Now in the what is he smoking category: "Belichick noted that he thought McCourty had a good game in Sunday's loss."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Now in the what is he smoking category: "Belichick noted that he thought McCourty had a good game in Sunday's loss."

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21234181/belichick-mccourty-having-good-season

Patriots coach Bill Belichick joined The Big Show on Monday, 

Asked about the big passing plays, Belichick replied, "The deep balls are obviously a problem. I think anyone who watched the game could see that."   

Belichick said that he isn't considering moving defensive back Devin McCourty from cornerback to safety. 

"Devin I think has really overall had a good year and has improved in a lot of areas," he said. "He hasn't really worked back there. … He's done a really good job of the things we've asked him to do. We've asked him to change some things and do some things differently and he's done a good job of that. I think he's coming along at corner, and that's where he's been."

Belichick noted that he thought McCourty had a good game in Sunday's loss. 

"I thought he did a real good job for us in all areas. … I thought he was on the receivers well," Belichick said. "Covered well, jammed them. I thought he did a real good job."

Asked if he feels McCourty has had a good season thus far, Belichick responded, "Overall, yeah." 

if this is what he thinks there is a chance we dont go to the playoffs, or if so, i wouldnt count on a win.

his evaluation of coaching (db coaches, off corrd.) performance seems to be the other half of teh equation that  may doom the year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Now in the what is he smoking category:

33 pass plays over 20 yards this year in 6 games...just throw it up in the air.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

from the net:

I heard that McCourty is to undergo emergency surgery during the bye week. He is being fitted with a rearview mirror so he doesn't have to turn around to see the ball coming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

" The Pats DB's?  Picture Sox outfielders chasing down fly balls by running to and only looking at the walls.  "

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Funny in his presser BB said nobody did well. Hmmm. Sounds like he is trying to deflect. After all, McCourty was another high round DB pick by BB.

Like I say, 13 of 17 first or second round picks used on D since 2007; and I doubt you could end up with much worse results if you took names and pinned them on a wall then threw darts blindfolded at 'em, and drafted whatever you hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yeah Babe, we all know the Pat's seconary stinks, but the front 7 is pretty good. Although it may be unpopular next year to draft/trade to get even more DB's, that could be the way to go to get some real cover guys that can prevent all these huge pass plays.

Can it be any clearer that the Pat's secondary is killing this team?!?!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Opposing  teams  are  going  to  game  plan  regularly  now to  attack  the  PATS  deep.  The  10  DB's  for  the  PATS  probably  couldn't  start  in  the  SEC.  I've  been  critical  of  BB's  GM  performance  for  years.  This  isn't  a  knee  jerk  response  to  a  disappointing  season.  If  the  D  doesn't  make  some  big  changes  and  turn  things  around, Kraft  needs  to  keep  all  options  on  the  table - instead  of  giving  Bill  a  free  pass.  TB, a  top  3  QB  of  all  time, probably  has  3  more  years  left.  I've  lost  patience  with  BB.  He's  existed  on  past  glory  long  enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

So are we wanting BB to throw his team under the bus and lose all of his players?  Should he tickle our ears and tell us everything we already know?  That our Defensive backs can't cover, we can't get to the QB, and we can't move the ball on Offense?  Look, I'm as dissapointed as anyone, but any (good) leader is going to take the blame for his "troops" and take care of any corrections or butt chewings internally.  We don't want him to become like the FORMER 2012 Red Sox Manager!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If our entire secondary played like DMC it would be average most of the time with a few fails here and there (see 4th quarter at Baltimore).  Our secondary is bad because DMC is by far the best player back there.  DMC is the least of our problems.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Seattle game wasn't on McCourty. He had ONE bad play, and it was very bad. Aside from that, though, they weren't throwing at him much.

Arrington came out looking the worst, followed closely by EVERY SINGLE SAFETY!

I didn't have much of a problem with Dennard or McCourty that game. Yes, the unit, as a whole, stunk. But if can watch the game again, go and look; McCourty was decent in pass converage, and very good in run support. He made a very nice tackle on a WR screen-type play where he drove Tate back, and onto his a s s.

HUBRIS! Use your eyes once in a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Talk about piling on... McCourty was fine this week. I was at the game and He was solid in run and pass coverage. Can't say the same for the rest of the secondary, as they were out of position all game.  Wilson was just heaving the ball and it was being caught, not sure how you can pin that all on DMC. The above poster is right, the Pats safety play was terrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think this proves it, the DBs are coached to "cover" like that and it's not a talent issue. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

McCourty actually did have a decent game. Not sure if I'd call it good but it was decent. The problem is fans only see the couple of big and which jersey number is on the screen. For a majority of the day we didn't see McCourty's number or hear his name meaning he did his job. On a couple of the plays he looked like he was beat badly they were actually plays setup with over the top help, but either Wilson or Ebner were not even close to where they were suppose to be and the WR was already behind McCourty covering the under route. Yes McCourty did make a couple of bone head plays and he still doesn't turn his head around (given the rest of the secondary I think this is a coaching issue) but overall he had the best game of all the secondary which to me was average to decent for the league. If we had real S's I think most of these preceived issues with McCourty would disappear and we'd hardly hear his name (which is a good thing)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

save for one bad play DMC was fine the hawks were picking on arrington   and dennard

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny in his presser BB said nobody did well. Hmmm. Sounds like he is trying to deflect. After all, McCourty was another high round DB pick by BB.

Like I say, 13 of 17 first or second round picks used on D since 2007; and I doubt you could end up with much worse results if you took names and pinned them on a wall then threw darts blindfolded at 'em, and drafted whatever you hit.

[/QUOTE]

"Funny in his presser BB said nobody did well. Hmmm. Sounds like he is trying to deflect. After all, McCourty was another high round DB pick by BB."

exaclty.

re draft yes hard indeed.

even if they have some talent, after a year they cant play a lick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just want to know how Pete Carrol is clowned all week for meing MR. Rah Rah and not a good coach but this same guy made the playoffs with a 7-9 team lead by safety Lawyer Milloy who was released 10 years prior because we were told he was done and actually beat a good playoff team and moved on to 2nd round and lost a close one while we went one and done that year.

This year everyone has us pegged to win the game and we get outplayed by Pete Carrols handpicked secondary that folied Mr.Brady while his rookie QB carved up B.B.s defense for 300 yards after only averaging 140 passing yards a GAME! and Pete was the one being laughed at by Felger all week and i just kept shaking my head. I actually think Pete is ok. I mean you have to give him SOME props for what he has done and what he just did in comparison to what the "genuis" is or has been doing the last 6 or 7 years with the best QB, just wasting years away fielding inferior secondary play and this carousel at CB thats been going on since Asante left. Bill is a dam CrackHead now if u ask me and I dare someone try to explain why we are having these discussions every other week the last few years without B.B. being held accountable and some asst. coaches being fired, I mean someone is FAILING. Since Rusty talked about rebuilding in 09, I have seen 2 other teams build a whole defens in the same time that has cracked the top ten. Its a joke at this point

[/QUOTE]

devastating critique and not a word unture. i leveld some of this a few years ago. You are right. there is no accountability. mr kraft is scared you  know what to even consider any oversigth of bb for fear he will run like parcels did. so we are stuck with whatver mr stubborn decides re weak coaches, cb picks, team building, etc, etc.

the personality gets in the way of the smart man (re bb).

if we had an organization of many smart men (upper mangement staff deciding things together, top coaches, etc ..... more than 1 kiing and his dynasty), would would not be this fallible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Opposing  teams  are  going  to  game  plan  regularly  now to  attack  the  PATS  deep.  The  10  DB's  for  the  PATS  probably  couldn't  start  in  the  SEC.  I've  been  critical  of  BB's  GM  performance  for  years.  This  isn't  a  knee  jerk  response  to  a  disappointing  season.  If  the  D  doesn't  make  some  big  changes  and  turn  things  around, Kraft  needs  to  keep  all  options  on  the  table - instead  of  giving  Bill  a  free  pass.  TB, a  top  3  QB  of  all  time, probably  has  3  more  years  left.  I've  lost  patience  with  BB.  He's  existed  on  past  glory  long  enough.

[/QUOTE]

nice to see a few others come out of the woodwork who can see when the emperor is not wearing any clothes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah Babe, we all know the Pat's seconary stinks, but the front 7 is pretty good. Although it may be unpopular next year to draft/trade to get even more DB's, that could be the way to go to get some real cover guys that can prevent all these huge pass plays.

Can it be any clearer that the Pat's secondary is killing this team?!?!!!

[/QUOTE]

dotn forgt to add the coaching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So are we wanting BB to throw his team under the bus and lose all of his players?  Should he tickle our ears and tell us everything we already know?  That our Defensive backs can't cover, we can't get to the QB, and we can't move the ball on Offense?  Look, I'm as dissapointed as anyone, but any (good) leader is going to take the blame for his "troops" and take care of any corrections or butt chewings internally.  We don't want him to become like the FORMER 2012 Red Sox Manager!!

[/QUOTE]

you have got to do something instead of throwing out the same players who are burned play after play. this is not a new phenomenon. bb didnt correct it in fa or the draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for weighing in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

from what i can see he is fine coming forward on balls and run support. going backward not so much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCourty actually did have a decent game. Not sure if I'd call it good but it was decent. The problem is fans only see the couple of big and which jersey number is on the screen. For a majority of the day we didn't see McCourty's number or hear his name meaning he did his job. On a couple of the plays he looked like he was beat badly they were actually plays setup with over the top help, but either Wilson or Ebner were not even close to where they were suppose to be and the WR was already behind McCourty covering the under route. Yes McCourty did make a couple of bone head plays and he still doesn't turn his head around (given the rest of the secondary I think this is a coaching issue) but overall he had the best game of all the secondary which to me was average to decent for the league. If we had real S's I think most of these preceived issues with McCourty would disappear and we'd hardly hear his name (which is a good thing)

[/QUOTE]

"(given the rest of the secondary I think this is a coaching issue) "

thanks for saying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I fully expect Belichick to open his next press conference with...listen fellas, what we really need is to face a quarterback that is blind and has no arms...if we do that we'll hold them to under twenty points. And also I'd like to see the NFL pass a gun law for players when they are ON the field, that way we can just give Chung an mp5. He can shoot anyone that goes in his zone and then maybe, just maybe he won't get burnt in coverage, but you never know.

Sections
Shortcuts