Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rusty, the most consistent problem I see from the stands is poor pass defense.  I also see an offense that depends heavily on Brady's quick, accurate decision making to succeed.  It would be nice to give Brady more help, but that would require a more complete set of talent, including some real wideouts (which we haven't had since Moss declined) and real running and receiving backs (which we now seem to have but which we didn't have a year or two ago). We also need consistent O line play and fewr injuries to our starters there, especially in the playoffs.  I just don't see Brady or the style of the offense as issues.  I think the problem (to the extent there is one given the offense's high production) is lack of consistent and sufficiently diverse and good talent across all offensive units.  You can get by with a weaker offense when you have an excellent defense.  When you don't have a good defense, though, you're offense always has to be perfect--something impossible even in a better balanced offense than the Pats have.

I think starting 4 rookies on D, a lockout and the youngest D in the league in 2012 tie into how a D, ANY NFL team's D in those situations, might not feature a great pass D.

It's a passing league and any NCAA player now graduating to the NFL in this passing league, is in for a rude awakening by comparison. The Saints, Packers, etc lost key continuity in recent years and feature WORSE pass Ds. Do the math.

Balt's pass D next year? Will blow. Just watch. Giants lost some key players and continuity, just watch. 

All these newer defensive players all came in here at the same time. That's your problem, and many others as fans, who clearly have irrational expectations for how fast a D can be pieced together and developed. It's called continuity and you can draft a base from scratch, buy it like the Jets or you can do a little of both. BB has done both, but mostly through the draft and developing UDFA. I know WHY he did this and I love it. Thank you, BB.

Subsequently and alongside that, we had an offense that literally did our D NO FAVORS in games that were lower scoring and against good Ds. No favors. Christ, you and the Babe/Pezzy camp would demand a minimum of two turnovers by our D (which is what they did the last 2-3 years by the way), in order to even accept the D for what it was.

This was AS Brady was tossing 2 INTs in those games. He does that, and we can't fall on a fumble, we probably lose, and we do. 

This is why it became apparent that NE's offense shreds bad or mediocre Ds that play too much zone. When the time comes to combat a good or great D that plays a lot of man, our offense sucks.

That's correct...Sucks.  Brandon Lloyd put up gaudy stats with lesser QBs. So did Ocho Cinco, so it's not on them.  That was just proved as such.  The "elephant in the room" debates got out of hand, because you, Babe and Pezzy wouldn't concede realities. Not even a 1/6 in the red zone in Seattle with a lead and Brady INTs in a tough place to play would do it. Blowing a lead, started by a Brady INT with 40+ passes in Buffalo, which started these debates, wouldn't do it.

Apparently, you needed another AFC title game loss or SB loss to be convinced?

Face it, you're one of many newer fans who became gogly eyed with Brady to the point that you can't analyze things objectively.   You and I have butted heads on some topics and it's because you didn't like what I was saying, but you lost.

Brady was bad all the way back to the 2007 AFC title game.  He was subpar in SB 42. This isn't a new problem for Brady and the shift from the Weis base to the McDaniels/Brady base.  The other issue that may or not be an issue is that Brady and McDaniels are buddies.

Weis cracked the whip and ran a different offense.

2012 Defense was not the youngest in the league.  Let's get that lie out of the way right now.

The reason there is zero continuity on D is the constant turn over on D caused by bad draft choices and bad FA pick ups.  Worst than bad, actually.

BB cannot draft WR's or DB's and the pain is apparent.  Look at his recent BUSTS and there is no other conclusion.  No receivers except Moss and Welker since 2006, is something to be happy about.  Failure to secure even a mediocre back 4 is the elephant in the room.

Did it really take Parcells telling BB he needed to "FIX THE DAM D", to get the ball rolling?

Ocho is out of the league because he sucked.

Lloyd is nothing but a "fluffNnutter" on to his 7th team or is it 8th? 

Galloway?  Chad Jackson? Taylor Price?  Underwood?  Bug eyes?

These are the awesome receivers TB has had to work with?  He obviously had no problem developing players like Hern and Gronk who actually have talent.

The Offense leading the league in DROPS, is not a good thing to lead the league in.  Neither is one of the worst pass D's ever assembled on a SB team.  These are facts that seem to contradict your bloated and biased opinions.

Yup cuz, all NFL teams win the SB with drops in critical times and defenses that can't even muster one  3 & out or one RZ stop or one of their picks that they are so famous for.  Funny, I can't seem to remember one single team that has won that way.  Can you and your vast  knowledge help me out there?  I do seem to remember teams winning while throwing a pick, though.  Not ideal, but it has and will continue to be done.

Will there ever be a team that wins without a single defensive 3 & out or rz stop?  Doubt it as it's never been done before.  Reason being is that when your D sucks sooooooo bad, it forces your own QB to have to outplay another QB whose D does not suck sooooooo bad and has an easier task because he is playing against a D that sucks SOOOOOOO bad.

So YES!  THE QB has to be perfect.

But you go ahead and keep polishing BB's knobs.  Maybe someday, you'll get that "raise" you "long" for, from him.  Maybe even a little bit of money too.

Pats D was the youngest in the Conference then. Yes. Youngest.

The best part of BB jettisoning Welker is seeing you now overly abuse JUST your Brady doll now since Wes is in Denver.  And watching you become unglued once you come in and ruin the other Pats' fans discussions. Looks like I spoke to soon.

Brady is not gay, Pezzy.  Just forget it.   No one cares that you wish to be his lover. We just don't care.

Is that when you started hating hm?  When you found out he wasn't gay?  Yup, I think so.

We all know you don't like girls.

You're the one pining for Brady on this board on a daily basis and moaning above for some guy named "Grant".

lmao

Hardly ever mention Brady unless it's in defense of your countinous 24/7/365 bashing.

I prefer to discuss the pathetic, worst in the NFL, defense because that's what needs fixing.

Ask Parcells! 

Parcells destroyed every team he ever joined, and then running out 2-3 years later.  He is not one to talk. He has been a horrible cap era GM. Trading for Marshall, drafting Pat White, Ginn, Jake Long, etc, have all been disastrous. Vontae Davis isn't there anymore either.

Christ, Miami is still trying to fix his gaffes from 2009 and 2010 down there. LOL!

Yet, BB takes his advise.  Hmmmmm

Who is "Grant" and what is BB advising?

Who was the youngest D in the league last year?

And how did NE become one of the youngest D's in the league?  Certainly wasn't from drafting players that were good enough to stick for the past 6 years and counting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Now that Welker's in Denver, will McDaniels have to make big changes in play calling.

Rusty, the most consistent problem I see from the stands is poor pass defense.  I also see an offense that depends heavily on Brady's quick, accurate decision making to succeed.  It would be nice to give Brady more help, but that would require a more complete set of talent, including some real wideouts (which we haven't had since Moss declined) and real running and receiving backs (which we now seem to have but which we didn't have a year or two ago). We also need consistent O line play and fewr injuries to our starters there, especially in the playoffs.  I just don't see Brady or the style of the offense as issues.  I think the problem (to the extent there is one given the offense's high production) is lack of consistent and sufficiently diverse and good talent across all offensive units.  You can get by with a weaker offense when you have an excellent defense.  When you don't have a good defense, though, you're offense always has to be perfect--something impossible even in a better balanced offense than the Pats have.

I think starting 4 rookies on D, a lockout and the youngest D in the league in 2012 tie into how a D, ANY NFL team's D in those situations, might not feature a great pass D.

It's a passing league and any NCAA player now graduating to the NFL in this passing league, is in for a rude awakening by comparison. The Saints, Packers, etc lost key continuity in recent years and feature WORSE pass Ds. Do the math.

Balt's pass D next year? Will blow. Just watch. Giants lost some key players and continuity, just watch. 

All these newer defensive players all came in here at the same time. That's your problem, and many others as fans, who clearly have irrational expectations for how fast a D can be pieced together and developed. It's called continuity and you can draft a base from scratch, buy it like the Jets or you can do a little of both. BB has done both, but mostly through the draft and developing UDFA. I know WHY he did this and I love it. Thank you, BB.

Subsequently and alongside that, we had an offense that literally did our D NO FAVORS in games that were lower scoring and against good Ds. No favors. Christ, you and the Babe/Pezzy camp would demand a minimum of two turnovers by our D (which is what they did the last 2-3 years by the way), in order to even accept the D for what it was.

This was AS Brady was tossing 2 INTs in those games. He does that, and we can't fall on a fumble, we probably lose, and we do. 

This is why it became apparent that NE's offense shreds bad or mediocre Ds that play too much zone. When the time comes to combat a good or great D that plays a lot of man, our offense sucks.

That's correct...Sucks.  Brandon Lloyd put up gaudy stats with lesser QBs. So did Ocho Cinco, so it's not on them.  That was just proved as such.  The "elephant in the room" debates got out of hand, because you, Babe and Pezzy wouldn't concede realities. Not even a 1/6 in the red zone in Seattle with a lead and Brady INTs in a tough place to play would do it. Blowing a lead, started by a Brady INT with 40+ passes in Buffalo, which started these debates, wouldn't do it.

Face it, you're one of many newer fans who became gogly eyed with Brady to the point that you can't analyze things objectively.   You and I have butted heads on some topics and it's because you didn't like what I was saying, but you lost.

Brady was bad all the way back to the 2007 AFC title game.  He was subpar in SB 42. This isn't a new problem for Brady and the shift from the Weis base to the McDaniels/Brady base.  The other issue that may or not be an issue is that Brady and McDaniels are buddies.

2012 Defense was not the youngest in the league.  Let's get that lie out of the way right now.

The reason there is zero continuity on D is the constant turn over on D caused by bad draft choices and bad FA pick ups.  Worst than bad, actually.

BB cannot draft WR's or DB's and the pain is apparent.  Look at his recent BUSTS and there is no other conclusion.  No receivers except Moss and Welker since 2006, is something to be happy about.  Failure to secure even a mediocre back 4 is the elephant in the room.

Did it really take Parcells telling BB he needed to "FIX THE DAM D", to get the ball rolling?

These are the awesome receivers TB has had to work with?  He obviously had no problem developing players like Hern and Gronk who actually have talent.

The Offense leading the league in DROPS, is not a good thing to lead the league in.  Neither is one of the worst pass D's ever assembled on a SB team.  These are facts that seem to contradict your bloated and biased opinions.

Yup cuz, all NFL teams win the SB with drops in critical times and defenses that can't even muster one  3 & out or one RZ stop or one of their picks that they are so famous for.  Funny, I can't seem to remember one single team that has won that way.  Can you and your vast  knowledge help me out there?  I do seem to remember teams winning while throwing a pick, though.  Not ideal, but it has and will continue to be done.

Will there ever be a team that wins without a single defensive 3 & out or rz stop?  Doubt it as it's never been done before.  Reason being is that when your D sucks sooooooo bad, it forces your own QB to have to outplay another QB whose D does not suck sooooooo bad and has an easier task because he is playing against a D that sucks SOOOOOOO bad.

But you go ahead and keep polishing BB's knobs.  Maybe someday, you'll get that "raise" you "long" for, from him.  Maybe even a little bit of money too.

The best part of BB jettisoning Welker is seeing you now overly abuse JUST your Brady doll now since Wes is in Denver.  And watching you become unglued once you come in and ruin the other Pats' fans discussions. Looks like I spoke to soon.

Brady is not gay, Pezzy.  Just forget it.   No one cares that you wish to be his lover. We just don't care.

Is that when you started hating hm?  When you found out he wasn't gay?  Yup, I think so.

You're the one pining for Brady on this board on a daily basis and moaning above for some guy named "Grant".

lmao

Hardly ever mention Brady unless it's in defense of your countinous 24/7/365 bashing.

I prefer to discuss the pathetic, worst in the NFL, defense because that's what needs fixing.

Ask Parcells! 

Parcells destroyed every team he ever joined, and then running out 2-3 years later.  He is not one to talk. He has been a horrible cap era GM. Trading for Marshall, drafting Pat White, Ginn, Jake Long, etc, have all been disastrous. Vontae Davis isn't there anymore either.

Christ, Miami is still trying to fix his gaffes from 2009 and 2010 down there. LOL!

Who is "Grant" and what is BB advising?

BB takes Parcells advice? LOL!

BB INVENTED this formula he uses as a GM in this era. Meanwhile, Parcells tosses draft picks and then overpays for WRs who are bipolar.

Two differences between Parcells and BB as GMs in the cap era:

Salary allocation to the position and its importance.

Maturity/IQ levels of players drafted

Case closed.

Speaking of Bipolar.  How's your buddy Lloyd doing these days?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I think Rusty and True Champ need to head to Foxboro, corral Bill Belichick and teach him one or two things about how to coach a winning team.  I just want to be there to watch.

A unicycle would be all that's needed for that trip.

Mayo suks, Nink suks, McCourty suks, defense suks, BB can't draft.

There buddy, now I'm on your side! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey gang! And how are you today my horribly accenetd neighbors from the North!?

I see that the NE fan base is still reeling from the pats letting Welker go!Never mind you guys -I would be more worried about how your aging QB is dealing with the loss of Weker.

From early reports I understand old Tommy Boy is a bit peeved(even though he gave himself a 27 million$$ raise)about losing Welker.An aging and angry QB is no way to start the season. Especially when taking away the most productive player in the League! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

In response to sw4288's comment:

I look at the Seattle game where they barely used Ridley until the last 2 minutes, tried to use Bolden but when a run is stopped for no gain it's like ok now we're just going to spread em out. Brady threw something like 56 times in that game, and surprise, we lost. Wasn't the defenses best day either but the offense had the ball with the lead with less than 3 minutes left. That game drove me insane. I don't see how they can't see that and say okay we have to move away from this.

I hope your other 16 posts weren't as biased as this one.  Almost seems like it was written by a Brady hating Jets troll.  let's add some facts to the Seattle game.

1)  Seattle = best home field advantage.

2)  Raining

3)  Defensive collapse blows double digit lead Late in game (if that hasn' t been the norm the past 8 years).

Yeah, F that shrub Brady and HIS Game Plan

You forgot Brady staring down targets for multiple INTs with the lead.

They also had ran it for 245+ yards in the two previous games. One being on the road the other against the number 3 ranked defense in Denver. I'm not saying Brady is a shrub either.... He was lighting it up early in the game, but they figured him out and the offense was shut down in the second half. They had the lead and blew it. Whatever. In the past now. But I am a fan of this TEAM not one player exclusively. I am also a fan of good management and coaching and not being afraid to make the hard, yet right decision. This organization luckily exemplifies those qualities. I was a fan of this team pre- Brady and will be post Brady. Am I happy the success that he has brought to the team? YES. Do I think I think things can be improved, yes. So I hope that justifies that for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You are a bigger troll than Rusty.  Yeah his Brady bashing annoys me, but at least he f'ing talks about other pats related stuff from time to time.  Literally all you do is whine about Belichick and the defense.  It is getting old.  The Patriots defense has never been the worst in the NFL.  And they certainly haven't been the worst in the NFL for the past 6 years running or whatever bs you keep blathering on about.  Learn the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

You are a bigger troll than Rusty.  Yeah his Brady bashing annoys me, but at least he f'ing talks about other pats related stuff from time to time.  Literally all you do is whine about Belichick and the defense.  It is getting old.  The Patriots defense has never been the worst in the NFL.  And they certainly haven't been the worst in the NFL for the past 6 years running or whatever bs you keep blathering on about.  Learn the game.

haha +1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

haha +1

We had to try to give him what the market was willing to pay him. I really believe we were slightly above the market. At the same time, we know we have to improve our defense if we want to compete to make it to the playoffs. That’s what we’ve done. Unfortunately, Wes was a casualty – both sides weren’t able to get it done. It takes two sides to get a deal done.”

Ya, HA HA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Worst D to ever play in a SB.  Fact!  Learn the game!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

After six years with the Patriots, he knows everything anyone could possibly know about the offense. and his special connection to Brady gives the Denver defense a big advantage against the Patriots. He'll probably spend more time in defense meetings than offense. So will the Patiots have to change things up against Denver. I say yes.

Hey Gamer, what happened to your thread?

I think that most teams already have a pretty good read on what the Patriots do on offense. Welker could probably help with player tendencies/weaknesses.

I also think that the Patriots will have to change things up anyway to suit the new receiving corps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Agreed, he has always been this way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

After six years with the Patriots, he knows everything anyone could possibly know about the offense. and his special connection to Brady gives the Denver defense a big advantage against the Patriots. He'll probably spend more time in defense meetings than offense. So will the Patiots have to change things up against Denver. I say yes.

Hey Gamer, what happened to your thread?

I think that most teams already have a pretty good read on what the Patriots do on offense. Welker could probably help with player tendencies/weaknesses.

I also think that the Patriots will have to change things up anyway to suit the new receiving corps.

Hey digger thanks for your response,, I guess my thread was a little misleading caus it took off in a direction I didn't expect. but at least you read it and understand what my point was I just think Welker will be able to give so much info on Patriots that it should be called welkergate!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I think Rusty and True Champ need to head to Foxboro, corral Bill Belichick and teach him one or two things about how to coach a winning team.  I just want to be there to watch.

A unicycle would be all that's needed for that trip.

Mayo suks, Nink suks, McCourty suks, defense suks, BB can't draft.

There buddy, now I'm on your side! 

I never criticized BB about his drafting.  In fact I started a thread last year using a CHFF article that shows BB has had been very good over the years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Maybe for the game against the donkos, but it shouldn't matter. Welker will get pounded so bad when they play this year, especially with all the he said, she said crap going on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, Jeeze

You're one to talk.  You spent the last 2 years talking about how the Pats needed to run more and their problems not being a lack of talent, but how bad O'Brian was as an OC.

Funny, you've been really quiet about that since they actually did run a lot more and McD scr#wed the pooch and they won nothing  except one play-off game, with all your needed changes.

Guess that wasn't the problem after all.

And your wrong, I used to defend the D and BB and make excuses for them like some on here have been doing for the past half to 3/4th of a decade, only there came a point where I couldn't do that anymore.  The excuses aren't changing a darn thing.

TB needs a Defense to help the team win, as do all QB's.   That's not speculation, or an excuse,  it's a fact.

I'll be more than happy to change my tune when and if that ever happens. 

Until then, it is what it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's funny seeing Rusty get owned time and again in another thread.  Rusty will argue about anything and everything.  If it wasn't Rusty's idea then expect an argument from him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

lmao

Ask Parcells! 

thats ok pezz...deep down in that dark place russ never talks about he knows parcells was the master and bellichick his disciple

go easy on him b/c it absolutely kills him to admit this

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Oh so have you changed your mind about the Pats having the worst defense in the NFL for 6 years running or are you just shifting the goalposts after being exposed as a liar?  You really are just trolling at this point, but I'll play along.  Actually the worst defensive performance in SB history probably has to go to the Denver Broncos in SB XXII.  They gave up 602 yards, 42 points and allowed the Skins to end the game in the 2nd quarter when they gave up a SB record 35 points.  Nobody will confuse the Patriots defense with the 85 Bears, but your D bashing is completely overboard.  Maybe arguing with Rusty has addled your brain.  Learn the game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh, Jeeze

You're one to talk.  You spent the last 2 years talking about how the Pats needed to run more and their problems not being a lack of talent, but how bad O'Brian was as an OC.

Funny, you've been really quiet about that since they actually did run a lot more and McD scr#wed the pooch and they won nothing  except one play-off game, with all your needed changes.

Guess that wasn't the problem after all.

And your wrong, I used to defend the D and BB and make excuses for them like some on here have been doing for the past half to 3/4th of a decade, only there came a point where I couldn't do that anymore.  The excuses aren't changing a darn thing.

TB needs a Defense to help the team win, as do all QB's.   That's not speculation, or an excuse,  it's a fact.

I'll be more than happy to change my tune when and if that ever happens. 

Until then, it is what it is.

Do you know what these numbers refer to?

14 points scored in 07 SB

17 points scored in 11 SB

13 points scored in 12 afc HOME championship game.

The defense has been a work in progress for years. The O however scores 35 ppg for years. Excpet in the biggest games...then they score 14.5 ppg. Soak it in.

Save your time responding....I remember now I never accounted for the perpendicular angles of the sun, the DVRPWXYZ as well as the ESW247. After evaluating these I realize.....it's the defense's fault the offense has sucked on the biggest stages. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Oh so have you changed your mind about the Pats having the worst defense in the NFL for 6 years running or are you just shifting the goalposts after being exposed as a liar?  You really are just trolling at this point, but I'll play along.  Actually the worst defensive performance in SB history probably has to go to the Denver Broncos in SB XXII.  They gave up 602 yards, 42 points and allowed the Skins to end the game in the 2nd quarter when they gave up a SB record 35 points.  Nobody will confuse the Patriots defense with the 85 Bears, but your D bashing is completely overboard.  Maybe arguing with Rusty has addled your brain.  Learn the game.

Bravo!

About time someone else exposed this liar as well. Good work, PC.

His brain has been addled alright.  Bludgeoned.  Phat Rex, Mt Hurl/Cupcake and RKarp know the feeling as well.

Liar?  No that would be you.  Bludgeoned?  You, again.  Who was the youngest D in the NFL again last year.  Oh, did you really mean conference?  Grow up!

You, calling anyone a liar is the biggest joke of all.

Have not changed my mind one bit.  Breaking records for all the wrong reasons is not a measure of a good D.  The FACT that they had the worst DPR of any play-off team EVER, confirms it.  That was determined BEFORE the play-offs and held true, throughout.

Once again, name another SB team with Zero 3 & outs and Zero RZ stops or a D that stayed on the field for 2/3rds of the game?  It doesn't happen.

You can't expect a victory with that kind of performance.

This is not a matter of one or even a few bad games, it is the expected result of bad games over a period of years, not unlike your pathetic behavior resulting in the bannings you get.  It's become too predictable and tiring.

Some of us are tired of conceding a loss after TB walks off the field with the lead with seconds left in the game.

Did any one here EXPECT the D to make a game ending stop in the SB or any of the close games for that matter?  Nope!  That is a problem and a result of watching the same failure, year after year after year.

Now, go get yourself banned again, speaking of over the top! LMAO@U