Nunn or Tate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Nunn or Tate?

Chances are Bill puts one of these guys on the roster. They have two spots open right now and while we only have 3 real receivers left in Moss, Welker and Aiken we do have a little depth in Matthew Slater. So one must assume Nunn or Tate get the nod. Who do you think it will be?

We must assume Mark LeVoir gets the other spot as they were very high on him last year and with Light's injury they are thin at the OT spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Nunn or Tate?

If Edelman lands on IR, it will likely mean both go on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Re: Nunn or Tate?:
    [QUOTE]If Edelman lands on IR, it will likely mean both go on the roster.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Don't think so.. broken arm is only 4-6 weeks, doubt Edelman goes to IR.

We'll probably see LeVoir and Tate functional, and if Tate cannot prove himself within the 3 week window, then Nunn will get promoted and Tate goes to IR.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't need to think to hard on this subject,Tate is probably more talented but Nunn actually earned the spot out of Pre-season and they gave to father time instead..Also Tate is just now coming off the pup and he might the next 3 weeks to get ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonkerbear. Show bonkerbear's posts

In Response to Nunn or Tate?:
    [QUOTE]Chances are Bill puts one of these guys on the roster. They have two spots open right now and while we only have 3 real receivers left in Moss, Welker and Aiken we do have a little depth in Matthew Slater. So one must assume Nunn or Tate get the nod. Who do you think it will be? We must assume Mark LeVoir gets the other spot as they were very high on him last year and with Light's injury they are thin at the OT spot.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]
        My choice for backup WR is Wilfork. He'd be perfect for a bubble screen - he doesn't have to run downfield to catch the pass but once he gets going who's going to stop him - certainly not any DBs. Of course he might only be good for this once a quarter - need time to catch his breath on the sideline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

might as well put wilfork in at WR that way people can stop complaining about running up the score.

as far as WR I would give Nunn a shot.  We dont know much about Tate, but if he were to play this sunday then he should start on Punt/kickoff returns.  I'm also not to sure about slater cause he has a bad arm, but im sure BB knows what he is going to do. 

Correct me if im wrong.  But didnt we find Gaffney and Caldwell off of waivers a few years back? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Correct me if Im wrong but Brandon Tate has not even practiced as a N.E Patriot yet. He is off of the pup list and we have 21 days to see how he does in practice and decide if we want him on the active roster(which we will because reports are he is healthy) I think Nunn has to be active this Sunday, with no Edelman and no Joey we have no depth. With Welker and his knee injury, wr is a concern. I hope Tate can get up to speed quickly so we have a little depth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

agree with truechamp...while in the long run i think tate has a chance to be a solid addition considering he is also a quality return guy, for the time being i believe the pats will milk the entire 21 days on him before making a decision..even if they feel he is healthy enough they will take the time to evaluate him thoroughly and delay committing an active roster spot to him as long as possible...nunn would be the logical choice considering he has been practicing with the team all along and would seemingly already know the playbook well enough to step right in...

regardless i hope they do it now as a precaution, because they are running the risk of going into the next game with only 3 backs and 3 wideouts now after injuries...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I am fairly confident that Terrence Nunn will be activated at some point this week.  BB could wait all the way until Friday or Saturday, though, as Nunn can practice all week anyway as a member of the practice squad.  

The only issue I see is 20 days from now, when Tate is activated. What then?  If Nunn stays on the roster, we would have six receivers on the roster.  If Nunn is released, he would have to clear waivers again before he could rejoin the practice squad.  If he plays well in the next couple weeks, he could be claimed by another team.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]If Edelman lands on IR, it will likely mean both go on the roster.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I woudn't count on that.

Nunn appears safe on the PS. If he remains there, it would prolong is PS eligibility.

It's been a year since Tate's injury and I'm guessing that he's GTG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

I really want to see Nunn.  He looked good in the preseason on kick returns and as reciever.  He looks to have great hands and speed.  Hope to see him get some time against Tampa ths weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickster6662000. Show Rickster6662000's posts

Have not seen Tate but have certainly seen Nunn who IMHO not only looks to have safe hands but also  a flair for the dramatics so my pick is Nunn over Tate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nunn over Tate. It's just being smart and cautious to take care of a player returning from a very serious injury. Also agree with posters that say Levoir will be on the roster.....protecting Brady still priority # 1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Nunn has practice and preseason experience, but Tate has been working hard to stay in shape and memorize the playbook.

I think ultimately Tate and Nunn will be identical players, and it's just a matter of who has the better performance on game-day and who builds better timing and a better relationship with Brady.

I don't think either one will have a problem doing that, which is why I think both will be on the team. Randy won't play forever (although it looks like he could), and having players learn from him long-term will benefit them greatly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Aiken will be the number 3 WR on sunday, Nunn might get the call, but they don't really need to be at their best to beat the Buccs. 

All in all, we will see. I really want to see why people have the same crush they have on BJE on Nunn. I didn't watch alot of preaseason. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Where does Slater play??  Is he a 4th string safety?  He's like Izzo, an LB, but really a true special teamer.  He played about one time on defense, I embellish, but it sure seemed that way.  Someone said Slater might be a receiver....I dunno.  I think they go vanilla against Tampa Bay.  Two and three wideouts.  If they go to four it will be Faulk.   Maybe some two tight end sets.  Rest up ove the break maybe reevaulate the injuries and avtivate a Tate after the 21 days.  Who knows BB's not worried.  It's how you are playing the last 6 games that really matters.  

I don't expect Denver and Indy to run the table.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Trying to imagine Vince Wilfork actually running is . . .

impossible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]Aiken will be the number 3 WR on sunday, Nunn might get the call, but they don't really need to be at their best to beat the Buccs.  All in all, we will see. I really want to see why people have the same crush they have on BJE on Nunn. I didn't watch alot of preaseason. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The crush definitely comes from the preseason...  Nunn has a great back story before signing with the Patriots, and you could tell he WANTS this BAD!  Diving catches, toes dragging, the real deal from this kid.  Also almost daily he received kudos from numerous media outlets for his drive and big plays during camp!

BJGE simply had some TOUGH carries during preseason, and many of us remember the flashes of brilliance he showed during his limited action in previous seasons...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

"I think they go vanilla against Tampa Bay.  Two and three wideouts.  If they go to four it will be Faulk.   Maybe some two tight end sets."

schwank, dont disagree with what you are saying but i think the safe thing to do IMHO would still be to activate nunn...god forbid someone else goes down playing on that soccer field and all of a sudden we are down to 2 wideouts..even if he barely sees the field this weekend, just for depth, they need another body..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I am fairly confident that Terrence Nunn will be activated at some point this week.  BB could wait all the way until Friday or Saturday, though, as Nunn can practice all week anyway as a member of the practice squad.   The only issue I see is 20 days from now, when Tate is activated. What then?  If Nunn stays on the roster, we would have six receivers on the roster.  If Nunn is released, he would have to clear waivers again before he could rejoin the practice squad.  If he plays well in the next couple weeks, he could be claimed by another team. I'm interested to see how this plays out.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

Could not have said it much better myself.

I don't know how long Light is expected to be out OR if Kendell Simmons can fill in at tackle in an emergency. The Pats only had two official tackles on the game day roster against the Titans which is risky so I am guessing they thought KS could fill the need if something happened. How this all affects LaVoir filling one of those 2 open roster spots I do not know. An assumption would be that since he is a natural tackle that he would become the swing tackle while Light is out.

Nunn is the most logical choice because of his time spent with the team while Tate has been rehabbing. The issue, as has been well stated previously, is that IF you move Nunn to the Active roster and subsequent game day roster only for a limited time till Tate is ready it makes the potential to lose him to another team more likely.

As an aside, if anyone did not see Tate play in college he was awesome. He only lasted till the third because of his injury. Hakeem only got to play more and gain the spotlight after Tate went down and he got drafted in the 1st round. Just don't know how quickly he can assimilate the Pats offense, even with his 1st round talent.

The reason is that Nunn is on the PS now so a team would need to sign him to the active roster to take him from the Pats. If the Pats Activate him for a short time and then release him he has to clear waivers and that allows another team to sign Nunn to their PS and NOT their Active Roster. To make matters worse, The waiver list is now currently based on the "current" standings making the Pats further down the list of teams waiting to claim Nunn as compared to the pre-season cuts which were ranking the team claim positions of waived players based on last year.

I am petty sure I have these procedures correct but not positive.