NY media jumps on Brady remark

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

NY media jumps on Brady remark

JBy Mike Reiss
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Some in the New York media are taking quarterback Tom Brady’s remarks at the team’s send-off rally Sunday as a slight against the Giants.

"We're going down there, and we're going down there for one reason," Brady said at the rally. "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend."

The remark sparked the following headline from ESPNNewYork.com: "Brady planning victory party." The front page of ESPNNewYork also reads, "Not so fast, Tommy." (See above)

Later in the day, after arriving in Indianapolis, Brady was asked if he was hoping to project a confidence to the 25,000 fans in attendance.

“Well, it was a pep rally,” he said, drawing laughter from reporters. “People were pretty excited. Certainly players were excited. I know 25,000 fans who were there were excited as well. It was great to see the support. We get great support, home and away, and hopefully we have some Patriots jerseys in the stands next Sunday night.”

Some other soundbites

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: NY media jumps on Brady remark

"Hopefully"

This is bulliten board material?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

Brady promises to do his best. What an insult to the Giants! No respect!Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Haha, At a network non-televised pep rally to a small collection of fans in their hometown, Tom Brady isn't even allowed to express anything amounting to THIS degree of confidence: "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend."  ROFLOL!!!  This is all ESPN/NY needs in order to whip it towards an international incident of the brash & egotistical NE Patriots contemptuously insulting The NY Giants, as NE is taking NY as being A "beneath-NE-after-thought."  ROF!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

LOL...i saw that.  I was horrified (I didn't say suprised) at the professionalism by ESPN.  I remarked on the site that Fox News would be proud of that leap of logic and use of context.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: NY media jumps on Brady remark:
    [QUOTE]Brady promises to do his best. What an insult to the Giants! No respect!
    Posted by lioneljoe[/QUOTE]

lol, Brady surely is an overconfident & heartless b#st#rd...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

...and he said "hopefully", not when we have our victory party.  It is OK for the NY media to write all about the SB victory parade plans by the city as if it is a given, but, when a Patriots player "hopes" there will be a victory party for the Pats, they leap on it!  So, I guess not a single Patriots player should ever express confidence in themselves to do their best and attempt to win the SB otherwise it will be considered a slight against the NY Giants, huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]LOL...i saw that.  I was horrified (I didn't say suprised) at the professionalism by ESPN.  I remarked on the site that Fox News would be proud of that leap of logic and use of context.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

Trust me Fox news will be calling their lawyers over ESPN stealing their style..LOL 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

This is what the NY media wants Tom and the Patriots to say.

TFB12= The giants are the best we are here because the comish wants us thats it...we have no shot, next question

TFB12= NO i can't throw thats why superbowl MVP,league MVP Manning threw more than  Drew Breeze...oh and better then Rodgers in 2011. 

Pats players= Naaah the Media in NY is right we have no shot.

Thats the kind of crap the media in NY would love. Those leeches.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I agree with the NY media. Brady is waayyyy overconfident.

He's going to try his best at the Super Bowl? Yeah right! He just thinks he's better than everyone.

He's hoping for a big Super Bowl parade in New England next week? Pshhh. He thinks the Giants have no chance!

Oh, it was a pep rally? More like a coronation for King Brady!

That's how the NY media sees it, and that's how I see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I guess if he said OH shucks I'm sorry but we can't beat the mighty Giants then they'd be happy. It's funny the media here in NYC had no problem with Cromarie threatening to end the career of Wes Welker last year that was OK but this is a big deal. Also it's ok to hang Brady in efergy from the roof of a former Soprano's fat star. But they have a problem with this. It's really absurd!!! He didn't guarantee a win he said he's hoping to bring the trophy home!!! That's not arrogance, that's a leader saying he'll do his best!!! All this talk about not being able to say Elite w/o Eli, I'm so sick of that. I hope boy do I hope that it's not even close show who is Elite, Brady!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Simple thought on who will win

Giants get good pass rush on TB, Giants win.
    Giants do not get a good pass rush on TB, Pats win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, they're terrible at this.  This is really on the ssame level of Corey Websters saying he's the best and Welker isn't that great? Really? Watching anyone in NY is very awkward.  They apparently have no idea that literally everyone on the planet finds them incredibly annoying people.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    And most people posting here find you very annoying. Does 4/30/76 mean anything to you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

How braindead can you be? Why doesn't anyone hold the media accountable for manure like this? As for Kevin13130...can someone please get him remedial English help ...he obviously transposes words that he sees and substitutes them for others...Geez can you look any dumber?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with the NY media. Brady is waayyyy overconfident. He's going to try his best at the Super Bowl? Yeah right! He just thinks he's better than everyone. He's hoping for a big Super Bowl parade in New England next week? Pshhh. He thinks the Giants have no chance! It was a pep rally? More like a coronation for King Brady! That's how the NY media sees it, and that's how I see it.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

^ Now Introducing the spectacle your Barker had promised you.  Now ladies & gents, you need full respect towards what you are witnessing...You may feel scared, a bit queezy even- But know that this is simply your pampered civilized presumptions basing certain unfair claims on a creature foreign to our world...  Without further adeu, I GIVE YOU....your target-reader.  Please, please- No flash photography.  Flash photography frightens him- he thinks it's an eclipse, or some deity or other, or maybe he thinks the sky's collapsing, HowTH should I know, Look- He just really freaks, o.k.?  Anyway, blah-blah-blah=Donations at the door...the guy doesn't only live on hay here, folks... 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

The Pats are literally getting no respect here. Everyone is already crowning the giants and the giants have not said one kind word about NE at all. Even Eli is acting all stuck up.

Well next week he will be shaking the winner (Tom Bradys) had for his 4th ring and let it be Brady who doesn't have the time of day for him.

NE is wining this one. Might not be by much but NE wins and all the analyst and well as giants players eat crow and watch the giants players whine once again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

NY desperate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yeah, Giants fans and all New Yawkers will get all upset over that.  The Giants players probably won't even notice.   PATS fans getting all riled up over this crap are doing themselves a disfavor. 

Look, the New York media, with the exception of the New York Times is completely nutz.  The New York Post and the New York Daily News are kissing cousins of the Inquirer and serve no function in society other than to determine where the lowest common denominator actually is and it can always be found in their headlines and what passes for articles.. 

As for ESPN, why do our fans even bother with that?  They hate us.  Do yourselves a favor and tune it out, they aren't going to say anything informative or nice about the PATS. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to NY media jumps on Brady remark:
    [QUOTE]So sick of NY, hope they demolish them! J By Mike Reiss INDIANAPOLIS -- Some in the New York media are taking quarterback Tom Brady’s remarks at the team’s send-off rally Sunday as a slight against the Giants. "We're going down there, and we're going down there for one reason," Brady said at the rally. "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend." The remark sparked the following headline from ESPNNewYork.com: " Brady planning victory party ." The front page of ESPNNewYork also reads, "Not so fast, Tommy." (See above) Later in the day, after arriving in Indianapolis, Brady was asked if he was hoping to project a confidence to the 25,000 fans in attendance. “Well, it was a pep rally,” he said, drawing laughter from reporters. “People were pretty excited. Certainly players were excited. I know 25,000 fans who were there were excited as well. It was great to see the support. We get great support, home and away, and hopefully we have some Patriots jerseys in the stands next Sunday night.” Some other soundbites
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

NY media hores: Small things for small minds.
     (Yawn!)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

His comments is good for him and the Pats.  You have to have a confidence in yourself in order to compete.  He did not guarantees any things but be at his best.
    GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sections
Shortcuts