Now that its official, where does Darius Butler rank amongst the Patriots all time draft bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Now that its official, where does Darius Butler rank amongst the Patriots all time draft bust?

I agree with King. I think Ken Simms is the Pats all time draft bust, and I will go with Tony Mandarich as the NFL's all time draft bust.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Re: Now that its official, where does Darius Butler rank amongst the Patriots all time draft bust?

In Response to Re: Now that its official, where does Darius Butler rank amongst the Patriots all time draft bust?:
    In Response to Re: Now that its official, where does Darius Butler rank amongst the Patriots all time draft bust? : How dare you be intelligent and rational!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Well, it's hard not to get spoiled when all of the teams in this town are winning championships and the football team (GASP!!!!!) hasn't won one in a whole 7 years now!! Jesus, even the Bruins---the Jeremy Jacobs-owned Boston Bruins---have now won a championship. I thought I'd be long dead before anyone around here EVER saw that happen.

I don't condone the "win the Super Bowl or the season is a failure" mentality, but I understand it, because in my youth I was there as well with the Celtics in the 1980s. Even if they got to the Finals and lost (happened twice that decade), I declared the entire season to be a waste of time. You'll drive yourself nuts as a fan doing that. I realized that after a few years and learned to relax and take the bad with the good.

By the way, I posted more regularly on another football board in past years, and last season, right around mid-season, a Green Bay fan on that board started a "Fire Mike McCarthy" thread---it got something like 500 replies, all pretty much agreeing with the premise. Then after they won the SB, suddenly the replies stopped......LOL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

All of the Pats' cuts were pounced on faster than a piece of cheese at a mouse convention.  Think this suggests that the Pats cut guys who weren't good enough to play in a rigorous system, but other personnel guys respect the talent evaluation accumen of the FO enough to know that they're still players with upside.  This says volumes about how the Pats keep guys who can fit a scheme and cut bait with others, regardless of how they were acquired. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Look . . .  I get that Kenny Sims is an easy target because he was the # 1 overall pick and he turned out not to be Bubba Smith or Deacon Jones (or . . .   you know . . .  whomever), but Game Day didn't s*ck. He was just a middle-of-the-road guy who couldn't dominate in the NFL the way he did against Rice and Baylor. The guy had a career, at least. To put him in a discussion with Chris Canty . . .  that's just asinine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

One thing you can say about Belicheck is that he isn't afraid to admit his mistakes and move on.  Many GMs stick with their draftees well after their uselessness has been established.  In this case however, I don't understand for the life of me why he didn't just cut Butler instead of Yeatman (or Smith)?  Instead he ends up cutting him to bring in a lesser TE.  Seems like a miscalculation there somewhere.

Sections
Shortcuts