Note the Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Note the Media

In Response to Re: Note the Media:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Note the Media : You just made me overwhelmingly happy & grateful enough with your first sentence, so don't be too hard on yourself with the latter sentiments you just expressed, o.k.? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I am always pleased to bring happiness to others, as long as I have not sinned or otherwise perpetrated evil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Just because he's paranoid doesn't mean that everyone is not phat rex
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just for the record I have heard many sports media personalities commend the Commish for the punishment he delt out.  Also heard many of them say how much this bounty program was much worse then spygate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Ok, had my first cup of joe. I always look forward to the forum.

I gagged after reading this thread. Look, I do'nt give a crap what you people think of the OP, or me. This post had a legitimate makings of good commentary, pro or con.

What do I see? Nothing but a Pi$$ing contest about a Mispelled word. Then Rusty says nothing, even when after he TRIES again to re-coop the thread with another legit comment the contest begins again.

When is this crap going to end? Please give a new Post at least a chance to mature by itself.

There IS a difference between name calling and answering a post. I'm not into name calling myself but AT least some here do duly answer a post first with an opinion and after insert a name or two for sugar or spice. I find that amusing and at times hilarious. No big deal in that case, CYBERSPACE remember? Nothing personal!

Have a great day...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Without getting to the back and forth banter about typos and other stuff, I do agree with what was said. The media was relentless going after The Pats and some of the commentators even said that their Superbowl Wins were tarnished and they deserve an **** next to their wins. To me this doesn't compare, trying to injure a player is a crime. What would have happened if this bounty program ended the career of an Aaron Rodgers or any other high profile player? It is way worse than " Spygate" someone please tell me why their is always a gate at the end of any investigation, it's really annoying!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, had my first cup of joe. I always look forward to the forum. I gagged after reading this thread. Look, I do'nt give a crap what you people think of the OP, or me. This post had a legitimate makings of good commentary, pro or con. What do I see? Nothing but a Pi$$ing contest about a Mispelled word. Then Rusty says nothing, even when after he TRIES again to re-coop the thread with another legit comment the contest begins again. When is this crap going to end? Please give a new Post at least a chance to mature by itself. There IS a difference between name calling and answering a post. I'm not into name calling myself but AT least some here do duly answer a post first with an opinion and after insert a name or two for sugar or spice. I find that amusing and at times hilarious. No big deal in that case, CYBERSPACE remember? Nothing personal! Have a great day...
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

If people just stepped forward and reported the trolls, the very obvious repeat violators who continue to ruin/spam the board, then it would clean up the board a bit.

Babe and all his little Giants and Jets troll followers not being here would make the board far more seamless. Just terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

This Bounty-gate fallout will be interesting to watch and may hurt the NFL, owners more than they think.

Literally hundreds of players are potential Lawsuit plaintiffs supported by the penalties issued by the NFL and the players union will back them up. A class Action could be possible. All you need is one or two Case Law judgements and the Courts will adjudicate accordingly. Some player(s) who has blown his fortune may welcome it and blame his sickness years later on the league.

I suspect there are agreements in the signed contracts to handle/settle injuries. Injured Players settled with the Club and most are not publicized and nobody gave it a second thought. Darryl Stingly being one unfortunate case.

Dunno, but I can only guess that the recent changes the past 2 years by the NFL in quantifying hits with stern fines only supports the premise that this 'ORGANIZED' Bounty stuff has been going on for a long time and the League knew it and tried to stop it. This brought out the 'sissy-fied' comments. Now it all becomes clearer to me.

'I think' the NFL was hinting to the whole league all along to cut the crap, or else. The damage is really to the game itself and the way its always been played and thats the sad part.

The Spygate nonesense will always live on with the media because you must NOT CHEAT! AS opposed to Bounty-gate which will eventually villify the Saints

because everyone did it!... Where is Conrad Dobler when we needed him?

have a good day...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Bassfisting:
    Would you rather defenders dry hump the receivers? This is the dumbest post I have read yet today.....its not a conspiracy...its Godell pufing his chest and making a point.....half the teams in the league had some type of unofficial bounty system...where the heck have you been living, under a rock?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Slickdildo,

Are you dumb too? I am talking about media coverage, not the bounty system.

ESPN was interviewing the mayor of New Orleans and pushing this victim mentality, where New Orleans yet again has been hammered tying it to the community after Katrina.

The media was not in Boston interviewing Menino, showing the public "Save BB" t-shirts, and ushing this victim mentality angle with NE and the Pats. The topic of the thread is not about what the Saints were doing, but how the media is framing this on the heels of Goodell's ruling.

It's night and day. The entire thing.  The media spent 8 months after NE's punishment drumming up false claims, leaving out facts for the public to learn about the rules of in-gage scouting, etc, and Goodell handled it horrendously.

Please get to a local college.  Your response to me proves you don't even have a clue what the thread topic is about. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I have to admit I really can't get in too much of a lather over all this "Bountygate" nonsense.

Living in Minnesota, all I hear about is how the Saints "cheated" in the NFC Championship Game a couple years ago and it wasn't "fair" to poor Brett Favre and the rest of that team of p*ssies.

Look . . .  I don't really care who does or doesn't offer extra incentives to their players to get a little more ferocity out of them. I've said this before, but if you need to offer a millionaire the equivalent of a bag of Skittles and a Pepsi to get him to hit hard, you may as well go ahead and cut that guy, because he's got the wrong attitude. I want my defense out there trying to take guys out of the game. That's the object as far as I'm concerned. If they get a little overzealous, well . . .  that's what the officials are for, isn't it?

Bounties or no bounties, this notion that NFL players are not out there trying to hurt each other is boolsheet of the purest ray serene. It makes me laugh when I see the same guys who used to cream all over themsleves during the "Jacked Up" segment on ESPN now proclaiming, in utter perplexed shock, that "intent to injure" has no place in the game.

Please.

This thing has been blown out of proportion even more than "Spygate" and Payton, et al, are simply having to serve as the same kind of example as Belichick did because some @ssclown let the cat out of the bag and forced the commisioner to do something about a practice that is as common around the league as grabss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

lmao @ get to a local college...oh man, let me guess, you are one of those people at a party who talks and talks and talks...and by about 11PM...you find yourself alone because people get tired of the same old war stories about how you once scored a touchdown in peewee?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

No, actually that's not me. I am a secure individual that doesn't really care what people think about my opinions. 

Enjoy the embarrassment of lasing out and then looking dumb because you missed the point of this thread's premise.

I'd suggest, NOT lashing out to avoid looking dumb in the future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Note the Media : Thank you. If people just stepped forward and reported the trolls, the very obvious repeat violators who continue to ruin/spam the board, then it would clean up the board a bit. Babe and all his little Giants and Jets troll followers not being here would make the board far more seamless. Just terrible.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    You can't really believe that. Somehow even the Pats fan would be alienated for simply not being agreeable with your everyday protracted rants. The serve and return battles are very good read. Reminds me of how good my life really is and knowing how hackneyed and banal topics that linger for monthts never lose the true meaning of good conversation. Fight on. This is becoming the octagon cage of the Globe. Egos and feelings are the only things bruised. I'll sit back and watch verbal action from my cyber ringside seat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Sounds great. Another stellar contribution to a thread from you.  Are you related to Vertigo?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Slickdildo, Are you dumb too? I am talking about media coverage, not the bounty system. ESPN was interviewing the mayor of New Orleans and pushing this victim mentality, where New Orleans yet again has been hammered tying it to the community after Katrina. The media was not in Boston interviewing Menino, showing the public "Save BB" t-shirts, and ushing this victim mentality angle with NE and the Pats. The topic of the thread is not about what the Saints were doing, but how the media is framing this on the heels of Goodell's ruling. It's night and day. The entire thing.  The media spent 8 months after NE's punishment drumming up false claims, leaving out facts for the public to learn about the rules of in-gage scouting, etc, and Goodell handled it horrendously. Please get to a local college.  Your response to me proves you don't even have a clue what the thread topic is about. 
    You DON"T need a college education to have insight or to see that as severe as the bounty issue has been, Spygate received more publicity at the time because the public's perception of BB was that he was (is) smug and arrogant and stuck is finger at the NFL. They transgressed, got caught and had to pay. The Saints are far from over with what they'll be facing. Challenging the League or Goodell is moronic and whatever levied against those that do, they will pay retribution. No clemency. The axe has to come down. Just whose neck(s) will it be dropping on this time. If teams could just learn to play by the freaking rules. 'They just don't listen'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds great. Another stellar contribution to a thread from you.  Are you related to Vertigo?
    How many TDs did you score in peewee? Who's Vertigo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I think the reason behind this is that the Patriots won 3 SBs, so the media likes to make it look like that's a big reason as to why they won (at the time at least). With the bounties, people don't think that is the reason the Saints won their super bowl. It is annoying, I agree.

Sections
Shortcuts