NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD

A little update on where your rival stands with all of our important(at least to me) free agents:

Cro-tendered a 1st and 3rd round offer on 3/1/2011
    Holmes- tendered a 1st and 3rd round offer on 3/1/2011
    Harris--signed a franchise offer late in February 2011
    Braylon--has yet to be offered a contract--dui might hurt his chances of big $$
    Brad Smith--has yet to be offered a contract--shouldnt take too much, expect him to sign
    Ellis--old but was happy to be a jet. will see what he wants and will probably be back
    Folk--Kickers are a dime a dozen.  we will find someone if this guy wants big money.  he was a little too eratic for my taste.

so, we have our 3 biggest guys back or some serious draft compensation(which I dont expect).

I actually have to get work done today so have a good one and here is to a football season next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD

In Response to NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD:
    [QUOTE]I actually have to get work done today...Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

tears!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I do beg the pardon of all those who may view this thread, but who truly gives a rat's a ss?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Two points wrong.  Edwards has too many years to be tendered and Brad Smith was Tendered at 2nd round.
    Really means NOTHING though as they are fighting for UFAs in new CBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

mynyj, you been banned bruddah...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Cro - 6 seasons - RFA tender will be ruled invalid
    Holmes - 6 seasons - RFA tender will be ruled invalid
    Harris - signed $10M tender - even if franchise tags are taken out of next CBA contract will stand as he signed it already

All other players listed above haven't agreed to contracts or had any RFA tenders.  While I believe the Jets are doing the smart thing with the RFA tenders, it's a bit foolish to think that the special rules for the uncapped year will be the norm for RFA's instead of the rules during all of the capped years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jets fans foolish? Nahhh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD:
    [QUOTE]Jets fans foolish? Nahhh.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Consider the source. If we were all as delusional as our little jets friends we could come on here every day and talk about how we teleported to another galaxy for dinner last night then came back after dessert so we could go to work on earth today. It's as plausible as anything wedat posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

right, so you expect Holmes and Cro to play under those tenders? Right, especially since they can get SO much more. Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson would be PRIME examples of players like this not playing under the Tenders.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]right, so you expect Holmes and Cro to play under those tenders? Right, especially since they can get SO much more. Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson would be PRIME examples of players like this not playing under the Tenders.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

When you live in Wedat's world anything is possible. He just breaks out his official harry potter wand and poof just like magic the jets are set to win another super bowl. Just like last season and the one before and etc etc all the way back to '68.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

bawahaha

Here is a Whodat in his basement:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]bawahaha Here is a Whodat in his basement:
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yup that could easily be him with his dual purpose wand. Not only does it do magic  it can also be lubed up and inserted when for he's pretending he's Mrs. Sanchez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Jets had 42% of it's starters going into FA with 25 FA's this post-season that I count. So far you resigned 4 of them and tendered 2 of them. That still leaves 19! players you could lose from you team or 35% of your roster which includes a fair portion of your starters. With the money you've already spent if a new cap is similar to the last cap then you'll already be right up against it. Currently you have 6 picks but the Jets always package them to move up. Even if you use all 6 picks that still leaves 13 roster spots to fill with little cap space. It's a foolish man who fills 25% of their roster with min salary types of guys and hopes that non of the starters get injured and all of the draft picks are successful.

To give you some numbers here right now after the releases their cap number is around 101.7 mil. Now with the rookies you figure another 4 mil in cap allotted so that brings you to 105.7mil. Now Harris hasn't been counted yet and his is 10mil cap hit so that brings us to 115.7mil. With those 2 tenders you mentioned we can assume they will come in for more then 5mil cap hit between the 2 but 5mil makes it a clean number at 120.7mil total. Now the 09' cap was 127mil but I've heard estimates of it going to 130mil in a new cba so lets go with that number. So me just being conservative with the tenders and draft pick cap numbers you have about 9mil in free cap space for 13 players including Ellis, Folk, Edwards Smith. Now pretty much the lowest cap hit of a player is $330,000 so if the other 9 players sign for that (a huge portion of your roster) then you'll have 6mil to split between Ellis, Folk, Edwards, and Smith. There is zero way you can do that. Face it if the cap is around 130mil when a new CBA is reached about 25% of your roster will have to be close to the cap min and you'll also be losing a fair portion of your starters because you can't resign them. I would not be comfortable knowing that 50% of the backups to the starters are coming in as cap min players personally. Face it the Jets were built to win this year and they didn't. They might be forced to go into a rebuilding mode fairly soon until they get out from under some of these huge cap numbers.

My numbers come from:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary11.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Also, keep in mind, the last 2 years as the Jets went 9-7 and 11-5, rocking the NFL world as they ascend into a dynasty, they were the healthiest team in the NFL in terms of man games lost.

So, that little known fact is another reason the Jets appeared better than they really are.

They dodged a ton of bullets in the health dept.  This does not reflect their depth charts for that very reason.

But, closer inspection shows you they have too much money allocated in the wrong areas.

So, if you start adding up the math here a little, the chances of them going back to the AFC Title game and winning it, not only are falling by the day, it's incredibly unlikely NY will catch all the breaks they caught the last 2 years.

Add that in to the FA hell they are in right now, no 2nd rd draft pick, picking at the back end of the draft, Revis's situation next offseason along with David Harris's possible FA after 2011, and you are looking at a floundering organization who lost a gamble.

Jets fans are in denial and have been. If they had  won the SB last year like they knew they had to in order to justify their approach.

Deep down, the owner, GM, coaching staff and players know this.

Their fans? Not so much, apparently.

It's very similar to what happened to Carolina when they started losing on their returns with the Jake Delhomme contract, not dealing Peppers for something knowing they coudn't pay him, overpaying other players who aren't as good as advertised, etc.

I agree the cap structure won't stray much from what it was last time in 2009, and you can almost bet the rate hikes will be more favorable to the owners this time around.

The players won the deal last time, I doubt they win it this time.

New Jets motto:

"Stupid is as stupid does"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  They still have to play the games.  The PATS will not be the same team when they next step on the field and neither will the YETS be the same either.  Thus it and thus it has always been since the advent of free agency.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I see.  I say that I am not going to be on the board today and 2 of the biggest losers I have ever come into contact on the interwebs with take the opportunity to throw insults at me.  what big people i am sure you are.  you are two of the same people that would follow me around this forum after I informed you that I was putting you on ignore.  It truly speaks to who you are away from this board.  It truly does you two losers.

as for the real posts on this thread, I think that Patseng's numbers are off.  I looked on that link and I count Braylon on offense.  If you want to count Smith and wayne hunter  I would go along with that as well just for the sake of argument.  Hunter was always going to be replaced by Ducasse and Smith is not in the starting package although he is important as a 4th WR and wildcat qb.   On defense, we have ellis and our safety.  All others have been addressed.

Now for an update:

The Jets also made the following qualifying offers to their other potential restricted free agents: WR Brad Smith (second-round tender); QBwww.nypost.com/t/Kellen_Clemens" class="topiclink">Kellen Clemens (third round); Swww.nypost.com/t/Eric_Smith" class="topiclink">Eric Smith (third round); CBwww.nypost.com/t/Drew_Coleman" class="topiclink"> Drew Coleman (sixth round); Kwww.nypost.com/t/Nick_Folk" class="topiclink"> Nick Folk (sixth round); S James Ihedigbo (right of first refusal); OL Rob Turner (right of first refusal).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/homebound_jets_CamMWUi3vLBo1Me1z0Uf5I#ixzz1FTAxFtlY

So we have pretty much sured everything up except for Braylon and hunter.  We also just had that safety from Indy in yesterday or today.  BOB SANDERS!!!!  It is amazing how hamstrung the jets are in 2011!!!

Simply amazing!!!!

Now JB-3 made excellent points.  This is all the Jets can do right now.  make the offers and tie these guys up.  this is a fluid situation and the labor issue will definitely have an impact.  overall I am very happy about what we have been able to do before the impending lockout.  I think a new agreement will be signed by August 1.  just my opinion.

Des--I cant wait to line up this year.  It is going to be SUPER!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]right, so you expect Holmes and Cro to play under those tenders? Right, especially since they can get SO much more. Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson would be PRIME examples of players like this not playing under the Tenders.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

there are plenty of players that do play under their tenders or have in the past anyway.  pick 2 guys that held out, it doesnt mean that they all do.  at the least it gives the jets a ton of leverage in negotiating a long term deal.  So logan was nut job.  he was offered, what, top 3 pay at his position and he held out?  not too smart imo but then again he is not my problem...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

neither one of us have the same superbowl team coming out in 2011.  lets enjoy the present, it is my gift to you : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You had Bob Sanders in for a visit yesterday??!  Wow!!

The SB trophy is yours in 2011!  Keep kicking those tires.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Now JB-3 made excellent points.  This is all the Jets can do right now.  make the offers and tie these guys up.  this is a fluid situation and the labor issue will definitely have an impact.  overall I am very happy about what we have been able to do before the impending lockout.  I think a new agreement will be signed by August 1.  just my opinion.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

The one thing I feel you are missing is that there is virtually no chance any of these tenders are signed prior to a new CBA and that they would only be signed after the new CBA if for some reason the NFLPA allowed this drastic change to the free agency model that we saw in 2010 compared to previous years.  Considering everything else that the owners are seeking, I can't imagine this would be a priority for them.  Additionally these players could not be signed by other teams anyway unless they were released prior to the Thursday deadline, so essentially these tenders amount to due dilligence paperwork; something that is smart to do in order to hedge bets, but ultimately doesn't have any impact.  These tenders in no way "tie these guys up".  You can think of them as normal contract offers more than RFA tenders simply because these tenders will in all likelihood be ruled null and void upon the signing of a new CBA.  I just want to make sure that you understand that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I see.  I say that I am not going to be on the board today and 2 of the biggest losers I have ever come into contact on the interwebs with take the opportunity to throw insults at me.  what big people i am sure you are.  you are two of the same people that would follow me around this forum after I informed you that I was putting you on ignore.  It truly speaks to who you are away from this board.  It truly does you two losers. as for the real posts on this thread, I think that Patseng's numbers are off.  I looked on that link and I count Braylon on offense.  If you want to count Smith and wayne hunter  I would go along with that as well just for the sake of argument.  Hunter was always going to be replaced by Ducasse and Smith is not in the starting package although he is important as a 4th WR and wildcat qb.   On defense, we have ellis and our safety.  All others have been addressed. Now for an update: The Jets also made the following qualifying offers to their other potential restricted free agents: WR Brad Smith (second-round tender); QB www.nypost.com/t/Kellen_Clemens " class="topiclink" /> Kellen Clemens (third round); S www.nypost.com/t/Eric_Smith " class="topiclink"> Eric Smith (third round); CB www.nypost.com/t/Drew_Coleman " class="topiclink"> Drew Coleman (sixth round); K www.nypost.com/t/Nick_Folk " class="topiclink"> Nick Folk (sixth round); S James Ihedigbo (right of first refusal); OL Rob Turner (right of first refusal). Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/homebound_jets_CamMWUi3vLBo1Me1z0Uf5I#ixzz1FTAxFtlY So we have pretty much sured everything up except for Braylon and hunter.  We also just had that safety from Indy in yesterday or today.  BOB SANDERS!!!!  It is amazing how hamstrung the jets are in 2011!!! Simply amazing!!!! Now JB-3 made excellent points.  This is all the Jets can do right now.  make the offers and tie these guys up.  this is a fluid situation and the labor issue will definitely have an impact.  overall I am very happy about what we have been able to do before the impending lockout.  I think a new agreement will be signed by August 1.  just my opinion. Des--I cant wait to line up this year.  It is going to be SUPER!!!!!
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

What's wrong child? Don't tell me you're tired of being exposed for the idiot we all know you are. So far this week you've shown that you know more about Renaissance Festivals and cockroaches than football. Whats next? Quilting? Not to mention that you're too much of a weenie to be to take what you dish. You're a virtual tough guy in the virtual world but in the real world you have less balls than a 5 year girl.

But hey thanks for all the laughs. Nothing more pathetic than a fan of a team spending everyday trying to convince people that a team that hasn't done it on the field since LBJ was president is a championship caliber team on paper. I guess i shouldn't be surprised since your personal sports experiences all come from computer games and TV.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : The one thing I feel you are missing is that there is virtually no chance any of these tenders are signed prior to a new CBA and that they would only be signed after the new CBA if for some reason the NFLPA allowed this drastic change to the free agency model that we saw in 2010 compared to previous years.  Considering everything else that the owners are seeking, I can't imagine this would be a priority for them.  Additionally these players could not be signed by other teams anyway unless they were released prior to the Thursday deadline, so essentially these tenders amount to due dilligence paperwork; something that is smart to do in order to hedge bets, but ultimately doesn't have any impact.  These tenders in no way "tie these guys up".  You can think of them as normal contract offers more than RFA tenders simply because these tenders will in all likelihood be ruled null and void upon the signing of a new CBA.  I just want to make sure that you understand that.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Dude, he doesn't get it.   Jets fans are some of the most clueless when it comes to understanding the business side of the NFL.

This is why they can't see the Jets are taking the Skins/Raiders model and gambling with it.

You're wasting your time trying to articulate facts and reason with him/her.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : The one thing I feel you are missing is that there is virtually no chance any of these tenders are signed prior to a new CBA and that they would only be signed after the new CBA if for some reason the NFLPA allowed this drastic change to the free agency model that we saw in 2010 compared to previous years.  Considering everything else that the owners are seeking, I can't imagine this would be a priority for them.  Additionally these players could not be signed by other teams anyway unless they were released prior to the Thursday deadline, so essentially these tenders amount to due dilligence paperwork; something that is smart to do in order to hedge bets, but ultimately doesn't have any impact.  These tenders in no way "tie these guys up".  You can think of them as normal contract offers more than RFA tenders simply because these tenders will in all likelihood be ruled null and void upon the signing of a new CBA.  I just want to make sure that you understand that.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

I do realize that there may not be a tiered tender system as exists now under the current cba although one could be agreed upon.  I am not sure how big of an issue it actually is in these negotiations and I would think there is a possibility of a transition into a new agreement though.  If there is, players that have been tendered may be treated differently that those that were not.  to say that they wont have any impact is the same as me saying that they will imo.  we just dont know so we do what we can now and see how things shake out.  What we can do now is make the offers and get our plan written out even if it is in pencil.

What do you think will happen if we get into august and no deal is done.  How will football be played this year on such short notice if at all.  Lets say on August 3rd a deal is struck.  what will happen in 2011, how will FAs and UFAs be treated.  will they have 1 week to find a new team sign a deal and get into camp?  Again I would think that 2011 is a transition year and these tenders may hold up.  I think that this could help us in 2011.  Then again for all we know there will be no football in 2011.  lets hope that there is. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

^^^^

Sections
Shortcuts