Now 3 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

BB likes guys like this so that's a big plus in his favor. He's quick to the ball and willing to hit anyone. He'd make a great special teams addition and if he looks good enough to be brought in as a backup safety in emergencies he's got a shot at making the roster. He's a lock for a place on the practice squad but if he goes there he's likely to get snapped up by somebody who needs safety backup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    I think we all know the reality here. We would all love to see the kid make the team but he really has very little shot. Think about it logically, we weaken ourselves if he is on the roster. He is not taking Sergio Browns place, Gregory took that spot.  Not taking Ihedigbo's spot Tavon Wilson takes that. Unless we cut one of our core ST'ers I just cant see him making the roster. Having said that, I like the kid and would loooove to see him on the team.
    Posted by Quagmire3

But you are also forgetting a couple of things:

1) He just has to beat out Cole and White for a ST spot not beat out a DB for a spot
    2) Allen looks like he might make a spot and he's a flex player. We carried 6 CB's last year so if Allen is a flex it allows you to carry 5 CB's, 3 S's, and Allen as a flex FS/CB which frees up 1 extra spot for a DB

There's room if he shows potential and can perform on ST's

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Why not, you've probably pleased yourself in other ways

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Please for the love of god BB, Cut brown and barret and keep ebner. Those two guys are as useless as t!ts on a bull.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Star performer. Safety Nate Ebner. The sixth-round draft choice is getting more quality defensive reps and showing up in a positive way. He had a pass-breakup that displayed his solid athleticism (he broke very quickly to the ball) and also nicely defended a reverse. He moves well back there
    From Reis

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He's had a great camp. Being as raw as he is he will improve a lot. This kid could be a player and another great find on the part of Belichick. He's got the perfect mind set for special teams too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots are going to have some really tough cuts. Ebner may clear waivers and end up on the practice squad if he doesn't just make the team outright . IMO Dennard would be picked up quickly if they were to try to place him on the practice squad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

He'll make the club as the 4th safety . . . Special Teams skills are too good not to and he can play that LB-Safety position on 3rd and long plays.  Chung and Gregory will be the starters . . . Wilson, Ihedigbo, Brown and Barret fight for the 3rd spot . . . Wilson may end up on IR this year as I'm not sure they'd keep 2 rookies as backup safeties the way Chung goes down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

"2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner"

So I think its safe to assume that Brady is the QB.
    Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to "Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team":
    He'll make the club as the 4th safety . . . Special Teams skills are too good not to and he can play that LB-Safety position on 3rd and long plays.  Chung and Gregory will be the starters . . . Wilson, Ihedigbo, Brown and Barret fight for the 3rd spot . . . Wilson may end up on IR this year as I'm not sure they'd keep 2 rookies as backup safeties the way Chung goes down. Posted by tenace4life
    That's a good point, he's definitely impressed. I didn't know that Wilson's injury was that bad. Hope not, he seemed to be having a good camp too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i belive wilson's injury was ankle.

hart now calls ebner a lock after another days practice at safety.
    says hes as good as teh other emergency backups with more upside

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

He's still a project......but still like the underdog story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I think it was Beddard who just wrote that it would be a surprise if Ebner DOESN'T make the 53 man roster after the camp he has had. Looks to me like there is potential for a few cinderella-stories out of camp this year: Ebner, Bolden, maybe Francis.

Reiss wrote that in his (laymans') view, the Wilson injury didn't look too bad. On the other hand he wrote the same about Gaffneys' injury, and so far he has been out a couple of days, so who knows?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    I think it was Beddard who just wrote that it would be a surprise if Ebner DOESN'T make the 53 man roster after the camp he has had. Looks to me like there is potential for a few cinderella-stories out of camp this year: Ebner, Bolden, maybe Francis. Reiss wrote that in his (laymans') view, the Wilson injury didn't look too bad. On the other hand he wrote the same about Gaffneys' injury, and so far he has been out a couple of days, so who knows?
    Posted by DanishPastry

i didnt see beddard's comments, but i reported several who commented about him making it a day or so ago, and then the new comment "lock" by hart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think it was Beddard who just wrote that it would be a surprise if Ebner DOESN'T make the 53 man roster after the camp he has had. Looks to me like there is potential for a few cinderella-stories out of camp this year: Ebner, Bolden, maybe Francis. Reiss wrote that in his (laymans') view, the Wilson injury didn't look too bad. On the other hand he wrote the same about Gaffneys' injury, and so far he has been out a couple of days, so who knows?
    Posted by DanishPastry

good stuff

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ebner again almost 3 picks in practive.

Nate Ebner had an interception for the third straight day, hauling a pass from Brian Hoyer that tipped off the hands of Jesse “Holleywood” Holley. A few plays later Ebner continued to be in the right place, at the right time when he corralled a Ryan Mallett pass that went off the hands of tight end Alex Silvestro. He just missed out on a third interception later in the workout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

ebner again almost 3 picks in practive. – Nate Ebner had an interception for the third straight day, hauling a pass from Brian Hoyer that tipped off the hands of Jesse “Holleywood” Holley. A few plays later Ebner continued to be in the right place, at the right time when he corralled a Ryan Mallett pass that went off the hands of tight end Alex Silvestro. He just missed out on a third interception later in the workout.
    Posted by bredbru

Awesome. I don't know why, but when they drafted him it intrigued me. I think it had to do with the fact that a guy who was barely rated caught the eye of Belichick...kind of like an untapped potential type of thing. I've got say I didn't feel the same way when they took Wilson in the second however...I hope they both work out. Lord knows the safety position cannot be any worse than it was last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Now 3 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

It's going to be a lot of fun watching him finally get unleashed in the upcoming preseason games.  Here's hoping his solid practices of late can translate over to going full throttle against other teams in games. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team : Awesome. I don't know why, but when they drafted him it intrigued me. I think it had to do with the fact that a guy who was barely rated caught the eye of Belichick...kind of like an untapped potential type of thing.
    Posted by mthurl

Mike Vrabel is coaching at Ohio State. It appears Vrabel was the one who recognized the potentials of Ebner and recommended him to BB. In Vrabel and BB we trust.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team : Mike Vrabel is coaching at Ohio State. It appears Vrabel was the one who recognized the potentials of Ebner and recommended him to BB. In Vrabel and BB we trust.
    Posted by nomadfan

That's good info,,, I think that Vrabel is going to be a very good coach one day. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team : Awesome. I don't know why, but when they drafted him it intrigued me. I think it had to do with the fact that a guy who was barely rated caught the eye of Belichick...kind of like an untapped potential type of thing. I've got say I didn't feel the same way when they took Wilson in the second however...I hope they both work out. Lord knows the safety position cannot be any worse than it was last year.
    Posted by mthurl

The thing that stuck out to me was the kid was a walk on to Ohio with no American football experience. That says something right there

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Now 3 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

I'd take a bowl of Green Jello over Ihedigbo.  This kid has talent and is SMART.  I'll take that over some of the dumbasses we had back there in resent years.

Sections
Shortcuts