NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD

In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : Dude, he doesn't get it.   Jets fans are some of the most clueless when it comes to understanding the business side of the NFL. This is why they can't see the Jets are taking the Skins/Raiders model and gambling with it. You're wasting your time trying to articulate facts and reason with him/her.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

As a test I just went into the mens room and had a football discussion with the urinal. I found it to be much more informed and articulate than Wedat. although it's much more fun to ppiss on Wedat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Do I sense a tantrum coming on? Now Now Wedat you know your mommy will lock you in your cage early if you get out of hand. I do have a question for you. Do you share your Rennasance Festival turkey leg with your cockroaches? You should. After all they're probably your closest friends. I bet you have names for them all.

PS Sanchez released a statement asking you to please stop sending him pictures of you in your Hogwarts robe and asking him to guess if you're wearing anything underneath. He said your medieval princess outfit doesn't do anything for him either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

lol princess, way to regurgitate garbage i dumped on you yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Poor baby can't take what you dish. The fact is it's you that brings up and has a great amount of knowledge of the goings on at Renaissance festivals and it's you that thought of cockroaches when insects were mentioned despite the fact that flying buzzing insects was the original post.

So it seems my sad little boy you've been spanked with your own paddle. I realize that if Sanchez was doing the spanking in person with a real paddle you'd be moaning with pleasure instead of ramping up to one of your famous hissy fits but just like the Jets winning the Super Bowl your little fantasies will once again have to go unfulfilled. Face it boy on here you're just everyone's little biatch to slap around. You must enjoy it since you insist on coming back for more day after day.

PS I mentioned you being ppissed on in the figurative sense but once again your twisted little mind immediately focused on it as a sexual perversion. Once again you've gone with your own personal experiences.

As for insertion of foriegn objects...You've had a rather strange obsession with Tom Brady's sex life for years now so you should be the last one to make accusations. We had all thought you had transfered your strange attraction to sanchez but you seem to keep fixating on the sex life of our QB. Then again your ability to project your own strange habits onto others is well known.

Well I'm off to do some grown up stuff. This will give you a chance to delude yourself that you've once again reined supreme with your virtual manliness without the interference of harsh reality. You enjoy the rest of your after school day before mommy locks you up for the night..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : I do realize that there may not be a tiered tender system as exists now under the current cba although one could be agreed upon.  I am not sure how big of an issue it actually is in these negotiations and I would think there is a possibility of a transition into a new agreement though.  If there is, players that have been tendered may be treated differently that those that were not.  to say that they wont have any impact is the same as me saying that they will imo.  we just dont know so we do what we can now and see how things shake out.  What we can do now is make the offers and get our plan written out even if it is in pencil. What do you think will happen if we get into august and no deal is done.  How will football be played this year on such short notice if at all.  Lets say on August 3rd a deal is struck.  what will happen in 2011, how will FAs and UFAs be treated.  will they have 1 week to find a new team sign a deal and get into camp?  Again I would think that 2011 is a transition year and these tenders may hold up.  I think that this could help us in 2011.  Then again for all we know there will be no football in 2011.  lets hope that there is. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

And that's a very fair point.  I would like to point out that my assumptions are based on the previous CBA while yours are based to the year which was the exception, which is why I am more skeptical of that outcome.  If any RFA tenders are going to be honored, I feel as though they will only be for players who would have been RFA's under the old CBA, although that is only a hunch.

As for what will happen to the 2011-2012 season at large, that largely depends on when the new CBA is reached.  I believe that it is in the players and owners best interests to salvage any part of the season that they can in order to keep the fans on board and avoid a NHL situation after their lockout.  Personally, I feel that any partial 2011-2012 season would greatly favor teams that had the most players returning from last year and had a stable coaching staff in place, so that the players would already know the majority of the schemes.  I feel this greatly favors New England, and I think that the Jets will suffer because of the large turnover in personnel, which would only be exacerbated if the tenders for the 6 years players don't hold up.

Also, as a side note the Jets are looking at bringing Jenkins back at a reduced salary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : Dude, he doesn't get it.   Jets fans are some of the most clueless when it comes to understanding the business side of the NFL. This is why they can't see the Jets are taking the Skins/Raiders model and gambling with it. You're wasting your time trying to articulate facts and reason with him/her.

I actually know quite a few intelligent Jets fans, as I live in the Stamford, CT area.  Honestly I haven't seen anything that he's said as overly off-base.  I think his biggest problem is that he used the NY POst as a source of football information and he get excited... can hardly blame a fan for being happy about great news, even if it was later found to be false because it was the NY Post.

Is it really that bad that he heard about the RFA tender offers and became excited?  Even if you think that the tenders won't matter, it's a fans right to be happy when their team is making the effort to keep a core group of guys around.  Also, he seems to be perfectly respectful if you don't attack him.

Edit:  To be clear, I agree that they are following a Skins/Raiders model, although they certainly have a better QB than either of those teams, which helps to elevate them above the Skins/Raiders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We're far past that stage. He's been trolling here for a while now.

So, if he knows who you are and you drew him back down from the peak before with his delusions, he took offense and remembered it.

All his troll Jet buddies do that here. Any comment remotely seen as negative or not as rosy as he thinks it should be, your name goes on the list here.

You'd think he'd have these discussions on a Jets board, like a normal human.

I, too, know some Jets fans and they aren't anywhere near as positive because they are a little more realistic.

One thing to be exicted, another to be realistic and honest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : I actually know quite a few intelligent Jets fans, as I live in the Stamford, CT area.  Honestly I haven't seen anything that he's said as overly off-base.  I think his biggest problem is that he used the NY POst as a source of football information and he get excited... can hardly blame a fan for being happy about great news, even if it was later found to be false because it was the NY Post. Is it really that bad that he heard about the RFA tender offers and became excited?  Even if you think that the tenders won't matter, it's a fans right to be happy when their team is making the effort to keep a core group of guys around.  Also, he seems to be perfectly respectful if you don't attack him.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

He's been posting garbage under dozens of names for years. Being civil with new posters is part of his game. He also has a habit of posting as disgruntled pats fan. Give it time and you'll come to know him for the twisted little boy he really is. Better yet click on his name and read through some of his previous garbage. You'll see why he's sometimes called Sybil

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : He's been posting garbage under dozens of names for years. Being civil with new posters is part of his game. He also has a habit of posting as disgruntled pats fan. Give it time and you'll come to know him for the twisted little boy he really is.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.  I've actually been around a couple years now, I was previously on here as RahZid, but figured I should go to something that I still relate to instead of an old college reference.  I'm usually over on the Sox board, but things have been slow at work since I moved to a new business.  Personally I like having fans of other teams on the boards, as it provides a unique perspective, so long as they remain civil.  So long as he ramains civil with me, I have no reason to get involved in the attacks that I've seen the past couple of days, good thing there were so many extra Gholston threads.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : I actually know quite a few intelligent Jets fans, as I live in the Stamford, CT area.  Honestly I haven't seen anything that he's said as overly off-base.  I think his biggest problem is that he used the NY POst as a source of football information and he get excited... can hardly blame a fan for being happy about great news, even if it was later found to be false because it was the NY Post. Is it really that bad that he heard about the RFA tender offers and became excited?  Even if you think that the tenders won't matter, it's a fans right to be happy when their team is making the effort to keep a core group of guys around.  Also, he seems to be perfectly respectful if you don't attack him. Edit:  To be clear, I agree that they are following a Skins/Raiders model, although they certainly have a better QB than either of those teams, which helps to elevate them above the Skins/Raiders.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

that was funny. I use the ny post for my source and this my problem.

I just dont see how the league can play a shortened season with a very short camp and have all these players unsigned for 2011.  Maybe I am being naive or a homer since it would probably not benefit the jets but I just cant see it.  Is this what was done in past shortened seasons.  I really dont see this thing getting worked out until there is the ultimate pressure of losing a season.  I would like it to be worked out today but i dont see an end in sight...

crusty and princess, take what little dignity you have left and re-evaluate your life.  it will get better if make an effort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY JETS GET OUT OF CAP JAIL FREE CARD : that was funny. I use the ny post for my source and this my problem. I just dont see how the league can play a shortened season with a very short camp and have all these players unsigned for 2011.  Maybe I am being naive or a homer since it would probably not benefit the jets but I just cant see it.  Is this what was done in past shortened seasons.  I really dont see this thing getting worked out until there is the ultimate pressure of losing a season.  I would like it to be worked out today but i dont see an end in sight...

To be clear, what I meant is that the NY Post isn't the most reputable source for football news, especially when it involves something as complex as the NFL salary cap structure.  It was obviously understandable that you reacted as you did when you saw that and I for one am not about to hold that against you.

There are a couple cases of shortened seasons in the NFL because of player strikes:

That doesn't mean that the same thing would happen this time around and obviously this is a lockout and not a strike, but there is some precedent for a shortened season.

Also I agree that I can't see an end in sight for this negociation, although I should hope they get something worked out by August.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

no, i really thought you comment about the NY Post was funny : )  As far as the actual numbers, I dont think that anyone knows except for the league and they aint giving the real figures up.  If that website was accurate, how could the Jets have offered all of those tenders?  I dont think they could have.

I will stick to my end of July first week of August prediction.  what are you predicting?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I see.  I say that I am not going to be on the board today and 2 of the biggest losers I have ever come into contact on the interwebs with take the opportunity to throw insults at me.  what big people i am sure you are.  you are two of the same people that would follow me around this forum after I informed you that I was putting you on ignore.  It truly speaks to who you are away from this board.  It truly does you two losers. as for the real posts on this thread, I think that Patseng's numbers are off.  I looked on that link and I count Braylon on offense.  If you want to count Smith and wayne hunter  I would go along with that as well just for the sake of argument.  Hunter was always going to be replaced by Ducasse and Smith is not in the starting package although he is important as a 4th WR and wildcat qb.   On defense, we have ellis and our safety.  All others have been addressed. Now for an update: The Jets also made the following qualifying offers to their other potential restricted free agents: WR Brad Smith (second-round tender); QB www.nypost.com/t/Kellen_Clemens " class="topiclink" /> Kellen Clemens (third round); S www.nypost.com/t/Eric_Smith " class="topiclink"> Eric Smith (third round); CB www.nypost.com/t/Drew_Coleman " class="topiclink"> Drew Coleman (sixth round); K www.nypost.com/t/Nick_Folk " class="topiclink"> Nick Folk (sixth round); S James Ihedigbo (right of first refusal); OL Rob Turner (right of first refusal). Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/homebound_jets_CamMWUi3vLBo1Me1z0Uf5I#ixzz1FTAxFtlY So we have pretty much sured everything up except for Braylon and hunter.  We also just had that safety from Indy in yesterday or today.  BOB SANDERS!!!!  It is amazing how hamstrung the jets are in 2011!!! Simply amazing!!!! Now JB-3 made excellent points.  This is all the Jets can do right now.  make the offers and tie these guys up.  this is a fluid situation and the labor issue will definitely have an impact.  overall I am very happy about what we have been able to do before the impending lockout.  I think a new agreement will be signed by August 1.  just my opinion. Des--I cant wait to line up this year.  It is going to be SUPER!!!!!

Please expand on which numbers you don't believe.  From what I can find that website I gave is fairly accurate and has been updated since March 1st. Harris is signing his tag and the cap hit is 10 mil since that is the tag number.  

Holmes had a cap number of 1.4 mil and Cromartie had one of 1.7. Now a 1st and 3rd round tender is worth 2.562mil which is also the cap hit so total they come in as a 5.124mil cap hit.

Now in 2010 the 29th pick came with a cap hit of 1.25 mil the 92nd came in at 700k and well 4 picks from 4-7 came in total of around 1.5mil so for those 6 picks came in roughly 3.5mil which picking so low even a rookie cap won't make a huge difference in those numbers.

Together you get a number roughly what I said which is around 120mil, that can't be argued they are hard numbers. Now the number you can argue is the 130mil cap. That can change, I've honestly heard between 125-135 so that's why I averaged to 130. That doesn't leave you with a lot of room to play with to take care of the 4 players I had listed. Edwards alone had a cap hit of 6.1mil but  it would be possible to extend that hit over the length of a contract so lets say they manage to get it down to the 4mil range. Then Ellis had a cap number of 3.3 but that was the lowest of the 4 year deal that averaged a 5.5 cap hit over the length so lets say he takes a discount to or they lower his cap number in that first year to 4 mil too. We also can't forget about Folk which a kicker of his quality comes in with a cap hit around 1-1.5mil so between those 3 players you'd have .5mil left if the cap is indeed 130mil and a ton of roster spots open. 

As for Sanders well he's played 9 games in 3 years. He's going to come in cheap for one so it's the type of high risk high reward player that the jets can afford right now and 2 the odds of him staying on the field for an extended time are slim given his history so it would be a foolish move to spend any cash on that type of player. But the jets are a swing for the fences and damn the future type of team so it fits their MO 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Braylon Edwards is gone. 

Marky Mark Sanchez better get acquainted for whomever they bring in there so he can get that great compl% and QB rating higher.

lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

whoa whoa, no way ellis gets anything close to that.  he was probably not cut last year as a symbol of good faith to the rest of the team. we have been through a couple of black eyes with pete kendal and a couple of others.  he wasnt worth 4 mill last year and he wont get anything close to that this year.  he had a monster game against your team but he is getting long in the tooth.

I have faith in tanny so he has the plan and i have the faith.  he hasnt done me too wrong yet.  These numbers are all in pencil so once the deal is done with the cba we are all guessing.

2011 better happen for all of us : )

have a good night, i have to get out of here to meet the old lady and kids out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]no, i really thought you comment about the NY Post was funny : )  As far as the actual numbers, I dont think that anyone knows except for the league and they aint giving the real figures up.  If that website was accurate, how could the Jets have offered all of those tenders?  I dont think they could have.   I will stick to my end of July first week of August prediction.  what are you predicting?

Since there is currently no cap the jets could offer whatever they want.  They don't need to be under the cap until there is a cap.  Also, many of the tenders were at the lowest or second lowest level, so it was fairly cheap money.  Here's a breakdown from ESPN for last year:

Right of first refusal$1,226,000
    ROFR & pick in round player was drafted$1,226,000 or 110 percent prior salary
    ROFR & second-round choice$1,809,000 or 110 percent prior salary
    ROFR & first-round choice$2,621,000 or 110 percent prior salary
    ROFR & first-, third-round choices$3,268,000 or 110 percent prior salary

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/19133/rfa-tender-update

As you can see, not a ton of money there.  In the event that they all actually signed their tenders today/tomorrow, cuts could be made elsewhere before the signings became official in order to keep them under the cap as well, not that it really matters though as they won't be signed until there is a new CBA.

As for my prediction, I will admit that I was one of the fools who thought that something would get worked out my tomorrows deadline.  I don't see these negotiations going past mid August though, as even a shortened season is better than no season for both the NFL and NFLPA.  That being said, I am hoping for a resolution by the end of June so we can have a normal season, with only minimal off season interruptions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Someone else posted that the Jets have a free agency disaster on their hands this offseason.  They can't re-sign everyone that they want to sign, and they can't sign anyone else either.  That's one reason why these players must be shipped out early.

I'll add that the Jets are set up to have the second-worst drafting position in the NFL, ahead of only Oakland.  The Jets get picks #30 and #94 over the first three rounds.  Not that the Jets have historically known how to draft anybody, but their odds just went down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Also, keep in mind, the last 2 years as the Jets went 9-7 and 11-5, rocking the NFL world as they ascend into a dynasty, they were the healthiest team in the NFL in terms of man games lost. So, that little known fact is another reason the Jets appeared better than they really are. They dodged a ton of bullets in the health dept.  This does not reflect their depth charts for that very reason. But, closer inspection shows you they have too much money allocated in the wrong areas. So, if you start adding up the math here a little, the chances of them going back to the AFC Title game and winning it, not only are falling by the day, it's incredibly unlikely NY will catch all the breaks they caught the last 2 years. Add that in to the FA hell they are in right now, no 2nd rd draft pick, picking at the back end of the draft, Revis's situation next offseason along with David Harris's possible FA after 2011, and you are looking at a floundering organization who lost a gamble. Jets fans are in denial and have been. If they had  won the SB last year like they knew they had to in order to justify their approach. Deep down, the owner, GM, coaching staff and players know this. Their fans? Not so much, apparently. It's very similar to what happened to Carolina when they started losing on their returns with the Jake Delhomme contract, not dealing Peppers for something knowing they coudn't pay him, overpaying other players who aren't as good as advertised, etc. I agree the cap structure won't stray much from what it was last time in 2009, and you can almost bet the rate hikes will be more favorable to the owners this time around. The players won the deal last time, I doubt they win it this time. New Jets motto: "Stupid is as stupid does"
       Ans that's all I got to say about thaaa ut.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

if you think that crusty's predictions are anything to admire, check back in next season.  see if he did as well as he did this season.  he convinces himself and manages to drag a few mental midgets into his fantasy world.  ask him how long it took him to recover from his guarantee that the pats would never lose to the jets after a bye week.  would never lose to the jets at home in a playoff game.  the jets would implode with all of their "characters" they picked up last year.

Paulk--we will see this year.  we will see what we have after the deal has been done for football this next year.