Nunn.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Nunn.

This kid was so impressive in the preseason. He is a rookie and if he gets up hell try extra hard. He looks great why dont the pats just bring him up I think hell be a great WR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Nunn.

In Bill I trust*

* except when it comes to WR's.  His track record is spotty at best with WR's.  Give Nunn a chance.  Can he really be that much worse than Galloway?  I mean, really...  Are you worried Nunn might drop some passes, not be on the same page as Brady?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Nunn.:
    This kid was so impressive in the preseason. He is a rookie and if he gets up hell try extra hard. He looks great why dont the pats just bring him up I think hell be a great WR.
    Posted by xxcodyfxx
    He's earned the opportunity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Nunn.:
    Posted by xxcodyfxx

Ummm key word, PRESEASON!!! When will people learn preseason means NOTHING. Washington was killing us in preseason. How are they doing now that the real bullets are flying.

Obviously Nunn is not looking better than what they already have on the "Active" roster. They see them all almost everyday competing against each other. Maybe he will eventually leapfrog someone but that just isn't happening right now is it.

Nunn played against backups in the preseason. 

I love when people say that a player has earned a chance. Really? How do you know? Are you at the practices? In the meeting rooms? At the work out facilities?
    That is where those evaluations take place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Nunn.:
    In Response to Nunn. : Ummm key word, PRESEASON!!! When will people learn preseason means NOTHING. Washington was killing us in preseason. How are they doing now that the real bullets are flying. Obviously Nunn is not looking better than what they already have on the "Active" roster. They see them all almost everyday competing against each other. Maybe he will eventually leapfrog someone but that just isn't happening right now is it. Nunn played against backups in the preseason.  I love when people say that a player has earned a chance. Really? How do you know? Are you at the practices? In the meeting rooms? At the work out facilities? That is where those evaluations take place.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

It's just wishful thinking.  We're all hoping the split end we need is on our practice squad, waiting for the coaches to notice him, and that we're not actually stuck with Joey Galloway all ... season ... long. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Nunn. : It's just wishful thinking.  We're all hoping the split end we need is on our practice squad, waiting for the coaches to notice him, and that we're not actually stuck with Joey Galloway all ... season ... long. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Yes Nunn and BJGE seem to do well but are never in the game (except BJGE played when we had no-one else). Brady sat behind Bledsoe for awhile when BB was the coach so I am not sure that everything is always equal.

Whether it is preseason or not, Nunn has hands. How fast he is, if he gets the offense and can adjust his routes - I have no idea.

But it is true - watching Galloway all ... season ... long is an awful thought. Plus Zolak does not like Galloway, so what does the Pats coaching staff know?!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There is a point of view sometimes on this board that the coaches are always right about every decision, and we must always be wrong.  While it is fair to say that the worst coach in the NFL knows more than us fans about football, no coach gets everything right.  BB is the best coach because he makes better overall decisions than the other coaches.  He does not get everything right all of the time though.  He doesn't always predict who will shine in real games with perfect accuracy.  That's where there is room for speculation by us fans.  

I'm a fan, I have have not seen Nunn in practices, but I still would like to see him on the field over Galloway.  Can he really do much worse?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think Galloway still has a role in this offense. He is being played as a possession wr due to Welkers injury but he is not nor was he ever that type of wr. When Welker is back Galloway will be there to take a corner and a safety out deep in the secondary which opens things up in the middle of the field. Moss, Welker, Watson/Baker, Faulk and run game will have things opened up for them. This is his only value to our team. This is what he has always done. Unfortunately we don't have a viable #4 wr on the active roster for some reason. I know Aiken is a good special teamer but I too think we should have Nunn or somebody(Matt Jones ??) as a #4 possession guy.

Do not forget too that if Welker comes back healthy Brady has major weapons across the board. He looked like he was getting some of his timing back in week 3. I am looking forward to what we can do against Baltimore. Big test and i think we will prevail!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I think Galloway still has a role in this offense. He is being played as a possession wr due to Welkers injury but he is not nor was he ever that type of wr. When Welker is back Galloway will be there to take a corner and a safety out deep in the secondary which opens things up in the middle of the field. Moss, Welker, Watson/Baker, Faulk and run game will have things opened up for them. This is his only value to our team. This is what he has always done. Unfortunately we don't have a viable #4 wr on the active roster for some reason. I know Aiken is a good special teamer but I too think we should have Nunn or somebody(Matt Jones ??) as a #4 possession guy. Do not forget too that if Welker comes back healthy Brady has major weapons across the board. He looked like he was getting some of his timing back in week 3. I am looking forward to what we can do against Baltimore. Big test and i think we will prevail!
    Posted by TrueChamp

I disagree.  Galloway and Moss have the same skillset (flanker, as Z pointed out).  So even with Welker on the field, we lack a good split end.  Poor Brady.  Most of his career he's either been stuck with two split ends and no flankers (Branch and Givens) two worse split ends (Caldwell and Gaffney) and now no split ends but two flankers (Moss and Galloway - I think even Stallworth was more of a flanker, never seemed particularly good at route running or coming out of his breaks).  Come on Bill, get this man a full, balanced compliment of weapons.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Week 7 can't come soon enough.

If Brandon Tate is 100%....he and Eddleman will be a good 3/4 combo.

Not only @ WR, they will be our KR/PR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Quit it with the Nunn talk Galloway will figure out how to play in the system,Edelman is a raw rookie who hasn't played either in the NFL nor has he played WR...Welker could be out for awhile so get used too seeing the Edelman and Galloway show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Isn't anybody going to make the joke about the only meat a priest can eat on Friday?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

I personally think Nunn does deserve a look-see....It's early in the season.....When I see a receiver that has 14 years in the league running out of bounds in the back of the end zone and waste a touchdown throw it doesn't say a lot about his awareness !!! Galloway may have been or even might be ....but still we have only played 3 games anda blind man can see he's way out of sinc with Brady...That is the first time I seen Brady that upset on the sidelines with a receiver and I really beleive it had to have a negative effect on his passing the rest of the game ....Give Nunn a shot ...This offense needs Randy running post routes....having Welker back underneath and a legitimate home run threat on the other side of the field will help prevent double teaming him......So far...for all the hype....Galloway doesn't look like he qualifys.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I personally think Nunn does deserve a look-see....It's early in the season.....When I see a receiver that has 14 years in the league running out of bounds in the back of the end zone and waste a touchdown throw it doesn't say a lot about his awareness !!! Galloway may have been or even might be ....but still we have only played 3 games anda blind man can see he's way out of sinc with Brady...That is the first time I seen Brady that upset on the sidelines with a receiver and I really beleive it had to have a negative effect on his passing the rest of the game ....Give Nunn a shot ...This offense needs Randy running post routes....having Welker back underneath and a legitimate home run threat on the other side of the field will help prevent double teaming him......So far...for all the hype....Galloway doesn't look like he qualifys.......
    Posted by flip781

There's plenty of blame to go around regarding problems in our passing game - how about all the errant passes by Brady......?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Nunn. : I disagree.  Galloway and Moss have the same skillset (flanker, as Z pointed out).  So even with Welker on the field, we lack a good split end.  Poor Brady.  Most of his career he's either been stuck with two split ends and no flankers (Branch and Givens) two worse split ends (Caldwell and Gaffney) and now no split ends but two flankers (Moss and Galloway - I think even Stallworth was more of a flanker, never seemed particularly good at route running or coming out of his breaks).  Come on Bill, get this man a full, balanced compliment of weapons.   

Your post peaked my interest in the difference between the SE and the flanker...so I found this:

Technically, the split end is a lineman and the flanker is a back. (For instance, the flanker can be in lateral motion before the snap.) Usually the split end is split out as much as the rules allow, and isolates one on one on the corner (unless he is good and gets doubleteamed.) The flanker is closer to the action and is the one who runs the reverses. So usually the split end is the taller possession type receiver who runs really tight routes, and the flanker is the speed merchant who can also run the ball. In the single wing days, the flanker was called the wingback, and got to carry 10 to 12 times a game. UCLA had a couple of really good ones--Jimmy Johnson and Kermit Alexander.

Usually in a 3 receiver set, the third receiver lines up as a back halfway between the tackle and the split end. He is usually called the slot back because he lines up in the "slot." Usually he is a back who can catch, and will shift into or out of the position from a set back, and often goes in motion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Nunn. : I disagree.  Galloway and Moss have the same skillset (flanker, as Z pointed out).  So even with Welker on the field, we lack a good split end.  Poor Brady.  Most of his career he's either been stuck with two split ends and no flankers (Branch and Givens) two worse split ends (Caldwell and Gaffney) and now no split ends but two flankers (Moss and Galloway - I think even Stallworth was more of a flanker, never seemed particularly good at route running or coming out of his breaks).  Come on Bill, get this man a full, balanced compliment of weapons.   

Yes they play the same position and I think that is why we signed Galloway. Galloway runs a deep route while Moss on the other side can break across the middle or go deep himself. Also Welker, Watson can take advantage in the middle. Its nice to have a second deep threat because again with Tom brady you have to keep a safety back. If Welker is healthy I think we will se a full compliment of weapons! Of course just for depth reasons it would still be nice to have another guy. Honestly I thought Greg Lewis was that guy. A perfect #4or5 guy. I guess he couldn't cut it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Nun might be good but he is not the answer or Bill would be playing him. The same way Law Firm cant be as good as we think or he would be playing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Killa,  Could be BB just doesn't trust the kids yet and will give a vet every chance to play...just a thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Week 7 can't come soon enough. If Brandon Tate is 100%....he and Eddleman will be a good 3/4 combo. Not only @ WR, they will be our KR/PR.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

I'd be surprised if Tate comes back in week 7. They have till week 9 to activate him and I am sure they will need those three weeks after week 6 to find out how far along he has come. If he has an understanding of the offense and if he will be an improvement and on the same page with Brady.

Its a lot of pressure and hope to pin on Tate. You have a longtime vet, and a QB convert who have had passing camp, mini camp, and training camp to be on the same page with Brady and are still not there yet. Yet you expect a rookie WR coming off of ACL AND MCL reconstruction approx. 1 yr ago in October to pick everything up in 1 week (week 7)?

IF he's even healthy enough by then which is still questionable because of all the cutting a WR must do. A lot more demanding on the knee than the QB position. The you are giving him only 1 week if its week 7 to practice with the team since he is not eligible to do so before week 6.

Sure would be great if he comes out of no where to light it up but I believe that to be wishful thinking.

While I am on the topic here let me just also say this. I am no different in my passion and often emotional outburst without thinking and wanting to throw my shoe at the TV at Galloway at times this young season BUT.........

Think on this for a moment...

Galloway is basically replacing Gaffney correct? Well you know what? As bad as Gaffney appears to be playing right now he is still on pace to have just about the same number of receptions as Gaffney did in either 2007 OR 2008.

...and that is with him appearing, to everyone's eyes, to not be playing very well right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Isn't anybody going to make the joke about the only meat a priest can eat on Friday?
    Posted by prairiemike

Mike, you must be a product/victim of the Catholic school system!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Give it some time with Nunn. Apparently BB, who sees him practice every day, doesn't think he's ready for the big time just yet. I trust his judgment.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Low-FB, The Herald had some snippets from Tate.

The kid says he's physically ready to go.

But better yet, he claims to know the playbook cold.

Sections
Shortcuts