Now is the time for Ocho to Catch on FINALLY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Now is the time for Ocho to Catch on FINALLY!

I know we talk all season about what the heck is up with this dude not "getting it", but I think here in the next few weeks is his best shot. We all know that the next month will be games against either mediocre QBs or Second stringers (I assume Vick will be back next week tho). I DONT over-look any team, however I think that if there is a time in this season (with the Pats schedule) where they can put Chad in more, and let him get more time to sync with Tom....This next few weeks would be perfect. Let him get some field time and get on the same page as Tom, right when we have the chance to pull away in this division. Maybe he can get "HOTTT" right before playoffs...we shall see!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Now is the time for Ocho to Catch on FINALLY!

MAYBE...but I'd rather see Price get a ton of playing time...either way I'd be surprised to see Chad on this team next year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Branch is our #1 outside WR (Welker in the slot). If 85 could take a big step in this O he could surpass Branch. But assuming he does not that makes him a #3 option at WR. Add in TE Gronk and offensive "monster-man/roving player" Hernandez. Add to that the fact that as the season gets late the running game is likely to take on a little more of the O. That just does not leave a whole lot of passes available for #3 position.

So the point I want to make is that 2-3 catches a game with maybe a "big" game here or there of 4-5 catches is the best you might expect.

If 85 can be more consistent with 3 catches and a game here or there with 4-5 that will be a significant development. I am excluding late game trash time. I would expect that more of his catches, if he is being effective, will be either big gains or third down conversions.

If he can do this he will be a success. If you are hoping he is going to have the production he had in his prime I think that is unrealistic. More especially due to the reasons I gave at the top of this.

I do agree though. Now is the time for 85, or for Price, to become meaningful contributors to the O. 85 took some steps that way last week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The key word here is consistency. I am not putting too much on the Jets game. The first catch was a nice pattern by him (but stepping out of bounds was just a lack of field-awareness). The second catch was a total blown coverage by the Jets. After that (that second catch was with over four minutes left in the first quarter), he disappeared again. 

I do not expect too much from Price either. He still cannot get on the field. He is either injured or a healthy scratch. 

At this point, I think the receiving corps is going as far as Welker and Gronk can carry them with Branch and Hernandez helping out.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Agree. Chad has to stay on the field, shotgun or no shotgun. He's actually looked LIGHTNING fast lately and is wide open all over the place. We should mix in more runs and when we do the play action lets hit Chad. There was a reason he was paid alot of money and racked up many, many 1000 yard seasons! Get him the damn ball!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

If I was Chad I would have been a little pissed last week. Guy makes two big plays and the next thing you know they don't throw a ball at him the rest of the game, mostly riding pine...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Ocho has been showing signs of improvment. Even the game against the giants he was open several times, brady just didnt hit him. Chad is still able to get seperation from the defender as long as he can do that it will just be a matter of time till he starts putting up some numbers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Not going to hold my breathe, but it would be awesome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Might as well have flushed $6 mil of cap space down the toilet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Can he quack?  Decoy!

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts