Now that week 2 is here lets talk Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: Now that week 2 is here lets talk Jets

In Response to Re: Now that week 2 is here lets talk Jets:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that week 2 is here lets talk Jets : [QUOTE] If Revis is guarding Moss, I would run him off the field by using Moss as a decoy. Send Moss to the sidelines almost every play, with a couple of deep post and flies for honesty. Completely open up the interior, and let Welker, Gronk and Hernandez go nuts. Leave Crumpler in for blocking/blitz pickup. Hit a couple of deep balls to Tate, whom Cromartie cannot cover. On D, make Sanchez beat you. Bring an extra safety in rather that a nickel corner, and plug him in the box. Stay disciplined, don't overpursue. Use Guyton as a spy on LDT in 3rd down situations.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Let Revis take Randy out of the game all day, Randy will be happy to keep him occupied. We have seen what happens then. Last time I looked our two new TE's, Wes and Brandon Tate can catch just fine....

Last night showed that after Revis all the can do is get a flag!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Those Gang Green board posters are struggling with their optimism levels..here's what I read...Revis will cover Moss...nuff said....Cromartie has slow hips and will have to cover Tate....that leaves Wilson covering Welker, and their linebackers on Gronk and Chico and Faulk..good luck... and Wilson covering Welker!!!! That's when the chat room went quiet.....very quiet....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

jenkins finished for the season...i say go with power plays. let them prove they can stop the big TEs and fred taylor or law firm. they'll be vulnerable to huge play action if they start bringing in the secondary to help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

If you're the Jets, do you just run the wildcat all day?  Sanchez is so pathetic he can't be counted on for squat as a QB.  So just use a run formation. Eat-up the clock, shorten the game. See if your defense can win it for you at home.

But if they fall too far behind the Pats, that will not work, and it's all over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

I think a lot of posters put this one in the bag and are just picking the same convo thread as the NJ jets board talking about match-ups.

I think this game will be closer than we think. There is no chance that the O will be as pathetic as it was against the ravens.  Sancheese and Schotty were a disaster, even their 4 turnover games last season on O would be better than last night.  I think we will see a little more life week 2, not only because sancheese will actually be allowed to look downfield, but also because this team will be desperate (...sad too, considering its week 2).

Its going to come down to brady vs. ryan. NJ better hope ryan can make brady blink, because the match-ups past the line aren't looking too pretty. If NJ can create some turnovers, it could be a close game.  This the first real away game for these rookies, and last year was bad on the road - the meadowlands was ridiculous last night with those 100,000 degenerates or however many.

I'm confident we can win, but not as confident as many of you. Our only game has been against cincy, and thats not saying much or telling us much (dominate your division, otherwise paper tigers). It would be a feel good win this week for sure and I'm excited to see more of our new offense in action (our D won't be able to exhibit much...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

[QUOTE]Its not saying much? Cinci is the defending AFC North champs (...) Cinci is a more well rounded team then the Jets.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

somehow (injuries ??) the jets beat cincy twice last season.

i agree that this patriots team is looking much better than the one that beat the jets last year. in the playoffs jets just played it safe with sanchez, avoiding turnovers and trusting their defense.  it backfired on monday but they were very close to winning that (f'in ugly) game anyway.

i expect them to play harder, i expect fewer penalties, and i expect them to be fully prepared and bring a few surprises.

their run defense was amazing
    their punter is really good

flacco + boldin gained lots of yards but every single baltimore drive stalled.

i absolutely agree with the post saying that the key matchup is Ryan/Brady

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets wont score more then 17 points unless their D scores for them so as long as the Pats can score 21 or more points I think we win the game with ease.

agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

[QUOTE]Its not saying much? Cinci is the defending AFC North champs with a good O line, a good D line, a very good running back core, a very good WR core, a pretty good QB, one of the best sets of CB's in the NFL, a very good coaching staff, and a defense that was no joke last year. A lot of people picked Cinci to beat the Pats bad and the Pats walked all over them. That was a very good win. Cinci is a more well rounded team then the Jets.

Our week one win against Cincy? Pretty fly, I'll admit. Its still one game. I don't care what the pundits say, all they can point to is the bengals swept their division last year - otherwise we all know they are bloodless ("well-rounded"). We are on much better footing than Week 2 of last season. But this game is going to be entirely different than what we had last week. The Cincy D is no doubt stout, but the NJ defense (as much as I hate to say it) is a threat. Its going to be a harsh environment and we need to come out clicking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Right now the point spread has the Pats favored by 1. What would it have been if this game was played week one?

http://stats.boston.com/fb/odds.asp?p1=SportsNav_Patriots_Odds

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

[QUOTE]i wish i was as confident as everybody seems to be... i think its going to be VERY close 1. didn't the jets destroy cincy last year? (twice) 2. was cincy too banged-up? (can't remember) 3. pats-ravens at home was awful (minus-welker so ...) 4. jet's defense: scary 5. revis didn't match against boldin yesterday 6. lots of penalties on third down, and baltimore needed them to score ... ONE td 7. baltimore stopped the run, can NE do it?   thing is, for all we know baltimore is an excellent team with a great running game, jets held them to 10 points and could have won 9-6 (!!) if not for that idiotic penalty on the kicker i'm not betting on this one
    Posted by mnp3a[/QUOTE]

1. Cincy gave away the first game to Jets. Second one Cicny underestimated their defence 
    2. Yes some key injuries, but JETS played good once they are in playoff
    3. We were caught off gaurd by Ravens running game. Now we have Welker, and 3 real TEs and good safteys
    4.Agree, but we have much more option in offence than last year
    5.But he needs to match these guys week in week out. Let us see how good he is. Personally I think is very good CB, but not shutdown. If BB/TB/Moss concentrate on him, they can show how they can rip him. But usually they take the easy route to target other cbs.

WEEK 02 - Randy Moss
    WEEK 03 - Brandon Marshall
    WEEK 05 - Percy Harvin or Bernard Berrian
    WEEK 06 - who's the QB and WR?
    WEEK 08 - Gregg Jennings
    WEEK 09 - Calvin Johnson & Who's the QB does MAthew Stafford comes back?
    WEEK 10 - who's the QB and WR?
    WEEK 11 - Andrew Johnson
    WEEK 12 - Chad OChosinco or TO
    WEEK 13 - Randy Moss
    WEEK 14 - Brandon Marshall
    WEEK 15 - Mike Wallace or Hines Ward

Moss will do good one-on-one. If he has safety help, obviously BB will ask TB to throw the ball to welket and TEs. It will be a good game.  

6. Baltimore had lot of penalties too in the first half, which stopped their drives
    7. We should be able to contain the run, may not be as much as Baltimore did. JETS did a big mistake by letting TJones go.

Sections
Shortcuts