Nu'keese Richardson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Nu'keese Richardson

The Pats are bringing him in for a tryout. Yeah i never heard of him either, but he was one of the top WR recruits in the country a few years ago and had a good freshman year at Tenn. then he got kicked off the team for robbing a convenience store with a pellet gun and kind of disappeared for 3 years but resurfaced last year at a division 2 school at put up big numbers and stayed out of trouble. Hard to get much info on him but he seems to be an off the charts athlete and explosive. could be an interesting guy to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvc_nCZmbaU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Nu'keese Richardson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holy cow, this guy can fly! Don't like the whole robbery thing at all, especially in the wake of the Hernandez situation. It's entirely unfair to judge every player based on Aaron Hernandez, but I'm sure it's on the minds of Belichick and Kraft that if the the major media outlets like ESPN or NFLN were to hear about this and report it, it'd be a disaster.

Given that he has stayed out of trouble as of late I certainly think he's worth trying out. Given the athleticism he displayed, he will no doubt make the team unless, a.) he has significantly dropped off athletically, which I find hard to believe, and/or b.) the coaches have concerns about his character. 

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE] Or if he goes back to his life of crime. Kind of hard for BB and BK to sign a guy who committed armed robbery,albeit with a pellet gun! Joe Don Duncan should be signed by this weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Almost everyone deserves a 2nd chance (rapers, pedophiles, and murders excluded) but 1 year removed from Hernandez..... yeah not sure the 2nd chance should be with this team. It sucks but I mean honestly, if something should happen can anyone (well maybe a few on this board) honestly say "you couldn't see that coming, hindsight"

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

kids do stupid things, if he stayed clean for 3 yrs and got the message why not

I will put him on the list of

on the outside looing in - but may have a key

The differences between the UFDAs and the draft picks relly arent that different. The question is how do they relate to playing football, what is their personnal story?

Justin Jones is another

BB absolutely has look at these exceptional players with a black mark. As BB says

"Its not how you got here, Its what you do here

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The differences between the UFDAs and the draft picks relly arent that different. The question is how do they relate to playing football, what is their personnal story?

Justin Jones is another

BB absolutely has look at these exceptional players with a black mark. As BB says

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes they do but very few are stupid enough to commit an armed felony (even if only with a BB gun) when you one of the highest recruited players in the country! How many kids do you know that have committed robbery with a "gun" (even though it wasn't a real one it was meant to look like one)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Every situation has to be considered on its own.

The Pats can learn from the past, but they don't need to live in it. 

It is fair to evaluate the kid (character, talent, athleticism, ability to contribute to the team) and based on that evaluation, give him a chance. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Justin Jones is another

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes they do but very few are stupid enough to commit an armed felony (even if only with a BB gun) when you one of the highest recruited players in the country! How many kids do you know that have committed robbery with a "gun" (even though it wasn't a real one it was meant to look like one)?

[/QUOTE]

Well Ray Lewis was in the NFl and he was even dumber

Your point is well  taken , he is buyer beware - but BB feeels he is worth a look

He doesnt do everyone - I mean he hasn[t taken a flyer on that Oregon? TE

This is a nothing to lose situation

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

you see, this is what bothered me so much about the AH situation..there is no need to assume this guy Richardson has stayed out of trouble...there is no need to "give" him a 2nd chance, as opposed to him "earning" one

the Pats, as does the entire NFL, have vast resources including police and FBI to check anyone of these players out. the Pats also employ private organizations for deeper "analysis". the Pats "should" know anything they need to about this player.

ditto regarding Hern...the Pats should have known everything they needed to about AH. Yet they did not, and the Boston Police and the private investigative company at the time publicly stated that the PAts did not utilize the available resources. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Almost everyone deserves a 2nd chance (rapers, pedophiles, and murders excluded) but 1 year removed from Hernandez..... yeah not sure the 2nd chance should be with this team. It sucks but I mean honestly, if something should happen can anyone (well maybe a few on this board) honestly say "you couldn't see that coming, hindsight"

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is the risk you take when building great football teams. You find value and take chances, especially when your team wins every year and your average draft position is 28 or so.

In hindsight I see that we have been the best team in the league over all since 2000. What do you see?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is the risk you take when building great football teams. You find value and take chances, especially when your team wins every year and your average draft position is 28 or so.

In hindsight I see that we have been the best team in the league over all since 2000. What do you see?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

In hindsight I see a team that could have been better from 06' until now if not for some of those risks that turned out to be flops that the common Joe could have predicted.

I know it's hard to grasp True but players who are consistently getting injured you can't be surprised will get injured again and players who are getting into trouble most likely will get into trouble again. Building your team around those types of players will mean you've weakened your team.

Talib, Vereen, Gronk, Vollmer, Amendola all injury prone all got injured all gave little to nothing in the AFCCG...... Do you honestly believe we couldn't have won if we had invested in better backups or invested in better players from the beginning? When you take these risks you can not claim HINDSIGHT when those players red flags come back to bite you in the butt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you see, this is what bothered me so much about the AH situation..there is no need to assume this guy Richardson has stayed out of trouble...there is no need to "give" him a 2nd chance, as opposed to him "earning" one

the Pats, as does the entire NFL, have vast resources including police and FBI to check anyone of these players out. the Pats also employ private organizations for deeper "analysis". the Pats "should" know anything they need to about this player.

ditto regarding Hern...the Pats should have known everything they needed to about AH. Yet they did not, and the Boston Police and the private investigative company at the time publicly stated that the PAts did not utilize the available resources. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

There is no reason not to assume either?!?! he kid iOS talented, the kid made a mistake, the kid paid the consequences, the kid now gets another chance. This is how our society works.

Suggesting the Patriots should have known Hern would murder a bunch of people is ignorant at best sir. He could have had the exact same past and not murdered anybody. There is most likely hundreds of guys currently playing in the league with a WORSE history then Hernandez but they haven't killed anybody.

Guys are talented so they get signed and they play. That is how it works in sports, and really most businesses. You are willing to accept character flaws and give 2nd chances to people that can perform for your business. This isn't something new that Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick concocted over the witches stove. It happens every day in sports.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

In hindsight I see a team that could have been better from 06' until now if not for some of those risks that turned out to be flops that the common Joe could have predicted.

I know it's hard to grasp True but players who are consistently getting injured you can't be surprised will get injured again and players who are getting into trouble most likely will get into trouble again. Building your team around those types of players will mean you've weakened your team.

Talib, Vereen, Gronk, Vollmer, Amendola all injury prone all got injured all gave little to nothing in the AFCCG...... Do you honestly believe we couldn't have won if we had invested in better backups or invested in better players from the beginning? When you take these risks you can not claim HINDSIGHT when those players red flags come back to bite you in the butt.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well Pats Eng is on the record as saying Bill Belichick never should have signed Rob Gronkowski, Shane Vareen, Seabass, Amendola or Talib,. He is also saying that this team would have been better if we didn't sign those guys and signed other guys instead. I fond it amazing how you have reached that conclusion.

If a common joe like Pats eng would have predicted our guys injuries and signed great players who never get injured, obviously our GM should have known better.

Sure thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Well Pats Eng is on the record as saying Bill Belichick never should have signed Rob Gronkowski, Shane Vareen, Seabass, Amendola or Talib,. He is also saying that this team would have been better if we didn't sign those guys and signed other guys instead. I fond it amazing how you have reached that conclusion.

If a common joe like Pats eng would have predicted our guys injuries and signed great players who never get injured, obviously our GM should have known better.

Sure thing.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Please point out were I said those words. Again you put words in my mouth. But if you want to play that game True is on record for saying Hernandez shouldn't have been cut.

True you are worse than the parole board in MA not learning from history and politicians for placing words in peoples mouths in your blind loyal defense.

I've given you this challenge before but please lets put $10k down I bet of Vereen, Gronk, Vollmer, Amendola, and Edelman at least half will miss time playing. Odds are in your favor if you don't believe it so why won't you take it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

There is no reason not to assume either?!?! he kid iOS talented, the kid made a mistake, the kid paid the consequences, the kid now gets another chance. This is how our society works.

Suggesting the Patriots should have known Hern would murder a bunch of people is ignorant at best sir. He could have had the exact same past and not murdered anybody. There is most likely hundreds of guys currently playing in the league with a WORSE history then Hernandez but they haven't killed anybody.

Guys are talented so they get signed and they play. That is how it works in sports, and really most businesses. You are willing to accept character flaws and give 2nd chances to people that can perform for your business. This isn't something new that Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick concocted over the witches stove. It happens every day in sports.

[/QUOTE]

there is a reason not to assume if you can actually get the facts straight, which the Pats have those resources at their disposal. if the player checks out as what appears to be a changed man, then by all means give him another chance. but don't "assume" he is a changed man...and don't "give" him another chance because he can run fast and catch a football

you are 100% wrong on Hern...he was "under suspicion" for a shooting in Fla prior to his draft year, and he was "a person of interest" in a shooting in Boston prior to his resigning his 2nd contract. does that make him guilty? of course not...but doesn't that raise the red flag to 100% check this out? yet the Pats had zero contact with the BDP, and the private investigating firm they employed when Hern was drafted did not do a back ground check on him (so the Globe reported)

most of his family and friends are also under police suspicion, in jail or dead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Before this becomes a thread about if the Pats should have known about Hernandez...

The guy looks like an ok talent if the Pats decide to bring him in. I guess we will see if they feel like it. No guarantee that he would make the team or do anything, but given the uncertainty at WR, it wouldn't be surprising if he is at least given a chance to make the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before this becomes a thread about if the Pats should have known about Hernandez...

The guy looks like an ok talent if the Pats decide to bring him in. I guess we will see if they feel like it. No guarantee that he would make the team or do anything, but given the uncertainty at WR, it wouldn't be surprising if he is at least given a chance to make the team.

[/QUOTE]

competition is good at every position...

what is the uncertainty at WR? JE and DA are studs that are under large contracts. Dobson is a 2nd rd draft choice that performed well for a rookie last year. Lafell performed well with a QB that is not so accurate.

I see numerous developmental players in the mix like Boyce, Harrison

I think WR is a strength for this team both in talent and depth

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure thing.

[/QUOTE]
    And as I always like to add

The pats lost two SB's because Two All Pros droped passes in the lat moments of a game

And who knows if the Pats would even get to the ACGS without these players - and picking different one s- who knows . really

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two things to keep in mind here: he got arrested in 2009 when he was 19 for the BB gun theft and has not been accused of any violent crimes since then. he bounced around at Juco and thought his career was over since then but took a shot at a small school last year and looked good and more importantly didnt have any off the field issues at all. so that sounds to me like someone earning a chance.

thats the other part of my point: the Pats havent given him a contract or anything. they offered him a tryout. likely they will take a look at his skill set and equally his personality and how he interacts with the other players and then MAYBE sign him as an UDFA for a tiny amount. if he looks good in camp then MAYBE he gets to the practice squad and they get a year to evaluate and watch him. its not like they just gave him a signing bonus and a spot on the 53 man roster. its a long process but to me it sounds like the kid deserves a shot.

As for AH, it obviously changed the way that the team views players and the risks they are willing to take. but something that we are learning with hernandez is that there was always a concern when he was here that he was surrounding himself with the wrong people, or that he was still associating with people from his past. but it turns out that he was the worst of the worst even among the "bad people" from his past and that they should have avoided him. hernandez murdered 3 people in cold blood, shot at 3 others, and shot a friend in the face. he has a long history of drug use and was always a loner on the team, never integrated himself in. its likely that there are a litany of other crimes that we dont know about. when you look at all of that, hernandez seems more like a serial killer, or at the very least a sociopath, than just a thug or a kid from a bad neighborhood. so my guess is that the pats will probably include more of those types of psychological evaluations with players going forward. which, by the way, is probably a big reason no team will touch colt lyeria. i dont think he's been accused of any violent crimes, but he's shown a consistent pattern of antisocial behavior and thats almost more of a risk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I should just couple and paste this for True because I had the same argument with him last year:

First you can absorb some risks if you back them up properly but you can't load up you front line starters with those risks!

Gronk - All-time talent, well worth the risk but needs to be backed up properly because he tends to get injured. What happens he gets injured and there isn't a proper backup (a 'Y' type)........ hindsight? I don't think so anyone can see that he has a higher risk to not be available in the playoffs as that's his MO

Talib - when healthy and on his game great CB but as his history has shown is injured a lot and inconsistent in his play. I wanted to get a better backup than Arrinton when prices were low last off season. What happens he gets injured and was inconsistent through the year..... hindsight? Not if you don't have ruby glasses and saw his history

Amendola - Has never had a fully healthy season and when healthy was just an average starter. Didn't want the signing simply based on injury history. What happens he gets injured and is ineffective for a large portion of the season....... hindsight? Seriously you have to be blind not to see this coming

Vereen - Healthy in college but since on the Pats has had one injury after the other. The guy can't put more than 200 snaps into a season. Suggested that maybe you should get him a proper backup, like I don't know Woodhead was. What happened got injured...... Hindsight? Amazing how injured players get injured.......

Kelly/Wilfork - Nether had injury issues but both increasing in age. When you have aging players you have to make sure you have a better set of players behind them than you do if they were young. What happens both get injured and the DL falls apart becoming one of the worst run and pass D's in the league..... hindsight? Only if you think aging players don't have an increased injury risk

I know all this hindsight is hard to predict like a number of us did last year. I mean who would have predicted agin players have a higher likely hood to get injured so you need to get slightly better backups than UDFA's and who would have ever predicted guys who have never had a healthy season in their entire careers would get injured and you might need to replace them at some point this season?

There you go True, you can take some risks but you need to have a plan in place if those risks come to light (which they do more than not) and you can't be relying on these risks to be a big part of your game and count on them as starters. You can absorb a couple of them but you can't use injures as an excuse if a number of your #1 starters have never completed an entire season in their careers. I know shocking right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Seems like a decent candidate for the practice squad.  Talent looks to be there, but I'm sure he has a long way to go to learn the NFL game.  If he can be a model citizen in NE, show the talent that he has shown in the collegiate ranks, and show a willingness to learn, I think he could be a fine developmental prospect.  We'll see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

To me, is very Clear... BB thinks we r 1 WR away from something special.

Lets hope he can find him...

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me, is very Clear... BB thinks we r 1 WR away from something special.

Lets hope he can find him...

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

[/QUOTE]

really? 1 WR away from something special, so in the best WR draft class in the past 10 years, the team uses a 7th rd choice and signs an UDFA??

c'mon, the team invested a #2, #4 and free agent $$$ on Lafell, JE and DA...the team is set at WR this year...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How many WRs do you think the Pats will carry?  I say no more than 6. Lafell, Dobson, Edleman, Amendola, Boyce SHOULD be locks. That leaves K.T., Harrison, Orton, Slater(listed as WR) not to mention Reggie Dunn and Gallons in the mix now. I dont see some division II kid who is off the grid making the team but you need bodies in camp.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many WRs do you think the Pats will carry?  I say no more than 6. Lafell, Dobson, Edleman, Amendola, Boyce SHOULD be locks. That leaves K.T., Harrison, Orton, Slater(listed as WR) not to mention Reggie Dunn and Gallons in the mix now. I dont see some division II kid who is off the grid making the team but you need bodies in camp.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If they only carry 3 TE's they might carry 7 WRs. With Gallon and Slater primarily STers

Sections
Shortcuts