NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Cant believe what i'm seeing with the bruins right now. about to destroy canuck in game 6 to go bak to vancouver. though they've lost all 3 games there thus far, they've all been close 1-foal affairs unlike the 3 games in boston. i think for just one game, tim thomas and our offense can put together a win. luongo is leaky. he can be had. i never really focused on the bruins before but its a good thing to see all 4 major teams in contention for rings in their respective sports. my order of prederence is: pats, sox, celts and then more closely by the bruins then by a mile by the revolution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Playoff hockey is fun to watch, especially when your team is playing.

Patriots
    Celtics
    Red Sox
    Bruins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

I pull for all Boston teams equally as hard.  Oh yeah,your mom says hi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    I pull for all Boston teams equally as hard.  Oh yeah,your mom says hi
    Posted by tenacioust
    my mom is dead, did you dig up her corpse?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Bruins have always been my 2nd team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

NO MATTER HOW MUCH FOLKS LOVE THE PATRIOTS, RED SOX, AND CELTICS, BOSTON HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HOCKEY TOWN.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

So BK what you just post here" I can never decide which of the  other sports are my favorite, as it really depends on the season." It sounds like from that your a band wagon fan only when they win you like them.I could be reading this wrong but thats what it sounds like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : my mom is dead, did you dig up her corpse?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Actually even in death your mom is such a ho that she crawled out of her grave just to get on my jock. She was all zombie like and s@#$ moaning "Baaallllllss!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's all a matter of taste, but the baseball season is way too long and the NBA has become virtually unwatchable (for me) since they began selectively applying the rules . . .  such as they are. And I'm not sure it's necessarily "bandwagon" behavior to have a heightened interest in the Bruins during a championship run. Hell . . .  the Red Sox play almost every day for six months. I simply don't have the time or the energy to invest in that, so yeah, I'll check in in September and if some jughead wants to call me a fair-weather fan, that's his business.

One thing I will say, in reference to Rusty's "karma" comment: It's been kind of fun watching Jeremy Roenick take broad swipes at Vancouver for diving all over the place and openly rooting for the Bruins to spank them for it. Conventional wisdom would suggest that all of Canada is behind the Canucks . . .  but I'm not entirely sure that's true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

NO MATTER HOW MUCH FOLKS LOVE THE PATRIOTS, RED SOX, AND CELTICS, BOSTON HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HOCKEY TOWN.
    Posted by Quagmire3
    SO HOW COME NOONE WATCHES THEM EVEN ON tv? may be a racial-demographic thing. i dont know of any brotha or latino who watches hockey or wears the jerseys. as their numbers continue to increase and the bruins continue to not add to titletown, hockey has become more of a fringe sport. but hockey is so exciting to watch with heavy physicality, perhaps with more community outreach and winning, they may increase their profile. but sorry dude, the more accurate statement may be: boston has USED to be a hockey town for WHITES. but even then, the red sox have clearly in both emotional and economic ways been dominat since the early 70s. 

pats in the past 3 years are now neck and neck with them, although i think the sox still have a slight emotional edge. if the so werent in contention, people would still go, i dont think thats the case with the pats. most came on the badwagon and never left. i was watching all the pats game when we had hugh millen, flutie and zolak back there. i think you can make an argument for the bruins once being higher than celtics as late as the 90s and when celts werent working on rings. but as of now, celts are entrenched in THIRD. guess back in the 60s and most of 70s it was sox first, bruins second, celts and pats. pats and the nfl have really taken off. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : Actually even in death your mom is such a ho that she crawled out of her grave just to get on my jock. She was all zombie like and s@#$ moaning "Baaallllllss!"
    Posted by tenacioust
    OH yeah.. i'm taking ur mom out to a dirty bathroom stall. she's used to it. then again you should know, she told me she used to push you in there to satisfy her many itches esp when your dad came home in one of his usual drunken stupors. how do you think you got hatched on this planet? oh, she must have not told ya that your dad was actually guy #8 in the train that got ran on her. kinda got picked in a springer/maury povich manner. there was a 1/8th shot, oh well... he was there and wanted to sell her out when bills got too high so he put the ring on her fat finger. may as well keep the cow around rather than buying the milk, know what i mean. 

walker or not, doesnt matter. doing your mom is like sticking it into the grand canyon. that byitch can take anything i stick in there. y do you think your dad and uncles always called her canyon?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

a zombie ho? Thats a new one lol This thread does come across as band wagon so Lippa is right on that one. I mean why would them winning the cup make then your second favorite team? Your either a hockey fan or your not and if you suddenly love the B's because now they are champs you are a fair weather fan. Or at least thats what Boston fans have been saying to New York fans for years. I like the idea of listing you favorite sports in order so CC had something there I just dont like the way the question was asked I guess. But yea mine go like this Patriots Bruins MMA (I like boxing as well and the UFC and I support all our local fighters like Kenny Florian of Brookline MA who is about to fight for the featherweight championship in the UFC) Celtics Red Sox
    Posted by MVPkilla4life
    killa, cant say i'm shocked that ur first 3 faves all involve hitting and whacking people. didnt picture you as a ballet or opera kind of guy. as for your fair weather fan comment, SPOT on. like someone saying, when i was poor and a loser no one cared, now that i'm good looking from surgery, have fixed my teeth, rich, with high status a nd a great career, everyone wants to know me... NO S-H-I-T!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Patriots
    Celtics
    Red Sox
    Bruins

Hockey is a lot better during the playoffs, it wont seem as cool during the regular season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5Post:c9ab516d-72e5-4850-a8e3-3896d212cd84">Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : SO HOW COME NOONE WATCHES THEM EVEN ON tv? may be a racial-demographic thing. i dont know of any brotha or latino who watches hockey or wears the jerseys. as their numbers continue to increase and the bruins continue to not add to titletown, hockey has become more of a fringe sport. but hockey is so exciting to watch with heavy physicality, perhaps with more community outreach and winning, they may increase their profile. but sorry dude, the more accurate statement may be: boston has USED to be a hockey town for WHITES. but even then, the red sox have clearly in both emotional and economic ways been dominat since the early 70s.  pats in the past 3 years are now neck and neck with them, although i think the sox still have a slight emotional edge. if the so werent in contention, people would still go, i dont think thats the case with the pats. most came on the badwagon and never left. i was watching all the pats game when we had hugh millen, flutie and zolak back there. i think you can make an argument for the bruins once being higher than celtics as late as the 90s and when celts werent working on rings. but as of now, celts are entrenched in THIRD. guess back in the 60s and most of 70s it was sox first, bruins second, celts and pats. pats and the nfl have really taken off. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE

Alot of what you say is accurate but I do take issue with a couple points. The B's not the Sox ruled Boston in the 60's 70's and 80's.Cant really say Boston isn't a hockey town becasue no "brotha or Latino" wears a spoked jersey. Thats not just in Boston its around the globe! Hockey just doesn't appeal to the African-Americans or Latinos. Not sure how old you are CC, but go back to the 70's like you said. Heck I can go back to the 60's (unfortunately haha)and tell you that in the 60's when the C's were winning 9 titles in 10 years they weren't selling out the Garden, but the B's were. Even in the Larry Bird years, the B's would draw better crowds than the C's. In the 70's and 80's the B's had a more loyal fan base than the Yaz led Red Sox. Heck the Patiots, were always # 4 in this region until about 10 years ago. Winning does bring out the crowds and bandwagon fans.

Maybe its because of the influx of immigrants and the mass exodus of alot of Mass natives to other parts of the country that has brought about a change in sports following. But I can tell you this; Boston has always been a hardworking, blue collar, lunchpail carrying town, and thats what the Bruins have always been and currently are. The new generation has been spoiled by the most recent successes of the Patriots the Red Sox, and to a lesser extent the Celtics (and I am glad they have been, I have enjoyed the ride as much as anyone). But ask any oldtimer and they wil tell you, deep down inside Boston is a hockey town! (but that dont mean we love the Pats, Sox and C's any less!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i am a football fan above all else.  i love my patriots.  they are miles ahead of the sox bruins and celtics for me, and the three of those are pretty close to eachother.  basicly, i would rather watch the lions host the raiders than watch the bruins celtics or sox (minus significant games or playoff games).  i would never root against any of the boston teams, but my interest in them is rather low for the most part.  i will always watch any boston team in a playoff game regardless tho. if i had to rank them it would be:

patriots

redsox
    bruins
    celtics

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

This has always been this wasy for me:
    1) Patriots
    2) Bruins
    2a) Red Sox
    4) Celtics

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Quag,

I'm throwing the challange flag on a couple of your points. One is the B's drawing more than the Celtics of the 80's. I'm not even going to research this....the Celtics used to have epic battles first in the division with the 76ers, then they used to have to deal with the bad boys of Detroit and then they'd limp into a series with the Lakers and they still won 3 times that decade so to tell me that the B's drew more they they did is wrong.

The second is this was always a hockey town....I disagree, Boston is a Red Sox town with the B's right behind them. Maybe for a period in the 70's the B's got top billing much like the Pats did last decade but overall it's Sox first, then the B's. The Sox would sell out Fenway even though they hadn't won in 86 years...the B's weren't selling out a venue half the size of Fenway even though they won a championship in half as many years the Sox fans waited.

I agree with the blue collar, hard working town but just because they hit in hockey doesn't make it any more of a blue collar sport than the others.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5Post:e70325ba-4e1e-492d-b291-8c2131d07a85">Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    I agree. Boston as a sports town goes like this: 1. Sox 2. Bruins 3. Celts 4. Pats I would reverse the Pats and Celts from 1993-2007, though, for obvious reasons. It will always be the Sox, but I tell people who aren't familiar with the VERY LOYAL Bruins fan, that the Bruins are right on the Sox heels. First American NHL franchise, original Six team, first American NHL dynasty. Who knows how many more they would have won if not for WWII. I miss the old Garden. The best indoor venue ever.   What a gem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

You're 100% right with all of this.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    I agree. Boston as a sports town goes like this: 1. Sox 2. Bruins 3. Celts 4. Pats I would reverse the Pats and Celts from 1993-2007, though, for obvious reasons. It will always be the Sox, but I tell people who aren't familiar with the VERY LOYAL Bruins fan, that the Bruins are right on the Sox heels. First American NHL franchise, original Six team, first American NHL dynasty. Who knows how many more they would have won if not for WWII. I miss the old Garden. The best indoor venue ever.   What a gem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing
    great points king but dont know about your rankings. if its just  about you and being subjective, then fine. but if its based on objectivity, no way are the bruins secind. no way ti really measure the intangible like emotionality but in the capitalistic world we all live in, we can measure $$$. 

fans chose their preference by the $ they spend and the hours they spend watching stuff. no way are the bruins anywhere near the celts or pats in boston for viewers , attendance or even jersey sales. how many bruins do you see on tv endorsing products in boston as compared to the 3 other sports? not even close. advertisers arent dumb. i expect to see tim thomas and chara everywhere after this run though. hope it lasts. even with a cup win, bruins wont top #4. willl close the gap but wont top it. i expect tonight's game to beat the sox-tampa game even with beckett pitching. if they dont destroy the tampa ratings in boston, then forget about hockey ever really coming back or sustaining itself after this run!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

A lot of this is why many fans are flat out jealous of Boston sports.

Including everyone at ESPN. They went six minutes into sportcenter yesterday before they even mentioned the B's. I guess Jeter's stained calf is more important than the B's forcing their first Stanley Cup game seven in franchise history.

I'm with Killa, I freaking hate that channel and their little agenda's......look at Stuart Scott, he just loves Boston..I say F'm.

CC, just curious....do you live in Boston?

Sections
Shortcuts