NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1A - Patriots
    1B - Celtics
    2 - Bruins
    3 - Red Sox
    5023 - Revolution

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : Not a baseball fan, eh?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Too slow.  Too boring.

NESN = nap time

I'm getting back into hockey slowly - short rink - /> more scoring CHANCES (soccer is like oversized Pong on a big grass field)... oh, and the hitting :-D

Hopefully the Bruins don't break my heart again like they did in their two series against the f***ing Canadiens before the lockout

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I probably like the B's the best, then the Sox, then the Pats, then the Celtics, but I feel just as elated when all four win as I do feel deflated when all 4 lose. I'm an equal opportunity fan of the Fav 4.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

1.sox,pats,b's and c's
    2.boston college football
    3.umass-lowell riverhawks hockey
    4. triton high athletics
    5. tripoli pizza, salisbury beach lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : I was a huge Hagler fan as a kid.  You were about 3 when he was robbed in April of 1987. I also followed Mickey Ward's career as well. I am not a big fan of the ultimate fighting stuff for some reason.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]hey i liked hagler too but he wasnt robbed. leonard outsmarted him way before that fight started from the size of the gloves to ring size to the refs, judges, and so forth. hagler wanted to get paid so he went along as well as bravado machoism. dont blame leonard. he made sure every advantage went to his style of fighting. the bottom hags did not knock him down or knock him out. the burden was on hags.  plus leonard landed a lot more punches and stole just about every round with heavy flurries at the end. did he ever hurt hags? no, but so what? punches are punches. what we see last takes precedence. he dictated the flow of the fight. everything went leonard 's way thst night and throughout their carrers. in the pantheon of boxing, leonard ranks higher and was the BEST that night!

as for killa, i like that MASS mma fighter (kenny florien) who just fought. have seen his last 2 out of 3 of his fights. he is all boston all the time! absolutely loved mickey ward and vinny p. even respected peter mcneeley for what he endured as well as gerry cooney. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of this is why many fans are flat out jealous of Boston sports. Including everyone at ESPN. They went six minutes into sportcenter yesterday before they even mentioned the B's. I guess Jeter's stained calf is more important than the B's forcing their first Stanley Cup game seven in franchise history. I'm with Killa, I freaking hate that channel and their little agenda's......look at Stuart Scott, he just loves Boston..I say F'm. CC, just curious....do you live in Boston?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]no, i live in the maryland area. lived in boston area for over 20  years!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Karma, Karma, Karma..Commie Kiddie, Over the last 50 years, including the emergence of the Pats franchise in 1960, the Bruins fanbase is second to only the Sox.  This is the premise. I think the Bruins fan is more loyal, passionate and dedicated than that of the Celts fan. Explain why you disagree and support it or move on. I would argue the Pats fan is actually more passionate and loyal than the Celts fan here. That's my secondary premise.  I already explained why. Who are you claiming is higher than the Bruins fanbase?  Your comments may prove what we thought. You're 16 years old. I am not talking the last 10 years where the Pats and Sox dominated, but overall, in the general landscape here. You have as poor a reading skill set as Lippa does.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]you're right. in terms of RATINGS AND $, no way are the bruins on top of boston. in terms of diehard loyalty they are right there with the sox fans. sox are #1 for they endured 86 years, put up with the obnoxious yanks and still sold out just about every game at fenway in that period. bruins fans are a very tightknit loyal group but still much smaller than red sox nation. is there a bruins nation? more like a bruins locale or commune. pats fans would be a close third. celts fans are the most bandwagony!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Patriots 04 Champs
    Red Sox 07 Champs
    Celtics 07/08 Champs
    Bruins 10/11 Champs

Congratulations Bruins!!!

The Patriots now have the longest championship drought of Boston's four major sports teams. What's up with that?!
    Not
    For
    Long

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : he was absolutley robbed.  When you are the challenger and it's that close, you don't take the title. Leonard needed a knockdown, he never got it, ,Hagler held him off and that's that. He was robbed. The only one worse (I've seen/remember) was Sweet Pea Whitaker in 1993, v.s. Chavez.  The look on Whitaker's face said it all.  He won every round in dominating fashion, put on a clinic offensively and defensively, and they pretended Chavez won. As Killa said, boxing went way over the edge with corruption and I blame Don King.  The heavyweight division has been an embarrassment for years.

yeah that pernell whitaker/chavez fight was horrible, whitaker knocked him down 2wice, but the fight was in san antonio texas (largest mexican population in u.s) go figure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : yeah that pernell whitaker/chavez fight was horrible, whitaker knocked him down 2wice, but the fight was in san antonio texas (largest mexican population in u.s) go figure.
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]
    was that unknown to parnell when the fight was booked? of course there's a home advantage in everything. he should have knocked him out. 55-45% goes to chavez! esp since he was undefeated and a major legend at the time. worse i ever saw was when james toney in a "tune-up" bout for a huge upcoming payday got totally dominated by a scrubby white guy (dave tiberi). he fought the fight of his life and got no respect from the judges. he was really religious and dedicated all he had for that fight, only to be totally robbed in 1992. 

all the announcers had him winning. one judge ruled it a tie, another changed his scorecard to go with toney. don king the promoter and toney's guy had 2 of the judges in his back pocket. 2 of them were barred from ever judging again and there was a major investigation but toney got to keep his tainted victory and he refused to offer up a rematch. toney got totally exposed. he had just tied with mike mccallum and eventually got a rematch with him after 2 more fights!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

Were not all like you CC. Some of us really care about "our teams" and dont change our opinion like the wind ... see the pic above of your boy. The passion that die hard fans have doesnt change in the matter of minutes or days. It runs deep through generations and has built up history for a reason ... it means something to us! How does it feel being a LeBron James feel right CC? Does he play goalie for the 'Nucks as well?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Not a huge mma fan but Boxing could learn a thing or two from those guys. I mean lately mma has had some terrible cards but back in the day fighters had to fight. Boxing has forever been corrupt  btw , please name me when it wasnt. Really ever since the 30's its been corrupt. Boxing needs someone or ones to really take over and get control of the sport from all aspects. Drugs , shady promoters , fixed fights , fighters ducking , you name it. There should be someone or some body that has real control. Its a shame bc theres soo many great young fighters out there from Kirkland , Maidana , Bradley , Alvarez , i could go on and on. These guys could carry Boxing and make hundred of millions for the sport , themselves etc. for the next 20 years. At the center of all this PBF/Pac , it hits everything that is wrong with Boxing. From the drug test , how someone can start at 106 lbs and carry that power through countless weight div. , ducking fighters , fueding promoters , lol again i could go on and on. It doesnt matter who you like here , if these guys are and can fight , they should be fighting each other. Sad thing is its both sides fault , PBF's camp is just as much as Pac's camp. Finally its looks like its happening with the upcoming fights. This fight cant be overstated either , top 5 anything in Boxing is huge and this fight is Top3-5 all day. Say what you want about PBF but at least he fights guys that are current , Pac picks n chooses these fights and catch weights like hes running the sport. JMM cant touch him at 144 and everyone knows it. And if PBF is in shape , which he always is and takes his work seriously , which he always does. We should be getting a PBF/Pac fight somewhere around march-may 2012. each will probably walk away with 70+ million each , id say 3-4 million ppv buys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : I was a huge Hagler fan as a kid.  You were about 3 when he was robbed in April of 1987. I also followed Mickey Ward's career as well. I am not a big fan of the ultimate fighting stuff for some reason.

HUGE Hagler fan here. Best fight I ever saw in my life was Marvelous Marvin and Hitman Tommy Hearns. Only two rounds, but two rounds of toe to toe brutality. Never forget after the fight Hagler said "Hearns made one mistake tonite. He let me taste my own blood!" Hagler was a BEAST in the ring. I actually met him once at the Golden Bannanna on Rt 1 Peabody. Couldn't talk for longer than a second or two because he had his securitry folks with him, but did get to shake his hand. I was shocked at how small he was in person! Dont get me wrong he was very well toned, just watching him fight on TV (even though he was a middleweight) you always think they are bigger than they are I guess.

And yes CC, Hagler got ROBBED in the Ray leonard fight!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:0fa599fa-791a-425a-be9f-8542964911d5Post:c9ab516d-72e5-4850-a8e3-3896d212cd84 " /> Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THE BRUINS BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : SO HOW COME NOONE WATCHES THEM EVEN ON tv? may be a racial-demographic thing. i dont know of any brotha or latino who watches hockey or wears the jerseys. as their numbers continue to increase and the bruins continue to not add to titletown, hockey has become more of a fringe sport. but hockey is so exciting to watch with heavy physicality, perhaps with more community outreach and winning, they may increase their profile. but sorry dude, the more accurate statement may be: boston has USED to be a hockey town for WHITES. but even then, the red sox have clearly in both emotional and economic ways been dominat since the early 70s.  pats in the past 3 years are now neck and neck with them, although i think the sox still have a slight emotional edge. if the so werent in contention, people would still go, i dont think thats the case with the pats. most came on the badwagon and never left. i was watching all the pats game when we had hugh millen, flutie and zolak back there. i think you can make an argument for the bruins once being higher than celtics as late as the 90s and when celts werent working on rings. but as of now, celts are entrenched in THIRD. guess back in the 60s and most of 70s it was sox first, bruins second, celts and pats. pats and the nfl have really taken off.  Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE Alot of what you say is accurate but I do take issue with a couple points. The B's not the Sox ruled Boston in the 60's 70's and 80's.Cant really say Boston isn't a hockey town becasue no "brotha or Latino" wears a spoked jersey. Thats not just in Boston its around the globe! Hockey just doesn't appeal to the African-Americans or Latinos. Not sure how old you are CC, but go back to the 70's like you said. Heck I can go back to the 60's (unfortunately haha)and tell you that in the 60's when the C's were winning 9 titles in 10 years they weren't selling out the Garden, but the B's were. Even in the Larry Bird years, the B's would draw better crowds than the C's. In the 70's and 80's the B's had a more loyal fan base than the Yaz led Red Sox. Heck the Patiots, were always # 4 in this region until about 10 years ago. Winning does bring out the crowds and bandwagon fans.      Maybe its because of the influx of immigrants and the mass exodus of alot of Mass natives to other parts of the country that has brought about a change in sports following. But I can tell you this; Boston has always been a hardworking, blue collar, lunchpail carrying town, and thats what the Bruins have always been and currently are. The new generation has been spoiled by the most recent successes of the Patriots the Red Sox, and to a lesser extent the Celtics (and I am glad they have been, I have enjoyed the ride as much as anyone). But ask any oldtimer and they wil tell you, deep down inside Boston is a hockey town! (but that dont mean we love the Pats, Sox and C's any less!)
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Not true that the B's drew more fans in the 80's. The Celtics had a consecutive sellout streak from 79-95. The garden did not seat as many people for hockey as it did basketball. It would have been impossible for the Bruins to draw more if the Celtics were selling out.

Sections
Shortcuts