Now or never for Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Now or never for Maroney

Maroney just come off a 100 plus yard game against Tennesee...Now its Tampa Bay who has an even poorer run defense....Its now or never to ponder what your capable of the following bye week and go against some iron ....the Dolphins, Indy and the Saints in the next 3 games ....No one is asking you, or expecting you to gain the same amount of total yards against these teams.....What is expected, what is asked is that you run as hard and  with as much tenacity as you did against the weaker team defenses like Tennesee !! When you get tired I'm sure B.J.G.E. can spell you as he has in the past .....The thing is, now you have the oppurtunity to strut your capability consistantly , gain your confidence again, and roll right into the iron !!!  It's now or never .....Morris isn't there , Taylor is past tense ....Time for you to show us why you were drafted instead of your running mate Marion Barber when you ran in tandem for Minnisota

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Now or never for Maroney

Regardless of how he performs, I just hope he shuts the f*ck up and stops giving interviews every week about how this time he's really going to run hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

In Response to Re: Now or never for Maroney:
    Regardless of how he performs, I just hope he shuts the f*ck up and stops giving interviews every week about how this time he's really going to run hard.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Aww, come on. The Pats need atleast one player that runs his mouth. It's almost like a requirment for a team in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think BB uses BJGE as much as Maroney. No reason to over load 1 back and risk more injury. Maybe even a 50 50 split.(obviously Faulk plays his normal role)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I think BB uses BJGE as much as Maroney. No reason to over load 1 back and risk more injury. Maybe even a 50 50 split.(obviously Faulk plays his normal role)
    Posted by TrueChamp

completely agree.  BJGE is a power runner and maroney was successful when he was a 1-2 punch with marion barber @ minnesota and with corey d when he was a rookie.

if bb can run both of these guys and use faulk like he would normally do, then i think that could produce something...

but what do I know...im just a fan that just wants to see us have a solid running game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I have been a "Maroney basher" in the past - but I think my argument was sound.  Maroney runs sideways too much!  I'm no analyst but I did notice that in the Tenn game he was not running sideways, but straight ahead.  He had a few stutter steps but he didnt run sideways.  Maybe he couldn't because of the snow, but anyway - he seems to perform well when he doesnt dance around in the back field and goes forward!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

I agree with everyone on Maroney, he has to run hard with the ball!  If he doesn't, he not going to have a good game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Now or never has come and gone. It's sounds weird to say after a 100 yard game. But after last week I am now more convinced thn ever. Even when he is successful hitting the hole he still dances 80% of the time. He is a dancer with poor field vision. Both fatal flaws in the NFL. Best case scenario is he develops into a poor man's Kevin Faulk for some team. But he isn't a starting runnning back. He just isn't. People need to get over it and move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

He certainly was running straight ahead last weekend. There were big holes and trap blocks that made those runs plus a bad defense. He hasn't looked that good since Dillon left. The Pats usually don't use a 2 back set anymore either killing the extra blocking back. Vollmer was 20 yards out last week hammering people kind of reminding me of John Hannah.

His problem has been when its clogged up with no where to go he dances rather than bull ahead for the tough yardage.  Those runs are necessary in tough games.

My best guess is he'll look alright this week but the next time the Pats meet a tough defense he disappears again. 

I'd rather be wrong because I love watching Maroney streak down the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz

I'm with you mighty P...He needs to zip the hole and do his JOB...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Maroney actually plays better is poor weather - I think it's directly attributed to the slower pace of the game.  With that said, this could be another big game for him in the rain against a lousy defense.  When they play Indianapolis or any fast defenses on turf he's going to break an 8 yard run on one of his first three handoffs, like he always does, and then he will shut down for the rest of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Funny thing is, even if he runs straight ahead and hard against Tampa and say for about 110 yds. I won't believe that he will continue to do that. The real test will be against a tough defense. That's when he starts looking and stops running.We're going to win plenty of games anyway and Taylor will be back for the last 5 or 6 games of the season. My main concern is that the passing game continues to look like it did last week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

Just wondering why Maroney gets bashed so hard for being "fragile" (as if any NFL player is really fragile) yet Sammy Morris is injured as often as Maroney, if not more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Just wondering why Maroney gets bashed so hard for being "fragile" (as if any NFL player is really fragile) yet Sammy Morris is injured as often as Maroney, if not more.
    Posted by rolfer

It's not his fragile body we don't like, it's his fragile mind that is scared of contact. 

Sonny is right about the bad weather.  Maroney looked like a rabbit hopping around in the backfield last week, the Titans were just too busy losing their footing to tackle the SOB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

i say if maroney dosnt stay healthy and produce this year, get him outa there. Seriously you have Chris Taylor on reserve, him and Green-Ellis performed beutifully together at Indiana. Could be a great two-headed rushing monster for the pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Now we know with Joey Galloway that BB isn't hesitant to drop a player quickly.  He's stuck with Maroney.  Why do I feel that he must have a reason, in spite of what my eyes tell me.

Sections
Shortcuts