Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters.....

Wonder if he knows about Greg Williams history over the years and others as to purposely targeting players.....?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters.....

It's a bit of gamesmanship.

It goes back to when Seymour was listed as porbable for a game against the Raider (ironic), then didn't even travel with the team. The Raiders raised unholy h e l l over this, and the NFL changed their reporting policies. Which BB has been thumbing his nose at ever since by listing practically the whole team some weeks, and Brady - right shoulder, every week for....what? 6 years now?

Belichick is a master of information, and tries to give as little as possible. Whether or not the other team is going to try and reinjure something, all teams can gain something by knowing a WR has a bad hammy, or a RB has a dinged up shoulder. Less is more in BB's world in this respect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

And I for one am glad he does...........he gets it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

wow good point very interesting

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters.....:
    And I for one am glad he does...........he gets it...
    Posted by TheMaskedAvenger

It's surprising how few actually get it.

He is one of the most professional coaches in sports when many run around looking for the spotlight and attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You dont think that all the teams that have played us for the last 7 years haven't targeted Tom Brady's right shoulder?  I have my doubts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You dont think that all the teams that have played us for the last 7 years haven't targeted Tom Brady's right shoulder?  I have my doubts.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Every QB in the league is a target, period. I don't think knowing he has a bum shoulder gives the D anything. Now, if a mobile QB has a bum leg, THAT info is valuable. They can target it all they want, but there's no way to really go after it with all the rules the NFL has in place for QBs nowadays. THe shoulder is dangerously close to the head after all. Oh, and you can't "drive" a qb to the ground. Or scoop his legs from under him. Really anything. I think you're supposed to get to him, and ask if he'll lay down. Not saying please may result in a penalty as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Which BB has been thumbing his nose at ever since by listing practically the whole team some weeks, and Brady - right shoulder, every week for....what? 6 years now? Belichick is a master of information, and tries to give as little as possible. Whether or not the other team is going to try and reinjure something, all teams can gain something by knowing a WR has a bad hammy, or a RB has a dinged up shoulder. Less is more in BB's world in this respect.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

ma6dragon~

You yourself, are able to recognize (from above), that just as sometimes "Less is More," Belichick understands that an equally successful countering strategy can be deployed by flooding the openly revealed knowledge of Info Channels, with so much excessive and competing information as possible.  A VERY successful trick in all:  Who should we target?  Well, ALL 53 guys are listed on the injury report in 1 form or another...so???  Well, I DO know that this critically important top-notch performer guy DID in fact have a knee injury...But see, that was back in 2002, so He's been on the injury report ever since, and for every week even????  Know, I DO know that this 1 guy had a noteable hand/thumb injury earlier this season...it actually kept him out of a game or two- He's listed as "possible";  Soooo, why IS it that the guy whom the local team's weekly sport's journalist, wrote jammed his thumb in last monday's practice, came back 3 minutes later, and fully practiced the entire week...and did the same after playing in the game and practicing the next week-  WHY again, Is he too, listed with "Thumb/hand" and "possible" on the IR list???

Very often, "More is also More."  This is why our coach is a Jedi...      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters..... : ma6dragon ~ You yourself, are able to recognize (from above), that just as sometimes "Less is More," Belichick understands that an equally successful countering strategy can be deployed by flooding the openly revealed knowledge of Info Channels, with so much excessive and competing information as possible.  A VERY successful trick in all:  Who should we target?  Well, ALL 53 guys  are listed on the injury report in 1 form or another...so???  Well, I DO know that this critically important top-notch performer guy DID in fact have a knee injury...But see, that was back in 2002, so He's been on the injury report ever since , and for every week even????  Know, I DO know that this 1 guy had a noteable hand/thumb injury earlier this season...it actually kept him out of a game or two- He's listed as "possible";  Soooo, why IS it that the guy whom the local team's weekly sport's journalist, wrote jammed his thumb in last monday's practice, came back 3 minutes later, and fully practiced the entire week...and did the same after playing in the game and practicing the next week-  WHY again, Is  he too , listed with "Thumb/hand" and "possible" on the IR list??? Very often, " More is also More ."  This is why our coach is a Jedi...      
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Strong with the reports are you, mmm, yes.

You're 100% right. He utilizes many tactics. BB is never predictable. In fact, I wonder if he just takes random turns when travelling home at night, creating new routes every time. You know, there could be a detour one day, and he'll have practiced the alternate route already.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The injury list problem goes all the way back to Michael Vick being listed as "probable", with a 90% chance of playing by definition, when the Falcons knew perfectly well that he wasn't going to play against the Patriots.  The commish didn't slap anybody's wrist.  After that, BB had a policy of never listing anyone as probable or doubtful.  They were always "questionable" or 50-50, because then opposing coaches had to prepare for the guy.  Soon dozens of "questionable" Patriots players were listed, and some played while others sat.  The commish never slapped BB's wrist. 

One exception:  BB began to always list Tom Brady as "probable".  True, he had an injury, but he always played.  This may have been to tweak the commish for years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Now we know why BB limits injury list..if any doubters.....":
    The injury list problem goes all the way back to Michael Vick being listed as "probable", with a 90% chance of playing by definition, when the Falcons knew perfectly well that he wasn't going to play against the Patriots.  The commish didn't slap anybody's wrist.  After that, BB had a policy of never listing anyone as probable or doubtful.  They were always "questionable" or 50-50, because then opposing coaches had to prepare for the guy.  Soon dozens of "questionable" Patriots players were listed, and some played while others sat.  The commish never slapped BB's wrist.  One exception:  BB began to always list Tom Brady as "probable".  True, he had an injury, but he always played.  This may have been to tweak the commish for years. Posted by Paul_K
    BB lists people as probable every week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is a component of the way BB does business.  He provides the absolute minimum of information possible.  Does his best to keep the opposing team guessing and also makes for a pretty boring press conference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is a component of the way BB does business.  He provides the absolute minimum of information possible.  Does his best to keep the opposing team guessing and also makes for a pretty boring press conference.
    Posted by ATJ

I'm a freak, but I enjoy his press conferences. It's fun watching all these pencil jockeys ask the same question different ways, and the "are you really this stupid" looks they get from the coach.

Then at t he end, when he's said nothing, just kind of stares around the room..."Soooo, we're done here? Ok...."

I hope whoever takes the job once he's gone in 30-40 years handles it the exact same way. Yes, I fully expect him to coach past the century mark.

I honestly have hope his son will stick with the organization. He's been at Bill's side for a few years basically doing an internship with his Father. Go watch tapes, especially in preseason games and camps, and there's that 20 year old blond kid following him around with a clipboard, BB mentioning little things here and there all day. Another few years of that, then maybe an entry level position somewhere in his late 20s? Maybe he's also Working with Dante, who must be getting close to retirement. He predates, BB, Kraft....he may predate facemasks. He's been in Foxborough forever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Posted by ATJ

I for one like BB press conferences, I like his poker face, and his short uninformative answers that leaves the reporters scrambling for ways to decipher the master code. BB makes a mockery of the injury list and goodell , he doesn't like to give an advantage to the competition by providing the REAL information of one of his players injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I listen to every BB press conference I can and don't dislike them, necessarily, but if you're looking for insight it ain't the place to go.  Believe me, I am the last guy to criticize BB.  His approach has kept my favorite football team competitive for a very long time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB, when he doesn't have to hide something from every opposing coach, says what he thinks, and you can learn things about BB's style.  Just get over the whole coach secrecy thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BB is second in pressers to the Tuna. Parcells used to crack me up in his press conferences

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

BB is second in pressers to the Tuna. Parcells used to crack me up in his press conferences
    Posted by Philskiw1

I hated the way Parcells left here, but his press conferences were often times better than the game itself. I think Belichick is the better coach, but I think if heaven forbid he ever starts losing aroung here - those press conferences he gives won't fly for very long. When you win everything is all good, but when you lose...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hated the way Parcells left here, but his press conferences were often times better than the game itself. I think Belichick is the better coach, but I think if heaven forbid he ever starts losing aroung here - those press conferences he gives won't fly for very long. When you win everything is all good, but when you lose...

100% in agreement. I don't see him losing for a while if he keeps working the draft and Fa like he does. I wonder what the outcry will be when we only have 7 draft picks one year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The 'next' QB will go a long way towards proving BB is THE greatest coach ever, or just a good coach who benefitted from having one of the best QBs of all time.

I think he has honestly figured it out. He has a system in place that puts competitive teams on the field year in and year out. He has job security so no need to deviate from what he believes in. He has an owner who trusts him completely, so he's given freedom to do what he feels neccessary. Only old age will knock him from the sidelines.

Sections
Shortcuts