Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

Hauled in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw_u7Om4cjY

Not so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePUq47agUmg

Different parts of the field, granted....but that ball got to them in relatively the same way, at the same shoulder, both high and behind. Spitting in the face of "always use TWO hands" haha.

At any rate, just interesting to me, and it's therapuetic if I don't hide from it...like I still do Tyree's last NFL reception.

Oh well, not meant to stir anything up, still three weeks to the draft and not much going on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

Duh, forgot the other obvious comparisons...time, field position, and difference in score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes

After seeing the drop in slow motion i still wonder how welker didnt come up with that catch. And welker used two hands to try and catch the ball, brandon lloyd looked like he could have caught that pass with 1 hand let alone two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It is painful watching that ball hit Welker in the hands, and watch him try, desperately, to gather it before he hit the ground. His reaction on the field immediately after says it all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It's the first time i've seen that maybe since the game, i'm not sure. I can't believe people blamed Brady for a bad pass! The ball was in his da mn hands. I really feel for Welk I hope he gets another shot. Still hurts alot it really does. I'm not sure if this one was worse than 07 or maybe it's just fresher but we need a patriot response. The fire must be burning so hot in those players right now, I know if it had been me i'd get healthy and then i'd just work like never before. I hope now they've all felt the pain the young guys will bring an intense mentality into the year

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Keep in mind, its easy to look down on welk for not catching that ball as we watch it in Slow Motion..  That WAS a bad pass.  He had to flip his whole body around and try and make that catch in about 1 second.  In 1 second he had to completely change his train of thought.   His muscle memory kicked in, but he couldnt haul it in.  I dont blame wes at all for that one, it was all on brady.  In that game, in that moment.. you gotta make that pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Welker isnt a goat. He dropped a pass that plain and simple if he catches it, Its almost assured were able to run the clock out and were SB champs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes:
    Keep in mind, its easy to look down on welk for not catching that ball as we watch it in Slow Motion..  That WAS a bad pass.  He had to flip his whole body around and try and make that catch in about 1 second.  In 1 second he had to completely change his train of thought.   His muscle memory kicked in, but he couldnt haul it in.  I dont blame wes at all for that one, it was all on brady.  In that game, in that moment.. you gotta make that pass.
    Posted by Ender587

NFL WR's of Wes's caliber  99/100 should make that catch. I guess that was number 100 for Wes. The pass might not have been perfect but it was there for the taking and wes Didnt come up with it and he should have , Big time players make that catch in that situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

For those who say it was a 'bad pass' keep in mind how small the window is that Brady is throwing into 35 yards down the field with 4 Giants around welker. He threw the safe pass (outside shoulder, away from the safety), welker jumped a little too early, and it fell incomplete. Welker is just not a vertical receiver, and he ended up dropping a catchable ball. It still feels awful but they didn't make that play. That play was THE opportunity (even the officials knew it) to take the game and they missed it.

Hopefully they get it next year and have a superbowl that isn't decided by 3 or 4 pts!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Is there some anti-Welker sentiment floating around, either I didn't notice that or have been ignoring it.  He wasn't the only one who dropped a pass, there were seemingly three drops in a row by three different receivers.  The game was lost before it started, poor offensive game planning and/or management doomed us.

I hope Wes signs a reasonable extension, he has to know he is fortunate to play on this team with Tom and McDaniel's again, especially after languishing in Miami to start his career, but who knows?  

He could always end up as another #1 draft pick next year... 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Welker is a warrior. He dropped a tough pass. It happens to the best of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes:
    It's the first time i've seen that maybe since the game, i'm not sure. I can't believe people blamed Brady for a bad pass! The ball was in his da mn hands. I really feel for Welk I hope he gets another shot. Still hurts alot it really does. I'm not sure if this one was worse than 07 or maybe it's just fresher but we need a patriot response. The fire must be burning so hot in those players right now, I know if it had been me i'd get healthy and then i'd just work like never before. I hope now they've all felt the pain the young guys will bring an intense mentality into the year
    Posted by danemcmenamin

How 'bout we watch it in regular speed and at a fuller angle (I dub this "real life"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfC0YiLdxHY&feature=related

...Welker had both hands on the ball, and as a Pro wideout, yes- he shoulda came down with it.  Brady is a HOF QB, and until the very moment of this thread, I actually believed it was a deeper pass play than what it actually was...  There is little excuse for WW not catching that ball...There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO excuse for a HOF QB throwing a SB-victory-securing 10-12 yard pass, late...and over the opposite shoulder of the receiver he's thrown accurately to, a 1000X...for a HOF Pro QB playing in the SB, that throw is pathetic...it's disturbingly poor.  Jesus, a 10-12 yard pass, twisting your wideout full back and around in the opposite direction and still having him f'!ng LEAP and totally outstretch, for the guy to be able to come down with it.  Good god.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

For those who say it was a 'bad pass' keep in mind how small the window is that Brady is throwing into 35 yards down the field with 4 Giants around welker. He threw the safe pass (outside shoulder, away from the safety), welker jumped a little too early, and it fell incomplete. Welker is just not a vertical receiver, and he ended up dropping a catchable ball. It still feels awful but they didn't make that play. That play was THE opportunity (even the officials knew it) to take the game and they missed it. Hopefully they get it next year and have a superbowl that isn't decided by 3 or 4 pts!
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Wrong...just wrong.  Just not 1 single bit correct...and then add a little more "wrong" on top of that.  The Safety was NOT- he was NOT, close enough to be in any position to make a play on an accurately thrown ball to Wes Welker.  And then afterwords, someone should throw a little more "wrong" on top of your notion, just to make it painfully clear.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

This is not the reason why we lost the SB, as I remember there were TWO fumbles one negated by a penalty (12men on the field I think) and the other one after brady's int that gronk didnt try to take it or battle it away from a freaking LB AND K-ARRINGTON ( I think) dove over the football instead of trying to just pick it up and run with it. There was a questionable "safety" IMO, there were more drops from WR'S not just wes, ol realiable branch also dropped one, hernandez, green-ellis couldn't run the clock out nor woodhead, play-calling was horrible to say the least...So to blame it on just one play is not fair, there were more plays,decision-making that factored in the loss....

move on like ya did in '07 this one wasn't lost on luck, it was lost on poor play, and poor coaching. Be glad that we still have a great QB,coach, and players that gives us a chance every year to enter to the big game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

For those who say it was a 'bad pass' keep in mind how small the window is that Brady is throwing into 35 yards down the field with 4 Giants around welker. He threw the safe pass (outside shoulder, away from the safety), welker jumped a little too early, and it fell incomplete. Welker is just not a vertical receiver, and he ended up dropping a catchable ball. It still feels awful but they didn't make that play. That play was THE opportunity (even the officials knew it) to take the game and they missed it. Hopefully they get it next year and have a superbowl that isn't decided by 3 or 4 pts!
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

agreed i dont like the conservatism in our super bowls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Is there some anti-Welker sentiment floating around, either I didn't notice that or have been ignoring it.  He wasn't the only one who dropped a pass, there were seemingly three drops in a row by three different receivers.  The game was lost before it started, poor offensive game planning and/or management doomed us. I hope Wes signs a reasonable extension, he has to know he is fortunate to play on this team with Tom and McDaniel's again, especially after languishing in Miami to start his career, but who knows?   He could always end up as another #1 draft pick next year... 
    Posted by wozzy

trying to replace welker and use the $ to make a better team i dont see as anti wes welker. hes a great receiver. still does not mean we will all agree what the best course is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : How 'bout we watch it in regular speed and at a fuller angle (I dub this "real life"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfC0YiLdxHY&feature=related ...Welker had both hands on the ball, and as a Pro wideout, yes- he shoulda came down with it.  Brady is a HOF QB, and until the very moment of this thread, I actually believed it was a deeper pass play than what it actually was...  There is little excuse for WW not catching that ball...There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO excuse for a HOF QB throwing a SB-victory-securing 10-12 yard pass, late...and over the opposite shoulder of the receiver he's thrown accurately to, a 1000X...for a HOF Pro QB playing in the SB, that throw is pathetic...it's disturbingly poor.  Jesus, a 10-12 yard pass, twisting your wideout full back and around in the opposite direction and still having him f'!ng LEAP and totally outstretch, for the guy to be able to come down with it.  Good god.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

i agree on both which is why i want good, cheaper rookies on the field whose catch radius is double ww's. this is a rare year for wr's where anyonehwo wants one can get a good one and without trading up in rd 1 to do it.
    we should leave the draft with a huge outside wr and in udfa get a dynamite slot wr.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

bad pass?  3 defenders around the ball threw it where it was safe and catchable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

sorry, IMO bad pass by Brady....almost miraculous catch by Welker.
    Yeah, there were three defenders around him, but they weren't THAT close.

Pass could have been thrown over right shoulder, still no guarantee of a catch, but would have been more likely caught than not.

shoulda, coulda, woulda......don't matter anyway, cuz we can't change the facts, we lost.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Jeez Laz how do you really feel?

10-12 yard pass? Wrong. Just wrong. Were you watching the same game? Please tell me again that was a 12 yard pass. Also keep in mind Brady was at least 5 yards behind the LOS. But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. 

A taller receiver who doesn't mis-time their jump (do you dispute welker jumped too early) makes that catch easily. A 5'8" receiver streaking down the field means an extremely small window for brady. 

I'll take your word over Bradys...NOT. You're not looking at it at the same angle brady is. He is in the middle of the field. You are looking at a 10 to 15 yard strip at the left hash marks.

WW
    S

Brady

Should Brady throw it right through the Safety? 

Please correct the deluge of wrongness once again, only this time try to use facts instead of just saying everyone else is wrong in an arrogant manner. 

In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes : Wrong...just wrong.  Just not 1 single bit correct...and then add a little more "wrong" on top of that.  The Safety was NOT- he was NOT, close enough to be in any position to make a play on an accurately thrown ball to Wes Welker.  And then afterwords, someone should throw a little more "wrong" on top of your notion, just to make it painfully clear.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Brady could NOT have thrown it over his right shoudler. Again, Brady is at an extremely skewed angle. I'm guessing you're assuming Brady tried to throw over the right shoulder instead of choosing to throw it over the left shoulder? I couldn't disagree more.

I love how it's Brady's fault that a shrimp slot WR (a great slot WR) couldn't catch a ball down the field. Why don't they have Woody run post routes? That way Brady can have two undersized players with extremely small windows that force PERFECT throws 30 yards down the field. Guys like Rodgers and Brees can have margin of error, whereas Brady needs to be perfect without a deep to intermediate threat. 

sorry, IMO bad pass by Brady....almost miraculous catch by Welker. Yeah, there were three defenders around him, but they weren't THAT close. Pass could have been thrown over right shoulder, still no guarantee of a catch, but would have been more likely caught than not. shoulda, coulda, woulda......don't matter anyway, cuz we can't change the facts, we lost.
    Posted by anonymis

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Brady could NOT have thrown it over his right shoudler. Again, Brady is at an extremely skewed angle. I'm guessing you're assuming Brady tried to throw over the right shoulder instead of choosing to throw it over the left shoulder? I couldn't disagree more. I love how it's Brady's fault that a shrimp slot WR (a great slot WR) couldn't catch a ball down the field. Why don't they have Woody run post routes? That way Brady can have two undersized players with extremely small windows that force PERFECT throws 30 yards down the field. Guys like Rodgers and Brees can have margin of error, whereas Brady needs to be perfect without a deep to intermediate threat.  In Response to Re: Now that Lloyd is here....eerily similar plays, drastically different outcomes :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

I know people won't like this, but I have always thought that if you took any one of those Giants WRs (Nicks, Cruz, or Manningham...all 6 feet except Nicks at 6'1) they make that catch or at least make it look more like a better pass.

In other words, I agree with you about the short WR thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Why dwell on it? Move on. Patriots will be back to the SB this season.

Between the FA signings and the upcoming draft the team will be stacked.

Sections
Shortcuts