Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

Re: Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

I look at the Seattle game where they barely used Ridley until the last 2 minutes, tried to use Bolden but when a run is stopped for no gain it's like ok now we're just going to spread em out. Brady threw something like 56 times in that game, and surprise, we lost. Wasn't the defenses best day either but the offense had the ball with the lead with less than 3 minutes left. That game drove me insane. I don't see how they can't see that and say okay we have to move away from this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

McDaniels or O'Brien might call the plays, but if anyone doesn't think this is Belichick's offense they are kidding themselves.  BB isn't Rex Ryan.  He is heavily involved in all facets of the game even if his background is defense.  I do not understand how people can harp so much on how the NFL is so different now when defending our defense, and then argue that we should be running an offense that we ditched practically 10 years ago.  BB has always stayed ahead of the curve and has remade the offense here numerous times.  We have been one of the most innovative offenses in the league for the past decade.  We just haven't gotten it done during crunch time on BOTH sides of the ball.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Rusty and True Champ need to head to Foxboro, corral Bill Belichick and teach him one or two things about how to coach a winning team.  I just want to be there to watch.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, the most consistent problem I see from the stands is poor pass defense.  I also see an offense that depends heavily on Brady's quick, accurate decision making to succeed.  It would be nice to give Brady more help, but that would require a more complete set of talent, including some real wideouts (which we haven't had since Moss declined) and real running and receiving backs (which we now seem to have but which we didn't have a year or two ago). We also need consistent O line play and fewer injuries to our starters there, especially in the playoffs.  I just don't see Brady or the style of the offense as issues.  I think the problem (to the extent there is one given the offense's high production) is lack of consistent and sufficiently diverse and good talent across all offensive units.  You can get by with a weaker offense when you have an excellent defense.  When you don't have a good defense, though, your offense always has to be perfect--something impossible even in a better balanced offense than the Pats have.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rusty, the most consistent problem I see from the stands is poor pass defense.  I also see an offense that depends heavily on Brady's quick, accurate decision making to succeed.  It would be nice to give Brady more help, but that would require a more complete set of talent, including some real wideouts (which we haven't had since Moss declined) and real running and receiving backs (which we now seem to have but which we didn't have a year or two ago). We also need consistent O line play and fewer injuries to our starters there, especially in the playoffs.  I just don't see Brady or the style of the offense as issues.  I think the problem (to the extent there is one given the offense's high production) is lack of consistent and sufficiently diverse and good talent across all offensive units.  You can get by with a weaker offense when you have an excellent defense.  When you don't have a good defense, though, your offense always has to be perfect--something impossible even in a better balanced offense than the Pats have.

Yes one of the most prolific offense's in NFL history year in and year out doesn't have enough talent. That is a heck of an argument.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No it does not have to be perfect. It just has to score more then the 14 ppg they have scored in the last 2 SB's and AFC championship HOME game. More td's then turnovers would be nice too. Open your eyes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yes one of the most prolific offense's in NFL history year in and year out doesn't have enough talent. That is a heck of an argument.

Well, it's you and Rusty who keep telling us the offense isn't good enough.  Here's some news for you: the offense is as good as it is because of Brady and the coaching.  Brady and the coaching aren't problems.  You and Rusty are just plain ole wrong.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Let's be very clear here: 

A. I think the offense is very good, as the statistics show.

B. I believe the main reasons for that are (1) a QB who makes excellent decisions quickly and (2) creative play design by the coaches.

C. I also believe that the receivers and runners have not been consistently good or deep across all positions.  We have had some very good players, but also big holes in talent at certain positions.  

D. I believe that because of the way the offensive roster has been constructed, an injury to (or a decline in ability with age of) one or two of the better players can result in a dramatic decline in the offense's effectiveness.

E. Finally, I think the post season failures of the offense mostly have to do with injuries or declines  in talent, not Brady's play or the coaches design of the offense.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Let's be very clear here: 

A. I think the offense is very good, as the statistics show.

B. I believe the main reasons for that are (1) a QB who makes excellent decisions quickly and (2) creative play design by the coaches.

C. I also believe that the receivers and runners have not been consistently good or deep across all positions.  We have had some very good players, but also big holes in talent at certain positions.  

D. I believe that because of the way the offensive roster has been constructed, an injury to (or a decline in ability with age of) one or two of the better players can result in a dramatic decline in the offense's effectiveness.

E. Finally, I think the post season failures of the offense mostly have to do with injuries or declines  in talent, not Brady's play or the coaches design of the offense.

blaming bellichick and the defense for anything in the least is blasphemy prolate!

to be honest rusty has convinced me-i don't know why u guys didn't cut Brady years ago

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

obviously the offense is going to have to change....pats wont be able to depend on #83 on third downs anymore....but i think they will survive. as far as the playcalling goes, probobaly a more balances attack and more screens to take advantage of not only vereen, but the blocking tight ends gronk, ballard, and hooma. they may turn hern into a receiver and have gronk and ballard line up at the tight end spots.

Sections
Shortcuts