NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

No Pats first then naked cheerleader twister

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : HUGE Hagler fan here. Best fight I ever saw in my life was Marvelous Marvin and Hitman Tommy Hearns. Only two rounds, but two rounds of toe to toe brutality. Never forget after the fight Hagler said "Hearns made one mistake tonite. He let me taste my own blood!" Hagler was a BEAST in the ring. I actually met him once at the Golden Bannanna on Rt 1 Peabody. Couldn't talk for longer than a second or two because he had his securitry folks with him, but did get to shake his hand. I was shocked at how small he was in person! Dont get me wrong he was very well toned, just watching him fight on TV (even though he was a middleweight) you always think they are bigger than they are I guess. And yes CC, Hagler got ROBBED in the Ray leonard fight!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]that was a great fight. remember it well. EPIC! esp when it became clear after the second that neither guy was going beyond the third. they just put it all on the line and went for broke. hags had a chin on him for hearns who was known as a knock out artist caught him with some solid haymakers and hagler just kept coming with his own. 

ultimately it was hagler switching to southpaw that really give him the advantage. u gotta give leonard credit for countering and nullifying that mainstay of hags' game. hearns had no counter once hagler went southpaw on him. hags hit him solid then finished him off with the right to send him into lala land. the fight likely would have been stopped on account of bllod to hags had he not stopped hearns in the 3rd. hearns came so close to getting hags in the first. hearns:tough chin, rubbery legs!

sorry quag, but sugar ray never lost to EITHER guy and he beat duran TWICE! case closed for leonard!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to Re: NOW THAT THE BRUINS HAVE WON, COULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]Jints you are allowed to your opinion but I disagree. MMA gives guys like college wrestlers or people who have studied the art their entire life an outlet to perform and make some money. They have solid rules in place and weights classes so really how is it in worse then two guys punching each other in the face for 12 rounds of boxing? Did you know there are more head injurys and more risk in boxing then in MMA? Because MMA fighters take far less blows to the head because 1) its hard to T off on a guy so maybe you get a few great shots but thats it and 2) its not all about blows to the head, you can take the guy down and grind it out for the judges, you can submit him, or yea you can punch him out. But the refs are always quit to jump in an stop a fight when its needed unlike in Boxing where the refs just let the fight go on even when its clear one fighter is out of it. Is it a violent sport? yes it is but some sports are violent. I mean why should a guy spend his life wrestling and represent his country at the Olympics and then not be able to put those skills to work and make some real money? Why should the only outlet for those guys be the WWE where they end like Kurt Angle with a broken neck because of some steel chair to the head. Thats ok but MMA is not? I dont agree. You need to get your facts straight and so does Mr. McCain.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    i agree with you on mma safety. it looks a lot more violent than it actually is. those guys are well-trained and protected in terms of head injuries and protection. in the very beginning, it was a LOT more savage. they had to step it up to avoid and get out of existing BANS. i think its far safer than boxing with more integrity. like hockey players, most of the mma guys i run ino or read about are very humble. they have higher off-cage standards than most gladiator-type sports. frankly, i would be more concerned with my kid playing in the nhl or nfl than with hooking up with a dana white.

i think it was smart to include pro wrestlers like brock lesnar and bobby lashley. glad to see both of them attain a high level of success and respect. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great example of what will happen to floyd merriweather jr if he ever takes on manny p:

james toney vs dave tiberi (worse screw job ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_YYhI-cA4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL 9.14 is hilarious as toney gets his head bashed in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAZ7gnRh4o (great summary of hags-leonard)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?

In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP, WOULD THEY BECOME YOUR SECOND FAVE BOSTON TEAM? : .....sorry quag, but sugar ray never lost to EITHER guy and he beat duran TWICE! case closed for leonard!..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrMQJ4Z-4-c  (last round)
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Cmon Cc you arent going to count the "no mas" fight are you?! haha Also thanks for the video clip brought back memories!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Never,

All the Band Wagon Fans are out in force. I'm not one of them. I don't really care much for the Red Sox or the Bruins.

1 Patriots
    2 Celtics
    3a Red Sox  3b Bruins

I don't think they will ever have a chance at becoming the #2 team in Boston. Mostly because hockey just isn't a good TV sport.  The Patriots & Red Sox are the most popular teams in Boston. Celtics are #3 and the Bruins are #4. That's reality. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I admit I didn't watch any reguar season Bruins games this year but I did start watching them in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a completely different animal. Plus with the advent of HD television hockey is absolutely a good TV sport!

Sections
Shortcuts