Now The Pats Are Looking To Trade Out Of The 1st Rd.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Now The Pats Are Looking To Trade Out Of The 1st Rd.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/pats-looking-to-get-out-of-round-one/

I guess nobody wanted to give up there spots to the pats.go figure.there has to be some smoke screens going on here,or media rumors.you have some saying they are tradeing up to get tyson jackson,and now one that is saying they want out of the 1st rd.come 4:00 it will get intreasting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Now The Pats Are Looking To Trade Out Of The 1st Rd.

The Patriots organization is so tight-lipped that you can't believe anything you hear in the media.  When they do "leak" information, it's usually just a smokescreen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

ALL PART OF A SMOKE SCREEN

THIS IS SO FREAKING EXCITING I CANT WAIT ANOTHER 6 1/2 HOURS .
    IM ABOUT TO EXPLODE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

ALL PART OF A SMOKE SCREEN THIS IS SO FREAKING EXCITING I CANT WAIT ANOTHER 6 1/2 HOURS . IM ABOUT TO EXPLODE
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

you,and me both.i have some Ribs that i had marinateing over night stacked on a plate.getting ready to BBQ.add burgers,and some sausage,beer on ice.why did they change the time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/pats-looking-to-get-out-of-round-one/ I guess nobody wanted to give up there spots to the pats.go figure.there has to be some smoke screens going on here,or media rumors.you have some saying they are tradeing up to get tyson jackson,and now one that is saying they want out of the 1st rd.come 4:00 it will get intreasting.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Personally I thought 23 and 58 very tradable.  I thought they might move up for Maualuga but talk started coming out about him being a two down LB.  I thought they might stay around for Matthews too but the more I found out about Matthews I didn't think he was worth the pick.
    The other item to this equation is they have to find a buyer that will give them what they want in return.  This is always easier said than done.  #23 is going to be a hard sell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

you,and me both.i have some Ribs that i had marinateing over night stacked on a plate.getting ready to BBQ.add burgers,and some sausage,beer on ice.why did they change the time?
    Posted by mosseffect43

tHEY CHANGED IT SO fans like us can get our food ready in time for the start of the draft.

Me too man, i got 8lbs of steak tips marinating, burgers dogs and bbq chicken....GREAT DAY FOR GRILLING and watching the Draft and RED SOX.
    i will have 2 TVS going at once,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

ESPN is reporting BB is trying to trade down so that he can draft Mr. Irrelevant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Everyone will find out at the same time (us and these so called insiders) what BB is going to do.  That's the beauty of this whole process.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Smokescreen?  I don't get it.  How does starting a trade rumor change what another team will do?  I would be more worried if I'm drafting after the Pats because that means someone is after my guy.  Then who would really care.  In this draft #23 it where the 2nd round really starts talentwise.  If you need someone you can find it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The only way this gets better is tomorrow when the Celtics join the fray,I got my money on a move out of #23 either way up or down.If it's out its for future pick/picks,If it's up its for Crabtree.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

As Sun-Tzu says in "Art of War", warfare is all about deception. You deceive and make feints.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I hope not and I don't think they will. It doesn't make sense. They have too many picks as it is. There is no way 11 picks make this roster. Why add more picks? Now, if they want to trade into next years draft, it would make alot more sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

where is Adam Schefter when you need him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Smokescreen?  I don't get it.  How does starting a trade rumor change what another team will do?  I would be more worried if I'm drafting after the Pats because that means someone is after my guy.  Then who would really care.  In this draft #23 it where the 2nd round really starts talentwise.  If you need someone you can find it.
    Posted by garytx

A trade up rumor, combined with feigned interest in a particular player could force other players down the line. But I sincerely doubt it would be worth the time and trouble hoping for the appropriate chain reaction from #8 all the way down to #23.

A trade down rumor does nothing at all. That isn't a smoke screen. I think it is another case of over-reaching at PFT. I mean  . . what was their source? Was it just a guess? If so it means nothing other than the obivous that #23 is kind of awkward for Ne this season based on needs and available talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

If Curry slips to 8-10 BB has to consider moving up.

I am all for trading up for Jackson or Jenkins but not into the top 8-10. Jackson going in the top 5 is another case of a draft pick rising into the top 10 for no apparent reason based on his game tapes and based on the buzz even a month ago.

Jenkins is another story. If he ran a 4.46 instead of a 4.56 he would be a top 10 pick for sure. Based on his game tapes, he is the better football player in my opinion and for the most part OSU db's are solid pros..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

If Curry slips to 8-10 BB has to consider moving up. I am all for trading up for Jackson or Jenkins but not into the top 8-10. Jackson going in the top 5 is another case of a draft pick rising into the top 10 for no apparent reason based on his game tapes and based on the buzz even a month ago. Jenkins is another story. If he ran a 4.46 instead of a 4.56 he would be a top 10 pick for sure. Based on his game tapes, he is the better football player in my opinion and for the most part OSU db's are solid pros..
    Posted by No1BadGuy

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/chiefs-leaning-tyson-jackson/

maybe the cheifs grab tyson,and turn around and trade him to the pats.the pats were rumored to wanting to move up,and the cheifs wanting to move down.and if the pats were really wanting tyson,the sure bet would be for pioli to get him for them.just another crazy scenirio.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

where is Adam Schefter when you need him?
    Posted by mosseffect43

Isn't he now working for ESPN? I don't visit their site or watch their channel, so I'm not sure. But he's not at NFLN. Such a waste! He was one of the decent ones, and had lots of contacts. He might lose some of that working for those morons!

maybe the cheifs grab tyson,and turn around and trade him to the pats.the pats were rumored to wanting to move up,and the cheifs wanting to move down.and if the pats were really wanting tyson,the sure bet would be for pioli to get him for them.just another crazy scenirio.

Or they could just trade the 23 and KC's old 34 for their #3. The media idiots in Bristol would be all over that one for sure, citing collusion. Although I'd love to see Jackson (or Curry, for that matter) wind up in NE! I suppose stranger things have happened. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised tonight, whatever way they choose to go. All the hoopla was driving me nuts. Three more hours and we'll know for sure!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Who knows what the Pats will do. But, I rather see them sacrifice quantity for quality. Getting a pass-rushing OLB/DE would be nice, but not necessarily essential. They can always sign Jason Taylor after the draft.

Take the best players available. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

IM starting to get nervous now.a lot of great players that were in the pats reach.if they trade out of there 1st rd pick,im gonna explode.if anything they should trade for a player with there no 23.we waited all day long for the draft,and it wasnt to see them trade it away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i had a feeling with the cap situation.this stinks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

At least we will have 15 second Round Picks.  It's not like we need LBs or anything.

Sections
Shortcuts