NY Giant Spending Spree = Play-offs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

NY Giant Spending Spree = Play-offs?

The NY Giants have spend a grand total of $115mil. this offseason on 24 players. Will that be enough to propel them to a playoff birth? What say you?:  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-giant-issues-remain-spending-spree-article-1.1747525

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: NY Giant Spending Spree = Play-offs?

The eagles will own the division and 6 wins won't get a playoff spot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Giants will win 7 games this coming season, 8 at the very most.  No more then 8 games and they will be very fortunate to get 8 wins.  No playoffs for the Giants again in 2014.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

The eagles will own the division and 6 wins won't get a playoff spot. 

LMAO...duck, Jints is in DA HOUSE!!!!!

They got old fast...too many losses in personnel..in a state of transition...coach needs to use Grecian Formula, now has trouble relating to the young dudes...the man loves to scream and yell...can't treat millionaires like they are BC freshmen....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Giants will win 7 games this coming season, 8 at the very most.  No more then 8 games and they will be very fortunate to get 8 wins.  No playoffs for the Giants again in 2014.

Is the ELI window closing?...:)

YES IT ISSSSSSSS.....and the Giants will take the Pat's approach and build for the long term, not the quick win now/closing window approach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Screw the Giants!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

You guys will all be issued a ticket... i hope Phil has the siren ready.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Magic Conch:  Will the Giants make the playoffs next year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In all honesty, that division isn’t very good so anything is possible.  I think the Eagles come out of the East but that division has seen stranger things happen.  The Skins are still the Skins and the Cowboys are still the Cowboys.  The Giants have a lot of holes but I like what they’ve done this offseason for the most part.

Overall, I think it mostly comes down to Eli.  He’s too inconsistent for my liking but he’s had the history of getting streaky at the right time.  They’ll flirt between 7-9 and 9-7 and the difference will be Eli’s play.  It’s definitely a year in the hot seat for both him and Coughlin.  We shall see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

You guys will all be issued a ticket... i hope Phil has the siren ready.

LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I.m setting myself up for confrontations with boorish NY fans bywearing my patriots gear as Jets and Giants both miss the 2014 payoffs!

Boston, City of Champions

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

I.m setting myself up for confrontations with boorish NY fans bywearing my patriots gear as Jets and Giants both miss the 2014 payoffs!

Boston, City of Champions

I think your view is impartial and accurate...truly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I love the smell of carbon paper in the morning.  

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I doubt it. 9-7 at best if all cards fall in place.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To me, Foles has to prove he is still more than just a  one great season player. The Giants looked atrocious at times last year and spending does not always rectify all the problems. Will Coughlin be on the hot seat again?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

To me, Foles has to prove he is still more than just a  one great season player. The Giants looked atrocious at times last year and spending does not always rectify all the problems. Will Coughlin be on the hot seat again?

So much of how successful the Giants will be in 2014 depends on one guy, DE Jason Pierre-Paul. If he can stay healthy and return to 2011 form, then the G-men will contend. If not, it's going to be another long season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What on that list of FAs scares you?  None.  They did beef up the RB group and they picked up OT Brown.  Jerry might be an upgrade to the OL as well but he has short comings.  So they may have improved a bit.   

I  don't know about Washington and the group they put together.  Are they compatable?  It's just going to be a wait and see type of thing.

Dallas is the doormat, that's for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

What on that list of FAs scares you?  None.  They did beef up the RB group and they picked up OT Brown.  Jerry might be an upgrade to the OL as well but he has short comings.  So they may have improved a bit.   

I  don't know about Washington and the group they put together.  Are they compatable?  It's just going to be a wait and see type of thing.

I tend to agree, my friend. On offense, their OL is still suspect, they have no TE, their stable of RBs is still questionable, and they're counting on Reuben Randle to be their #1 WR. On defense, they're better at CB, but they still are weak at MLB, and at DT. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I tend to agree, my friend. On offense, their OL is still suspect, they have no TE, their stable of RBs is still questionable, and they're counting on Reuben Randle to be their #1 WR. On defense, they're better at CB, but they still are weak at MLB, and at DT. 

They don't have that front four any more and that has to hurt.  Seemed to have a drought the past couple of drafts.  Wonder if Eli is still considered elite?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

They don't have that front four any more and that has to hurt.  Seemed to have a drought the past couple of drafts.  Wonder if Eli is still considered elite?

I don't think it's Eli's fault. Last year, he had no running game, and was protected by a swiss cheese OL. He was lucky to escape last season without a serious injury.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Giants were a 6-10 team before the spending spree.  If they bought themselves all the way to 7-9 or even to 8-8, um, that's nice, but the Patriots don't play these guys.

I know that the Jets want to sell seat licenses so they bring in all of these high-profile guys that can't play football, such as LaDanian Tomlinson and Tim Tebow.  Are the Giants in the seat license business too?

I just looked and lo and behold, Giant seat licenses are selling for up to $20,000 a seat.  Sell the sizzle and in come the millions without any finance charges.  So, I hope the Giants rounded up guys with tremendous name recognition. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ticket buddy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI

Sections
Shortcuts