NY Jets @ New England Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: NY Jets @ New England Patriots REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: NY Jets @ New England Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]     Apparently, Jets QB Mark Sanchez is under heavy criticism in NY...where the word "BUST" is beginning to be thrown around:  http://www.theganggreen.com/2009/11/22/jets-lose-to-pats-sanchez-remains-starter . Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Heres' a follow up on Mark Sanchez and The Jets, in the aftermath of their 31-14 loss to the pats. Sanchez now has thrown 16 picks and fumbled 9 times, in just 10 games: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/pitiful_effort_sanchez
    _ints_all_WP4pEXAuR097JutmUEtZ1K

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more on the woes of Mark Sanchez: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/off_the_mark_growing_pains_
    hurtin_KDLosqeyVGdQIsPDWR6NCN

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

TP while I still have some disagreements on the win on Sunday, you are spot on as to where this team is lacking.  The edge pass rusher, and I think they thought that was taken care when they traded for D "The Phantom" Burgess.  He is one step away from invisible.  This D with a Freeney or Allen-type pass rusher would be immense, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them use that for an early draft pick next year, as the rest of the defense continues to improve.  That being said I too am in the camp of NO "not having played anyone," but we also said that about Indy two weeks ago.  I hope this one doesn't live up to the hype, and the Pats smoke 'em, but on paper this could be another instant classic being that it is in NO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets had not blocked a punt in something like 25 years... i was thinking it was another college-type coaching error (like the one last week) but i guess someome missed an assignment.  So instead of BB getting a C, the special teams get a F or D.  I agree with TP that New Orleans is a tougher opponent than Indy--esp given that Indy had many of their scary defenders misssing last week. 
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE]

The main problem with the Pats over the past several years has been finishing games. Their "D" has had trouble against hurry-up offenses, and protecting leads. If they hope to beat the Saints, the Pats must finish. That means that their "D" must play well for all 4 quarters, not three and a half. The Saints have outscored their opponents 105-24 in 4th quarters this season: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/11/new_england_patriots
    _will_prov.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone notice that Bellichick stays on the field after a win and walks around taking up to 6-7 minutes to shake hands and enjoy himself? I point this out only because after a loss he sprints off in under 90 seconds....Watch him exit like his pants are on fire next Monday night after the New Orleans game.
    Posted by fredericknittle[/QUOTE]

thanks for stating the obvious, you really just signed up today to let us know that. thanks you troll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex... these last two games must have been quite a challenge grading the Pats' performances.  In each game, they looked like world beaters in the first half.  I am certain your grade trending was lots of Bs and As.  Then the second half arrives and you start scratching your head.  "Where in the heck went the team we saw in the first half?"  Seems offense would get conservative, defense plays soft each time.  It is perplexing the "Jekyl and Hyde" persona  this team seems to have lately.  As you put it in your intial paragraph, unless they can shut down a team to the end and win going away, or not being in danger of losing, the jury is still out if they can be placed in the top tier.  If you listen to the talking heads..  IE - Mike n Mike - many feel NE is the better team and they would be favored over any team if a game were played on a neutral site. At this juncture, it seems the defense has the bigger issues, playing soft at the most inopportune times.  It can be real tough to simply "turn it on" when needed.  Maybe that is part of the problem. Playing so well, they feel they can coast.  Such an attitude is probably what cost them the Colts game.  Who knows!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

a win is a win!

First Half everyone gets an A, except for special teams, they get an F
    Second Half everyone gets a C, Special Teams Still gets an F

Are the Patriots the worst second half team in the NFL? all three losses they have blown a lead in the fourth qtr.  they only did that once in 67 games prior and that was at our house of horrors Miami in 04, and we did win a SB later that year. Remember Brady throws a pick 6 from his A S S.  Where are the Half-time Adjustments that were once a staple of our Team?  We haven't moved the ball with any consistency after Half time in any game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone notice that Bellichick stays on the field after a win and walks around taking up to 6-7 minutes to shake hands and enjoy himself? I point this out only because after a loss he sprints off in under 90 seconds....Watch him exit like his pants are on fire next Monday night after the New Orleans game.

Freddie Dick: Your season is OVAH Monday night. Bill will enjoy the hand shakes..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Tex, for the Most Part I agree with your Grades.

One Major Exception.... COACHING = D

The 2nd half statistical drop-off has been staggaring and I have to place the blame squarely on the coaching staff.  The Pats came out in the 2nd half nursing their 17 point lead and if not for the inept QB play of Sanchez, they would have let the Jets back in the game.  The Jets had two chances to make this a one score game in the 2nd half.  With the exception of the Titan's game, the pats have been inferior in the 2nd half.  I would love to see the statistics.  No-one to blame except the coaching staff.

The Pats could be 9-1 or 10-0 if they had the same level of success in the 2nd half as the 1st half? What gives?  its not the players, its the coaching.....

Special Teams were horrendous.  1 miss FG, 1 Blocked Punt, and NEARLY a 2nd block punt.  Can we grade an F minus?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

A tale of two halves with not much "fire in the belly" in the 2nd half.  Even if the strategy was to run down the clock- the Pats got sloppy- and the Jets staged a come back of sorts. They should have been up by 4 TD's.
    Special team play was horrid.

I don't recall the last time I saw Brady called for two delay of game penalities. Whatever adjustments were made at half time if any just helped the team as a whole tread water.

Of course there was some outstanidng play-Welker and Bodden. And espeically Welker.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the Saints play him.

Thanks for the score card Tex. A week till the true test!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I was wondering when the Saints trolls would start to trickle in....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, for the Most Part I agree with your Grades. One Major Exception.... COACHING = D The 2nd half statistical drop-off has been staggaring and I have to place the blame squarely on the coaching staff.  The Pats came out in the 2nd half nursing their 17 point lead and if not for the inept QB play of Sanchez, they would have let the Jets back in the game.

RESPONSE: I tend to agree. The blocked punt was a major momentum changer. The Pats also missed at FG at the close of the half. Then, in the second half, the Pats "D" appeared once again to have trouble with the hurry-up offense. As you said, if not for the inept play of Sanchez, the Jets might have made a game of it. 

The Jets had two chances to make this a one score game in the 2nd half.  With the exception of the Titan's game, the pats have been inferior in the 2nd half.  I would love to see the statistics.

RESPONSE: Again, I tend to agree. In the second half of games, the Pats seem to get too conservative on both sides of the ball. But, the biggest problem appears to be the inability of the "D" to defend the hurry-up offense. The main reason? The Pats inability to rush the opposing passer. 

No-one to blame except the coaching staff.

RESPONSE: Yes and no. The Pats don't have anyone who can consistently rush the opposing teams' passer...and their OL does not run-block well enough for the offense to chew up the clock. I do question whether Dean Pees is the answer as DC.

The Pats could be 9-1 or 10-0 if they had the same level of success in the 2nd half as the 1st half? What gives?  its not the players, its the coaching..... Special Teams were horrendous.  1 miss FG, 1 Blocked Punt, and NEARLY a 2nd block punt.  Can we grade an F minus?
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I agree with the Bodden pick six as the play of the game, but the Welker up the seam pass while Moss was quadruple covered is my honorable mention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Coaching only gets a C+ . . .  was anyone coaching during the second half?  Teams are starting to turn the table on the Pats in the third and four quarters and the Pats do not seem to be able to adjust.

Sections
Shortcuts