NT available..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: NT available..

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:

I think he has a lot of guaranteed money coming to him.  I heard $5M.  Not sure how much of it was already paid but it is a salary dump move on the iggles part.  Surprised you all didnt get a WR but DL was a def need as well.

He isn't owed anything.  There is no guaranteed money left on his contract.  The Eagles basically gave him to us to move up a few spots in the later rounds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I guess I should started this thread with his name, there is like 50 thread on this now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Just to reiterate.  We are paying this guy 529 K for the remainder of the year.  He has two more years at 3.75 million on his contract neither of which are guaranteed.  This is probably a half season rental unless he plays out of his mind or agrees to some kind of new deal, but considering we gave up a late 5th for a mid 6th the cost to the team was basically zero.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

To be honest, I think the Pats can find guys that have his level of talent or higher elsewhere. I think the DT status is alright for now, Kelly and Armstead need to get healthy quick though.

He has played at a pretty decent level in the past. It may be that he needs to be surrounded by better players than the Eagles have. We'll find out soon enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1254626-san-francisco-49ers-nt-isaac-sopoaga-deserves-a-bumper-new-contract-after-2012

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

OK, I will put the word in to my people in the front office

OK , done deal, he is signed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

We need DTs, not NTs. We need Tackles that can get up field and break the pocket.

I believe Jones fits that bill but they need a run stopper in the middle.  Someone to clog things up.  Paid very little for Sopoaga and I believe he will help out in that regard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

This is a no lose deal - by the late fifth round/early sixth round the draft picks are more guess work than talent evaluation so Pat's gave up nothing for a guy that up until this year was playing very well. And the situation in Philly was pretty messy on defense - new scheme new coaching and lots of players learning new possitions/responsibilities - pretty tough situation to shine. If he doesn't work out - no harm no foul - if he does - brilliant move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Gets, I dont think Sopoaga is better tahn what we got here. He is just a big blob to stick in the middle.

Run support?

Gez, now that it has happened I hope your right and I am wrong!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Gets, I dont think Sopoaga is better tahn what we got here. He is just a big blob to stick in the middle.

Really, you get on me talking about a players injury then you blast this guy as being a "Blob"?  Tlak about people who live in glass houses, pal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Really, you get on me talking about a players injury then you blast this guy as being a "Blob"?  Tlak about people who live in glass houses, pal.

Rico there is a huuuge difference between being joyous over Brian Waters injury (like you were in your thread) and feeling a guy is nothing more than a big body a.k.a blob. Arent you wanted back in your home team ganggreen forum?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This trade cost the Pats perhaps 15 positions in an area of the draft where virtually every pick is an exercise in guesswork.  If he works out wonderful - if he doesn't hardly a big deal.

Sections
Shortcuts