Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms

I know i might be getting gready.  I still think the pats need these guys to make it a complete team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms

In Response to Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms:
    [QUOTE]I know i might be getting gready.  I still think the pats need these guys to make it a complete team. 
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]

As much as I love Crump, he may be expendable if Lee Smith is indeed the blocking beast everyone says he is. And the drafting of 2 RBs along with the re-signing of Sammy Morris seems to indicate they won't be that aggressive going after Law Firm.

But I would like to see Light and Warren signed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats don't need Crump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The pats need Crumpler for his leadership.  He is a great locker room presence. 
    The offensive line is in transition this year.  They need him to help block and stablize the line.  His value is too great to let go at this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Crump is already under contract and of course we need him.

Crump was reported to not only be a leader in the locker room but to also be a mentor to both Hernandez and Gronk. Many have said that their success has been in part because of working with Crump.

For what they are currently paying him he is worth every dollar to give him another year to work with Gronk and Hernandez and train his replacement in Smith. Well worth every dollar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Crump was your best blocking tight end. If teams start to use the Jets playoff win game plan then the Patriots are going to need a running game that will dictate bringing the safety up to help open the middle. Crump makes the running game work. I don't know how many times we saw highlights of his great blocks opening big holes. He's also one of the leaders in on the sidelines teaching the other tightends. It would be a big loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

correct me if im wrogn but wasnt crump also a off captian last year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from geadie5025. Show geadie5025's posts

In Response to Re: Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms:
    [QUOTE]Crump is already under contract and of course we need him. Crump was reported to not only be a leader in the locker room but to also be a mentor to both Hernandez and Gronk. Many have said that their success has been in part because of working with Crump. For what they are currently paying him he is worth every dollar to give him another year to work with Gronk and Hernandez and train his replacement in Smith. Well worth every dollar
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from geadie5025. Show geadie5025's posts

In Response to Re: Now we just need Crumpler, Light, BJGE, and G. Warren to agree to terms:
    [QUOTE]Crump is already under contract and of course we need him. Crump was reported to not only be a leader in the locker room but to also be a mentor to both Hernandez and Gronk. Many have said that their success has been in part because of working with Crump. For what they are currently paying him he is worth every dollar to give him another year to work with Gronk and Hernandez and train his replacement in Smith. Well worth every dollar
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]correct me if im wrogn but wasnt crump also a off captian last year
    Posted by Ac3boogi3[/QUOTE]

Yes, after Moss was traded he was voted an offensive captain. I agree that Smith replicates Crumpler's skill set however his leadership with the three young tight ends is essential. I say he makes the 53 and the Pats carry 4 TE's. Wouldn't be surprised to see him restructure to lower his 2.4 Mil cap hit.

I expect to have Light back, Gerard as well. I also believe BJGE will be back. 1,000 yard rushers that don't fumble and block well don't grow on trees. He is the starting running back hands down with Woodhead, Vereen, Ridley, and Morris (maybe Faulk?) playing behind him.

I'm still waiting on Roth. He is a great fit for this team and I haven't heard his name mentioned at all during this frenzy. That has to be a good sign.

As for Arrington, I hope he returns, but we can't get greedy. Is there even room to sign Light, Gerard, BJGE, Arrington, and Roth? Not counting Faulk, Page, or McGowan as well...Heck, if the Jets can weasel their way around the salary cap so can we.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

BJGE is a restricted FA. Unless someone offers us a draft pick for him( I think its a first round tender) then BJGE is back a patriot.

Crump is under contract.

I read on several websites that Light is in discussion with our Patriots.

Honestly, I think getting Lawson or Roth would put the icing on the cake if you will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I would let Light walk.  Keep Kaczur who is under contract.  Move Seabass to left until Soldier is up to speed.  Light will cost them big money and limit their ability to sign other free agents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFan54. Show PatFan54's posts

I think they re-sign Light, cut Kaczur, sign Roth, re-sign BGE, sign Warren (If reports of Stroud being cut are true, but who knows since it came from that unreliable rag the herald, lower case intended). Faulk may not make the team (older and Vareen and Woodhead are similar backs minus his blocking/experience), and I think they re-sign Page , and cut McGowan.

Is Arrington not still under contract?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

First off, BJGE will be replaced on the field by Vereen. In any case, while he is a hard working, dependable player he is not the answer. Vereen will be a very good player.

Some commentors have played down Crumplers role. He is exceptional. Chris Johnson's 2000 season wuld not have happened without Crumpler. Last year I think his running yards were around 700 yards less - without Crumpler. And the Pats running game took a big step forward with Crumpler. I saw every game and his blocking for the run was time and again responsible for solid yards. A rookie is unlikely to duplicate this. Perhaps and hopefully in time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]First off, BJGE will be replaced on the field by Vereen. In any case, while he is a hard working, dependable player he is not the answer. Vereen will be a very good player. Some commentors have played down Crumplers role. He is exceptional. Chris Johnson's 2000 season wuld not have happened without Crumpler. Last year I think his running yards were around 700 yards less - without Crumpler. And the Pats running game took a big step forward with Crumpler. I saw every game and his blocking for the run was time and again responsible for solid yards. A rookie is unlikely to duplicate this. Perhaps and hopefully in time.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

So what makes you think that a rookie TE can't block like Crumpler can, but a rookie running back can step in and take over for BJGE? Kind of a contraadiction, don't you think? The Patriots advantage over other teams coming into this season off of the lockout is their continuity at Coach, QB, and system. This was a 14-2 team last year so I see no reason not to try to keep last year's players together along with some of the new additions to help improve/fill holes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]First off, BJGE will be replaced on the field by Vereen. In any case, while he is a hard working, dependable player he is not the answer. Vereen will be a very good player. Some commentors have played down Crumplers role. He is exceptional. Chris Johnson's 2000 season wuld not have happened without Crumpler. Last year I think his running yards were around 700 yards less - without Crumpler. And the Pats running game took a big step forward with Crumpler. I saw every game and his blocking for the run was time and again responsible for solid yards. A rookie is unlikely to duplicate this. Perhaps and hopefully in time.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

BJGE and Vereen are two different types of RB's. BJGE is more of a 1st/2nd down back. He'll get you a solid 4yrds per carry and not lose you yards or cough up the ball. Vereen is more of the homerun threat 2nd/3rd down type of back. Ridley is closer to BJGE then Vereen is. But, neither Vereen nor BJGE are #1 backs which is great for our system. Both will excel in their roles. The best way to think about our RB core is RB by committee really. We have a wide range of RB's who can tear up a D when put into their proper situations.

BTW we still haven't seen what Vereen can do yet. We know what BJGE can do so until Vereen has a full season under his belt you aren't going to replace a 1000yrd back with a rook quite yet

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd like to see Crump's contract restructured and keep him. Beside the mentoring and leadership aspects, he is a fantastic blocker. Our rookie TE might be a good blocker, but he is not Crump. I can't think of another TE in recent memory that can block as good. With that said, there is still Maneri hanging out there. What do the Pats have in store for him? Heck if you want a blocker/big body on the line, we coudl also use Maneri. he can also catch.

As excited as I am to have CJ on the team, I really hope the Pats run it down opposing D's throats. We have the personnel to go very big, or quick, and I want to see us control the game via a potent running attack this year. This will be one way to offset anything the Jets do if they acquire Aso. I can't imagine what this line will look like when Solder comes up to speed, and Cannon is ready to go. We will be massive. Just have to replace Koppen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Crump, Sanders, Koppen and Kaczur stand out as potential renegotiations. Other than Koppen, what percent of snaps will each of the other 3 see? Crump and Sanders 30%? Kaczur 10%.
    The other issue is Haynesworth is against the cap at over $5mil, all of which is not guaranteed if cut.  

Sections
Shortcuts