NT available..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

NT available..

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles have "floated" NT Isaac Sopoaga as a trade candidate to other teams in addition to DE Vinny Curry.

A 50-percent player for Chip Kelly's 3-4 defense, Sopoaga has graded out negatively in Pro Football Focus' ratings. He wouldn't fetch more than a day-three pick.  

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: NT available..

We've presented the argument about why it makes sense for the Atlanta Falcons to trade Tony Gonzalez by Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Why do you love football? Share your story and you could win a VIP Super Bowl XLVIII trip.

It's not happening, coach Mike Smith said as much himself. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported again on Monday that the Falcons had no interest in trading Gonzalez. 

It was a foolish pipe dream for us to think that the greatest tight end in NFL history would get traded to a contender, so he could chase a Super Bowl ring, instead of finishing his illustrious career on a team forked in the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Gets, I dont think Sopoaga is better tahn what we got here. He is just a big blob to stick in the middle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gets, I dont think Sopoaga is better tahn what we got here. He is just a big blob to stick in the middle.

[/QUOTE]

Run support?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Curry would tweak my interest......if Philly was serious about moving him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need DTs, not NTs. We need Tackles that can get up field and break the pocket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Run support?

[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think the Pats can find guys that have his level of talent or higher elsewhere. I think the DT status is alright for now, Kelly and Armstead need to get healthy quick though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Getz, we need a big body as run support in a bad way. Vellano and Jones have done an good job in passing downs pushing the pocket but they are a massive gap RB's run through. We've seen when other teams control ToP we are in trouble and good postseason teams have good enough running games to control ToP. We need a big body just to stop teams from running between the tackles

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Getz, we need a big body as run support in a bad way. Vellano and Jones have done an good job in passing downs pushing the pocket but they are a massive gap RB's run through. We've seen when other teams control ToP we are in trouble and good postseason teams have good enough running games to control ToP. We need a big body just to stop teams from running between the tackles

[/QUOTE]

I really wasn't saying yes or no as I don't really now the guy, but I think a runner stuffing DT is needed regardless... You think he in-particular fits? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really wasn't saying yes or no as I don't really now the guy, but I think a runner stuffing DT is needed regardless... You think he in-particular fits? 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not as fond of him as I am Shaun Rogers from the Giants or McLendon from Pitt. But, if he's what's available for run stuffers I'd take him. At worst he just has to give what Love use to give on running downs and I think he's capable of that much. I just wouldn't want him on passing downs as he just won't move from that spot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not as fond of him as I am Shaun Rogers from the Giants or McLendon from Pitt. But, if he's what's available for run stuffers I'd take him. At worst he just has to give what Love use to give on running downs and I think he's capable of that much. I just wouldn't want him on passing downs as he just won't move from that spot

[/QUOTE]

Well there it is... where is Love?  Something must be really wrong with this kid, hope he's ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Sopoaga could be a nice add.  Cheap this year because of the half season.  If he plays well he is reasonably priced the next 2 seasons.  If not he can be cut with no consequence.  Hopefully nothing more than a late round pick though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sopoaga could be a nice add.  Cheap this year because of the half season.  If he plays well he is reasonably priced next season.  If not he can be cut with no consequence.  Hopefully nothing more than a late round pick though.

[/QUOTE]

Eagles signed NT Isaac Sopoaga to a three-year deal worth nearly $12 million, with $5 million guaranteed. Rather than blowing their wad on a Dashon Goldson or Sean Smith, the Eagles are trying to rebuild their roster by simply adding good football players. Sopoaga is a two-down nose tackle, but should help shore up Philly's run defense at 6-foot-2 and 330 pounds -- fire hydrant size. He'll anchor the new 3-4 defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Did we get this guy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did we get this guy?

[/QUOTE]

looks like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did we get this guy?

[/QUOTE]

looks like it.

[/QUOTE]

Pac man threatening Nelson, huh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Schefty says the deal is done.  Says we also get a pick and traded a higher pick.  Hopefully it is a later one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sopoaga to Pats with a 6th round pick for a 5th rounder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reiss reporting we traded a 5th rounder for Sopoaga and a 6th.  Good deal imo.  Guy is getting paid peanuts this year and if he sucks we can cut him and lose nothing.  If he plays half decent maybe he stays or we rework him since he has no guaranteed money left.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

6th and Sopoaga for a 5th. Not a bad deal at a position of need. Like to see Sanders too but I'll take it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This sounds like a solid deal for Pats.  Got a plugger we needed and only had to swap a low 5 for a high 6th...  Win - win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did we get this guy?

[/QUOTE]

looks like it.

[/QUOTE]

Pac man threatening Nelson, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Nelson said it was a non story. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

This sounds like a solid deal for Pats.  Got a plugger we needed and only had to swap a low 5 for a high 6th...  Win - win.

[/QUOTE]

I think he has a lot of guaranteed money coming to him.  I heard $5M.  Not sure how much of it was already paid but it is a salary dump move on the iggles part.  Surprised you all didnt get a WR but DL was a def need as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots acquired NT Isaac Sopoaga and a 2014 sixth-round pick in exchange from the Eagles for a 2014 fifth-round pick.

ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported that a trade was close. In the first season of a three-year, $11 million deal, Sopoaga was struggling for the Eagles, but provides some much needed heft up front for the Patriots. He'll be tasked with shoring up the Patriots' run defense in the absence of NT Vince Wilfork. Sopoaga's acquisition is a sign DT Tommy Kelly (knee) isn't close to a return.  

Does this really mean Kelly is not ready?  I mean we have 4 DT's now.. I see this more as depth then anything else.     Jones,  Jones/Kelly,  Vellano/Sopoaga,  Nink....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he has a lot of guaranteed money coming to him.  I heard $5M.  Not sure how much of it was already paid but it is a salary dump move on the iggles part.  Surprised you all didnt get a WR but DL was a def need as well.

[/QUOTE]

MikeReiss  Mike Reiss
    On Isaac Sopoaga, he signed 3-year deal with Eagles this year. Sopoaga is making $1m in 2013, $3.75m in 2014 and $3.5m in 2015.

Sections
Shortcuts