure what I think about the cuts.

I like the team.  A little weak at the OL and tight end though.  I assume Crumpler will be back and that a OL player will be signed.  Maybe they will limp along until Cannon can be in after week 6.  Same as Mankins did last year.  Merriweather was not working.  Time for him to be gone.  I dont think this is the final 53. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Never question Hoodie's cuts. Question his acquisitions all you like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i dont see why everyone is shocked at the TE cuts, Name one team that carries 2 tight ends as good as gronk and hernandez. 

You think they would waste a third roster spoint on another TE? I doubt it I know bill doesnt draft for need, only the best available player but you have to consider taking a TE in the draft a wasted choice. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Bill We Trust. He'll get it or probably already has it sorted out by game day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Not sure what I think about the cuts.:
    [QUOTE]i dont see why everyone is shocked at the TE cuts, Name one team that carries 2 tight ends as good as gronk and hernandez.  You think they would waste a third roster spoint on another TE? I doubt it I know bill doesnt draft for need, only the best available player but you have to consider taking a TE in the draft a wasted choice. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Injury???  Then what???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'm glad Tate is gone. I don't see that we have anyone that would be an upgrade over Merriweather but I suppose they have guys who will at least be in position and play the system even if they don't have the same physical talent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How do you play a 3 TE set if you only have 2 on the team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You put a converted TE on the inside of the other 2 TE's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]You put a converted TE on the inside of the other 2 TE's.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Who do you like there, Maneri, Solder?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

MR, that what I was thinking. When you go with a 3 TE set, its usually for a running play.

BB has used a lineman in that situation before. Maneri and Solder are perfect fits for eligible TE.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not sure what I think about the cuts. : Who do you like there, Maneri, Solder?
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

BTW.....I like this team.

I especially like all the DE/DT we kept on the roster.

An upgrade over Wendell @RG is what is left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]MR, that what I was thinking. When you go with a 3 TE set, its usually for a running play. BB has used a lineman in that situation before. Maneri and Solder are perfect fits for eligible TE.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Maneri catching passes could be really sneaky.  I wonder if he has
    hands like Vrabel!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not sure what I think about the cuts. : Maneri catching passes could be really sneaky.  I wonder if he has hands like Vrabel!
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE] Maneri played TE in College and Solder did play his freshman year as a TE. So either one of them would be able too handle the job of 3rd TE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i hope they sign waters, that would help out the OL alot in my opinion..a little surprised to see tate go, but the new kickoff rule didnt help him in making the roster as kickoffs are his specialty...meriweather was also a little bit surprising, but i do think the pats will sign someone else to replace him. i was saddened to hear that morris was cut, he was a very productive back with the pats, and a true professional, i wish him luck in whatever he does from now on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]i dont see why everyone is shocked at the TE cuts, Name one team that carries 2 tight ends as good as gronk and hernandez.  You think they would waste a third roster spoint on another TE? I doubt it I know bill doesnt draft for need, only the best available player but you have to consider taking a TE in the draft a wasted choice. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Gronk and Hernandez play different roles at TE, they carried 3 last season.  If one gets hurt it won't be good.  My thoughts are Alge coming back or if one makes the practice squad can't he be brought back if a Gronk or Hernandez get injured?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not sure what I think about the cuts. : Gronk and Hernandez play different roles at TE, they carried 3 last season.  If one gets hurt it won't be good.  My thoughts are Alge coming back or if one makes the practice squad can't he be brought back if a Gronk or Hernandez get injured?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I believe so, hopefully Yeatman and Smith end up on PS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

hey chas,
    re:
    "but you have to consider taking a TE in the draft a wasted choice. "

tell that to the coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]BTW.....I like this team. I especially like all the DE/DT we kept on the roster. An upgrade over Wendell @RG is what is left.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

re:
    "I especially like all the DE/DT we kept on the roster."
    me too!

"An upgrade over Wendell @RG is what is left."

we could use 2 g/c and we definitely need help in the defensive backfield

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

if anybody was buliish on yeatman it was solely because they thought the coaching staff liked him- this guy will for sure end up on the practice squad- and you know what- not only is that just fine- it plain doesnt matter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

OL, LB, S. special teams......still need some work

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]OL, LB, S. special teams......still need some work
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

if there is someone who can be an upgrade at wr i'd be open to that too.