Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : I agree, folks are looking to blame one or the other - but it was a team loss, including the coaches. besides, the 2007 loss hurt so much worse than this one.  I didn't expect the patriots to get to the sb this year.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

i have posted here 2 or 3 times. the loss was completely on the coaches, specifically offense. the game was horribly mismanaged. 
    thats what you get when you dont have real coaches but trainees on your team. a good high school coach imo wins this game easily. it took a lot of mismanagement to lose this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

OK, so Lloyd made a very nice catch in a regular season game. Lloyd has 311 receptions in his 9 year career (average of 34 catches/year), has had one (1) season of 1000+ yards and only 2 others of more than 800 yards. Not sure he has ever even been on a team that has made the playoffs. In the 7 seasons Welker has had at least one catch (his first 2 years he was used strictly as a kick returner), he has averaged 92 catches a year. Welker has averaged 110 catches and 1220 yards for the past 5 years, had a career high in receiving yardage last season and helped take his team to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time. How soon they forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg01TtmN3ok

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes:
    [QUOTE]And I must say that is a very cute kitten. We are very much in agreement on puppies.  Take this... In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Adorable!! I've got a female boxer, she's  2 years old.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yea, I definately gotta hand to Rockdog and mthurl on this front here:  The Boxer really IS a bad-#ss dog to have.  They seem to embody the same type'a things I love outta my Bengal...Smart, Affectionate, and built like a solid brick-sh#t-house, wherein when you're rough-housin' with 'em and are taken aback If and when ya accidentally step on them or something, they just look at you almost to say, "Why'd we stop? Did you get or something? I didn't mean to hurt you, you o.k.?"   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Awesome. I've got a 20 month old male named Bauer. Just great dogs. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : Adorable!! I've got a female boxer, she's  2 years old.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Couldn't agree more Laz. They have the toughness of Logan Mankins, athleticism of and quickness of Wes Welker, and character of Kevin Faulk. 

Happy easter Laz! 

[QUOTE]Yea, I definately gotta hand to Rockdog and mthurl on this front here:  The Boxer really IS a bad-#ss dog to have.  They seem to embody the same type'a things I love outta my Bengal...Smart, Affectionate, and built like a solid brick-sh#t-house, wherein when you're rough-housin' with 'em and are taken aback If and when ya accidentally step on them or something, they just look at you almost to say, "Why'd we stop? Did you get or something? I didn't mean to hurt you, you o.k.?"   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Give me my malamute any day of the week, I do love most dogs though

Father and son (pay no attention to the slave labor in the background)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Cropped! D a m n you!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

plain and simply welker got 2 hands on the ball, that means the pass was good enough to be caught.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]plain and simply welker got 2 hands on the ball, that means the pass was good enough to be caught.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that, and I'm pretty sure Welker has said the same. But the OPs apparent premise was that BLloyd would have caught that pass based on one other catch he made in a different game against a different team under different circumstances. There is a reason (probably more than one) that none of BLloyds HC's and OC's had the faith in him to make him a central part of the offense, and to be considered a guy you can trust and go to in all situations. Welker has proved (repeatedly) that he is one of those guys, and one missed connection does not change that. There are reasons why a guy gets 150 or more looks a year from his QB and not 50. I hope BLloyd has worked it all out and comes here and works hard and earns the coaches and QBs trust. But dont bet on him replacing Welker as the guy Brady trusts most.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : I can agree with that, and I'm pretty sure Welker has said the same. But the OPs apparent premise was that BLloyd would have caught that pass based on one other catch he made in a different game against a different team under different circumstances. There is a reason (probably more than one) that none of BLloyds HC's and OC's had the faith in him to make him a central part of the offense, and to be considered a guy you can trust and go to in all situations. Welker has proved (repeatedly) that he is one of those guys, and one missed connection does not change that. There are reasons why a guy gets 150 or more looks a year from his QB and not 50. I hope BLloyd has worked it all out and comes here and works hard and earns the coaches and QBs trust. But dont bet on him replacing Welker as the guy Brady trusts most.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

McD made him the center, so im sure it will work out okay.. hell cant be any worse then how chad johsnon turned out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]This is not the reason why we lost the SB, as I remember there were TWO fumbles one negated by a penalty (12men on the field I think) and the other one after brady's int that gronk didnt try to take it or battle it away from a freaking LB AND K-ARRINGTON ( I think) dove over the football instead of trying to just pick it up and run with it. There was a questionable "safety" IMO, there were more drops from WR'S not just wes, ol realiable branch also dropped one, hernandez, green-ellis couldn't run the clock out nor woodhead, play-calling was horrible to say the least...So to blame it on just one play is not fair, there were more plays,decision-making that factored in the loss.... move on like ya did in '07 this one wasn't lost on luck, it was lost on poor play, and poor coaching. Be glad that we still have a great QB,coach, and players that gives us a chance every year to enter to the big game.
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

agree, all these things plus spotting the Giants nine points in the first possession and a half of the game.  If they didn't dig themselves that hole in the beginning it would have been a very convincing beat down.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

[QUOTE]Keep in mind, its easy to look down on welk for not catching that ball as we watch it in Slow Motion..  That WAS a bad pass.  He had to flip his whole body around and try and make that catch in about 1 second.  In 1 second he had to completely change his train of thought.   His muscle memory kicked in, but he couldnt haul it in.  I dont blame wes at all for that one, it was all on brady.  In that game, in that moment.. you gotta make that pass.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

Wow bro did you even look at the play? Go back and look at the coverage the Giants were in. It was a zone with bracket coverage on Welker. Brady put the ball in the one place the Welker had a chance at getting it without it potentially getting picked. The throw was beautiful. The throw was perfect. Welker tried to make a play and didn't. The fact is you can't blame Brady for Welker dropping the ball, and let's not forget that Welker did have a case of the droppsies last year (he had more last year than any other year as a Pat). It's over and done with, but you can't blame Brady for that play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : Wow bro did you even look at the play? Go back and look at the coverage the Giants were in. It was a zone with bracket coverage on Welker. Brady put the ball in the one place the Welker had a chance at getting it without it potentially getting picked. The throw was beautiful. The throw was perfect. Welker tried to make a play and didn't. The fact is you can't blame Brady for Welker dropping the ball, and let's not forget that Welker did have a case of the droppsies last year (he had more last year than any other year as a Pat). It's over and done with, but you can't blame Brady for that play.
    Posted by triplestix[/QUOTE]

I believe the German's use a term hedging the properties of "delusional" and "outrageous."  It's almost applicable line, by line, by line- straight on down...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

wow just watched this you tube called ultimate brandon lloyd, he looks as good if NOT BETTER then moss did in 07.

Now pair him with Tom (best QB he has been with) and we could see something good this year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : a very convincing beatdown..LOL LOL LOL sorry but the giants weren't one of the lollipops you played all year-maybe rethink that statement a weeeeee bit these last two posts are real gems let me tell you
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares about the Giants here dude. Don't you have any friends that are Giants fans that you can talk to? They must have a forum on one of the NY papers. Hanging around here on a Patriots forum 24/7 bragging about how your team won the super bowl gets kind of old doesn't it? The first couple of times its like okay, you guys beat us we get it, but after months of the same thing its become obsessive. You come across as both a troll and a loser. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

isn't jints fan really a giants troll in a patriots forum?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

1) I never implied, or meant to imply that Lloyd makes the catch that Welker didn't. I stated my reason for starting this thread fairly clearly. I guess I can see people making the connection, but I'm stating, for the record, that was NOT my intent.

2) jintsfan, though he rubs people the wrong way, is not a troll. He may say some outrageous, or inflammatory things at times, but usually in response to something already said that was outrageous in it's own right. He will defend his position. A 'troll' says something inflammatory and runs as people react to it, simply looking for the reaction, often not believing in what they say.

It's not like me to stick up for another poster...especially from another team...the GIANTS no less! It pains me a little, but it pains me more when he says things like "this is why fans of other teams think Pats fans are a h o l e s" and he's absolutely right.

If you don't like him, debate his points and make him look dumb for his football thoughts, not simply because he's a giants fan.

We could ALL (myself absolutely, 100% included) stand to be a little more decent to one another.

And to that end, jintsfan: I hope you're team goes 0-16 and you cry yourself to sleep every Sunday night this season (or Monday, Thursday or Saturday when applicable)! That is all.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : Thank You Dragon and well said! I concur and appreciate your posts as well I have to admit, your last statement ("i hope you're team...") is hilarious! I enjoyed that! : )
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Really,M6 this guy shows up when the Giants win in  07, has all kinds of crap to say on a Pats board. ( I can honestly say ive never been to another teams board.) He barks again at the beginning of the season, then disappears when the Giants struggle this year only to come back the week of the SB and say he was banned for 6 mos. or something.  He gives a name of someone he "talked" to from BDC and then somehow comes back as "Jintsfan" once again.  This guy is full of it.  Listening to NY radio all day and being a punk on a Pats board. Ohh yeah, if he is not a troll, who is!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

It was a tough play all around. Let's get over it already and move on........

Sections
Shortcuts