Now 3 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Now 3 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

does this guy think he has a shot at teh 53 man roster?
    still a long shot, but....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

Would like to see him make it.  His youtube vids are cool!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team

In Response to 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    does this guy think he has a shot at teh 53 man roster? still a long shot, but....
    Posted by bredbru

Im glad you posted this, would love to know more in how he is doing.

If anyone has more information about Warhammer's playing thus far, please post.

I hope this kid makes the team....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

and some didn't think he'd make the PS. I see a lot of potential in this kid. Doubt he'll play significant time on D this year but give the kid a couple of years and I think he could compete for starting time. I mean this kid was a walk on at Ohio with no American Football experience. That's almost unheard of 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Fan favorite in the making right here. One thing you can bet on is a kid that will work his a55 off every day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Who does he replace on the 53 if he makes it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    Who does he replace on the 53 if he makes it?
    Posted by pezz4pats

===========================

sergio brown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

After watching his Rugby youtubes I was sold on his skills to go to the ball. Just a matter of impressing those who are in charge.I have an updated as of 8/17,the special teams may not be the only position that Ebner as he is now the leader of interceptions against the Patriots in camp as he hauled in another 2 today. He's turning into a ball hawk! Also say hello to his new friend on ST's Jeff Demps,as Mohammad Ali used to say you can't hit what you can't see: His nickname will be the blur...because that's all anyone will see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Is he still on the roster?  LOl, haven't heard a thing about him

n Response

to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team : =========================== sergio brown
    Posted by expertmike

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's a physical specimen who's not shy of throwing his body around, with a controlled level of force and smarts.  Real ball hawk and hard hitter, the kind of guy you can really get behind and root for.  All he needs is more football smarts, but he needs to be kept around for that to happen.  I for one am hoping it does. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't see why he couldn't make it. What's the safety depth look like- Chung, Gregory, (huge drop off) Ihedigbo?, Random guy that should work at Mcdonalds, Barrett, Ebner?, Brown? Not the deepest roster there. Better than last year when they were pulling guys out of the stands and off the streets to start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team":
    Fan favorite in the making right here. One thing you can bet on is a kid that will work his a55 off every day. Posted by CaptainZdeno33
    Yeah man, how can you not like this Ebner!! Tough hard nose kid, working for a spot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Mike Reiss tweeted in response to an Ebner Inquiry that he thinks he's a stand-out ST ace  and thinks he's going to make the roster .

Chances good to see Nate Ebner having a role on this team? Love his drive and work ethic.

Jimmy, I like him to make it as a core special teamer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

what you all said above...X2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team:
    I don't see why he couldn't make it. What's the safety depth look like- Chung, Gregory, (huge drop off) Ihedigbo?, Random guy that should work at Mcdonalds, Barrett, Ebner?, Brown? Not the deepest roster there. Better than last year when they were pulling guys out of the stands and off the streets to start.
    Posted by shenanigan

shen,

"
    I don't see why he couldn't make it. What's the safety depth look like- Chung, Gregory, (huge drop off) Ihedigbo?, Random guy that should work at Mcdonalds, Barrett, Ebner?, Brown? Not the deepest roster there. "

laughing my butt offfff!.....

"Better than last year when they were pulling guys out of the stands and off the streets to start."

so true.....

add football knowledge, proper technique (if we have anyone in the organization who can teach that), and experience to learn the necessary muscle memory.

it's totally possible. 
    elite natural ability can win out given a chance.

thanks for the post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Mike Reiss tweeted in response to an Ebner Inquiry that he thinks he's a stand-out ST ace  and thinks he's going to make the roster . Jimmy Picard ‏ @ jimmypic11    Chances good to see Nate Ebner having a role on this team? Love his drive and work ethic. Mike Reiss ‏ Jimmy, I like him to make it as a core special teamer.  
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

thanks for updatge captn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

and some didn't think he'd make the PS. I see a lot of potential in this kid. Doubt he'll play significant time on D this year but give the kid a couple of years and I think he could compete for starting time. I mean this kid was a walk on at Ohio with no American Football experience. That's almost unheard of 
    Posted by PatsEng

i too hav seen it this way all along

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Posted by shenanigan

Didn't they draft some guy in the second round? Wilson, I believe the name was. So far I think he's right after Chung and Gregory on the depth chart. Or is Wilson the "random guy who should be working at McD"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I think we all know the reality here. We would all love to see the kid make the team but he really has very little shot. Think about it logically, we weaken ourselves if he is on the roster. He is not taking Sergio Browns place, Gregory took that spot.  Not taking Ihedigbo's spot Tavon Wilson takes that. Unless we cut one of our core ST'ers I just cant see him making the roster. Having said that, I like the kid and would loooove to see him on the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'm not saying the team is loaded at safety, but Chung, Gregory, Wilson are locks, and that looks good to me. 

How many safeties was on the Week 1 roster last year, 3 or 4? Chung, Ihedigbo, Brown, Barret? So maybe there is one roster spot for which there is actual competition right now. Is Ebner going to come out on top? I don't know, but the last I heard was that Ihedigbo plays on all 4 units in ST's, so Ebner really has to beat him out there and can he do that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team : Didn't they draft some guy in the second round? Wilson, I believe the name was. So far I think he's right after Chung and Gregory on the depth chart. Or is Wilson the "random guy who should be working at McD"?
    Posted by DanishPastry

wilson looks to me to stick they like his versatility and seems to hold his own when in there, wherever they put him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I'm not saying the team is loaded at safety, but Chung, Gregory, Wilson are locks, and that looks good to me.  How many safeties was on the Week 1 roster last year, 3 or 4? Chung, Ihedigbo, Brown, Barret? So maybe there is one roster spot for which there is actual competition right now. Is Ebner going to come out on top? I don't know, but the last I heard was that Ihedigbo plays on all 4 units in ST's, so Ebner really has to beat him out there and can he do that?
    Posted by DanishPastry

parillo thought hed make it all along
    hart and hirsch now beleive he makes it
    i think the odds were and are against him, but if he keeps rising, he will make it hard to put him on the ps.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well it depends a bit on how many safeties they keep, but that's not the end all in this either. If they see some serious upside, they'll keep him because he is already showing he can play special teams from what I've read. It's not like Sergio Brown or Ihedigbo are roster locks - I've seen enough of these two to think they both easily could and probably will be cut. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If he doesn't earn a real roster spot (a possibility if he's a good special teamer), he very well could replace Ventrone as the guy who moves on and off the practice squad as needed.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: 2 days in a row with an interceptions for nate ebner and hes practicing on the startling kickoff team":
    If he doesn't earn a real roster spot (a possibility if he's a good special teamer), he very well could replace Ventrone as the guy who moves on and off the practice squad as needed.   Posted by prolate0spheroid
    Yup, but of course he'd be in danger of being signed by another team (no one really wanted Ventrone). I guess the pats could try to slip him more money so he'd want to stay on the practice squad, rather than be signed to another team, but I'm not sure if he'd even have the choice...I want to say yeah, but if not then you know some teams would love to stick it to the pats because they have done this to other teams.

Sections
Shortcuts