NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade

Emboldened by their success in pressuring Commissioner Roger Goodell to strip the Pats of a 2008 #1 draft choice, and by shamelessly manufacturing a distracting scandal on the eve of the biggest game in Pats' franchise history, the media is at it again...in the form of Patriot hater Mike Florio.

Florio is doing everything in his power to stir the pot...and to paint BB and the Pats are villains in the decision to trade Seymour. The hope is that they can influence Seymour to not accept the trade, and instead sit out the season. Then...watch as the NFLPA gets involved...and Seymour files a bogus grievance. 

The purpose is to create a huge distraction for the Pats, nullify the trade...and...as a bonus...have the Pats lose Seymour for the season. Want proof? Check out the following PFT.com/Florio articles:  

1.) This article deals with the fact that Seymour has yet to report. Is it so strange that Seymour, shocked by a trade which occurred in the middle of a long weekend, would not show up immediately...flying cross country to California? While this might become a story should Seymour not report by, say, Wednesday, is it really a story now...or is Florio merely trying to hype up the situation, and stir up trouble by villaininzing BB and the Pats? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/what-is-richard-seymour-doesnt-show-in-oakland/   

2.) Seymour could get a 5-day letter. Deal with Oakland may have to be reworked: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/seymour-could-eventually-get-five-day-letter/

3.) No sign of Seymour yet. He's mad: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/no-sign-of-seymour-yet/

4.) Cable says, "Seymour has some things to work out with the Patriots". Was Cable taken out of context? After all, what would Seymour have to work out with the Pats? Is Seymour planning to hold up the trade unless the Pats pay him off?  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/cable-says-seymour-wants-to-be-in-oakland/ 

5.) In this article, Florio states that the Seymour trade is "tenous at best".:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pats-dump-greg-lewis/

6.) Rodney Harrison's somewhat bitter words about how trhe Pats treated him...and says that "I wouldn't go to Oakland": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/

Really...isn't all this a bit much...when Seymour hasn't reported within 24 hours? Could it be that the media is on Pats' destruction another mission?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade

In Response to NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]     Emboldened by their success in pressuring Commissioner Roger Goodell to strip the Pats of a 2008 #1 draft choice, and by shamelessly manufacturing a distracting scandal on the eve of the biggest game in Pats' franchise history, the media is at it again...in the form of Patriot hater Mike Florio.      ....1.) In this article, Florio states that the Seymour trade is "tenous at best".:   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pats-dump-greg-lewis/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

There are some earlier posts in PFT about Tom Cable saying there are "issues" that need to still be worked out between the Pats and Seymour before they can complete the trade, but no word on what those issues are.  I think that's what Florio is referring to.  I don't know if he's trying to get the trade nullfied, I think he's just saying until the trade isn't complete yet.  It's on ESPN too, same basic report.  I wouldn't get worked up about it...yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]     Emboldened by their success in pressuring Commissioner Roger Goodell to strip the Pats of a 2008 #1 draft choice, and by shamelessly manufacturing a distracting scandal on the eve of the biggest game in Pats' franchise history, the media is at it again...in the form of Patriot hater Mike Florio.      Florio is doing everything in his power to stir the pot...and to paint BB and the Pats are villains in the decision to trade Seymour. The hope is that they can influence Seymour to not accept the trade, and instead sit out the season. Then...watch as the NFLPA gets involved...and Seymour files a bogus grievance.       The purpose is to create a huge distraction for the Pats, nullify the trade...and...as a bonus...have the Pats lose Seymour for the season. Want proof? Check out the following PFT.com/Florio articles:   1.) This article deals with the fact that Seymour has yet to report. Is it so strange that Seymour, shocked by a trade which occurred in the middle of a long weekend, would not show up immediately...flying cross country to California? While this might become a story should Seymour not report by, say, Wednesday, is it really a story now...or is Florio merely trying to hype up the situation, and stir up trouble by villaininzing BB and the Pats? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/what-is-richard-seymour-doesnt-show-in-oakland/     2.) Seymour could get a 5-day letter. Deal with Oakland may have to be reworked: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/seymour-could-eventually-get-five-day-letter/ 3.) In this article, Florio states that the Seymour trade is "tenous at best".:   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pats-dump-greg-lewis/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that Seymour doesn't want to sit out a year without pay and if the Patriots file the letter then if he refuses the trade then thats how much money he will get,nothing not a dime!!! So push the envelope Seymour show us the fine education you recieved from Georgia,when your sitting home watching the games on TV like the rest of the country maybe you'll smartin up.Because you will still be Patriot property contracturally meaning they will trade you to another team and when you refuse that trade you can sit for another year making no money,and this little merry go round can happen from now until eternity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

My guess is their working on some long term deal, but Seymour will show and get paid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]In Response to NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade : There are some earlier posts in PFT about Tom Cable saying there are "issues" that need to still be worked out between the Pats and Seymour before they can complete the trade, but no word on what those issues are.  I think that's what Florio is referring to.  I don't know if he's trying to get the trade nullfied, I think he's just saying until the trade isn't complete yet.  It's on ESPN too, same basic report.  I wouldn't get worked up about it...yet.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

The NY media and ESPN are no friends of BB, or the Pats. They would love to see this trade rescinded: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4453249

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' what SI's Peter King said about the Seymour trade:

1.) In the last six drafts, here's where the Raiders have picked in the first round: 7, 4, 1, 7, 7, 2. If the trend continues, the Patriots will have no worse than the seventh pick in the 2011 draft. For a ninth-year defensive lineman who turns 30 in four weeks and who has missed eight games due to injury in the last two years ... well, let's just say Seymour would have to morph into Reggie White (who had 88 sacks after turning 30) to make this deal worth it for Al Davis and the Raiders (notice that the first thing that King says is that the Pats made a killing with this deal).

2.) Seymour, I'm told, is angry about the deal. He lives in Foxboro, has children he may have to relocate to new schools as the school year dawns and has to get acclimated to a new defense (and an awful team) a week before the opening game. "I would not be surprised if he doesn't report,'' a good friend of Seymour's told me Sunday. I would. Aside from not earning his 2009 salary of $3.7 million, Seymour wouldn't be able to be a free-agent if he doesn't play this year. As it stands now, his contract is up after this year, and if he plays well and stays healthy, he could hit the jackpot when next year's probable uncapped season plays out.

3.) This is a deal for Davis to try to win now, obviously. But how many more desperation deals can one team make? Last year, it was $55 million for Javon Walker (who's been a total non-factor), $72 million plus two draft choices for DeAngelo Hall (cut midway through his first Raider year), $39 million for Gibril Wilson (cut after one year), and $50.5 million for Tommy Kelly (a starting defensive tackle still). This offseason, the Raiders made Shane Lechler the highest-paid punter in history, more than doubling the previous record, and gave cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha more guaranteed money than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in their current deals. As crazy as all that is, you know that Seymour will want to get out of Oakland if he can make big money anywhere else, so the Raiders almost have to try to sign him long-term to avoid the embarrassment of him being one-and-done in Oakland.

4.) For New England, it simply reinforces that Bill Belichick will keep you as long as you're worth keeping, and when he's done with you, or when you can be of no more value to him, you're gone. With second-round defensive tackle Ron Brace and sixth-round DT Myron Pryor both showing well in the preseason, and knowing the Patriots weren't going to pay a 30-year-old defensive lineman the $9-million-a-year in free agency some team certainly would have if he had a productive 2009, the decision couldn't have been a painful one for Belichick.

5.) Defensive leaders lost in New England in the last 12 months: Mike Vrabel and Seymour (traded), Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison (retired), and Junior Seau (not re-signed). I can't think of another team that's lost as many cornerstone players and leaders in one year since I've been covering the league.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/09/06/mmqb/1.html#ixzz0QU9XRiJ7

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

big shocker ... someone from the New york media ripping into a patriots trade

sheesh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

What's he making something like 3.7 million this year. He shouldn't have too much trouble relocating his family. Big Sey needs to grow up. This story is starting to sound like the Cutler fiasco. That's right Sey------it's a BUSINESS. You should know that. You held out on us before. The tables have turned and now your pouting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommissionerBS. Show CommissionerBS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade : There are some earlier posts in PFT about Tom Cable saying there are "issues" that need to still be worked out between the Pats and Seymour before they can complete the trade, but no word on what those issues are.  I think that's what Florio is referring to.  I don't know if he's trying to get the trade nullfied, I think he's just saying until the trade isn't complete yet.  It's on ESPN too, same basic report.  I wouldn't get worked up about it...yet.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Probably just a question of whether he should take his PEDs with him or use the ones that the Raiders will provide to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

The thing that is frustrating about all of this is that, when things like a trade like this go down, so few sportswriters who toss in their two cents actually know what they are talking about, and a few of these guys obviously have an agenda to make some mischief, you don't know what to believe. Not just because of an anti-Patriots bias, but also because a trainwreck that leads to a war of words and the league stepping in is a much more interesting story.

If this trade is a done deal or not, and Oakland and Richard Seymour just have to deal or not, I'll wait until the league verifies what's going on at this point. Everything else I am taking with a grain of salt.

If Seymour does have an out that blows up this trade, or the Raiders have some way to weasel out of this deal, it's going to be as big a surprise to many Patriots fans as the news that Seymour was traded in the first place, and I blame the sportswriters for that, both here and nationally.

Taking a teams press releases and putting it in an article and not digging deeper is how things turn into ulcer generating ordeals for the fans. Everything I see about this maybe going wrong seems to be based on things that wouldn't fly as junior high school gossip at this point. But if it turns out to be true, the initial coverage of this trade was a great disservice to the fans.

At this point, the Patriots and the Raiders and Seymour are all in full PR mode, we need solid information not opinion, because if this can be a trainwreck, you won't find out until the mangled cars and broken tracks are all over the back page of the newspapers... and that's just wrong.

And these jerks complain about bloggers all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

How is Florio NY Media?  He's from WV and people accuse him constnatly of being bias for the Patriots.  He's constantly praising Belichick and the Patriots organization.  Just because he's talking about all possible scenario's doesn't mean he's trying to dismantle the trade, he takes this approach with a lot of stories.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No one is against the Patriots. Seymour will be in practice on tuesday. He is just a little shocked that he was so easily traded away from the only team he has ever known and won 3 Superbowls with decided to trade him away six days before the start of a season. He'll over come it and play well in '09 to warrant that big contract he wants. 

So long, Big Sey. You were the last member of the defense that won the first two Superbowls. You are as much a part of the New England Patriots' dynasty as Bruschi, Brady, Belichick, Pioli, Kraft, and the fans themselves. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Funny thing is the Patriots have said they are unaware of any issues left to deal with Seymour. Yet, Oak says there are. Definitely something going on. With the start a week away, you figure they want him their quickly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Concerned84041. Show Concerned84041's posts

[QUOTE]How is Florio NY Media?  He's from WV and people accuse him constnatly of being bias for the Patriots.  He's constantly praising Belichick and the Patriots organization.  Just because he's talking about all possible scenario's doesn't mean he's trying to dismantle the trade, he takes this approach with a lot of stories.
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Was going to write the same thing.  Everytime Florio posts something bad/controversial about any team, that teams' fan chirp in he's anti-them.  Florio certainly is not New York media.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

you notice that all the "issues" talk is coming from the Raiders side and none from the Pats side.  The Raiders may be haveing a little buyers remorsee after making this trade. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]     Emboldened by their success in pressuring Commissioner Roger Goodell to strip the Pats of a 2008 #1 draft choice, and by shamelessly manufacturing a distracting scandal on the eve of the biggest game in Pats' franchise history, the media is at it again...in the form of Patriot hater Mike Florio.      Florio is doing everything in his power to stir the pot...and to paint BB and the Pats are villains in the decision to trade Seymour. The hope is that they can influence Seymour to not accept the trade, and instead sit out the season. Then...watch as the NFLPA gets involved...and Seymour files a bogus grievance.       The purpose is to create a huge distraction for the Pats, nullify the trade...and...as a bonus...have the Pats lose Seymour for the season. Want proof? Check out the following PFT.com/Florio articles:   1.) This article deals with the fact that Seymour has yet to report. Is it so strange that Seymour, shocked by a trade which occurred in the middle of a long weekend, would not show up immediately...flying cross country to California? While this might become a story should Seymour not report by, say, Wednesday, is it really a story now...or is Florio merely trying to hype up the situation, and stir up trouble by villaininzing BB and the Pats? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/what-is-richard-seymour-doesnt-show-in-oakland/     2.) Seymour could get a 5-day letter. Deal with Oakland may have to be reworked: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/seymour-could-eventually-get-five-day-letter/ 3.) No sign of Seymour yet. He's mad: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/no-sign-of-seymour-yet/ 4.) Cable says, "Seymour has some things to work out with the Patriots". Was Cable taken out of context? After all, what would Seymour have to work out with the Pats? Is Seymour planning to hold up the trade unless the Pats pay him off?   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/cable-says-seymour-wants-to-be-in-oakland/   5.) In this article, Florio states that the Seymour trade is "tenous at best".:   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pats-dump-greg-lewis/ 6.) Rodney Harrison's somewhat bitter words about how trhe Pats treated him...and says that "I wouldn't go to Oakland": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/      Really...isn't all this a bit much...when Seymour hasn't reported within 24 hours? Could it be that the media is on Pats' destruction another mission?  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]  Good post, Seymore can do whatever he wishes but he'll never play a down in a Patriot uniform again. His era is over the sooner he accepts it and moves on the better it'll be for him and his family. I wish him the best and thank him for his efforts while in NE. He better wake up get on the plane to Oakland, learn their system, play his heart out and maybe some team will be willing to take a chance on his producing for them and offer that final large contract. He sounds like a spoiled brat at this juncture.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fabroni. Show Fabroni's posts

Tecnically if Seymour was to sit out the year he would be out this years salary and the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus, which he would have to give back to the patriots. He would be out about 6-7 million, and possibly lower the cap hit to the patriots from 3 million  to seven million. Big chunk of money to lose if RS were to sit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I thought Florio was a West Virginia guy.  As for specific hate, I don't know.  I've seen his posts praise the pats and trash them.  He has trashed every team, and also praised the good ones.  I think he is only interested in himself.  

He commonly posts rumor and infers things with little to no basis for it and admits to it.  As fans (of whatever team) we hate to read this stuff, and I think you are taking it a bit far to suggest there is an effort underway to nullify the trade.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]big shocker ... someone from the New york media ripping into a patriots trade sheesh
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Why so surprised? SOMETHING needs to make news in the Huge Applecore, seeing that the only news the local "collectives" can produce involve an idiot WR shooting himself, adn a "genius" being run out of town to Cleveland.

NY media is jealous, pure and simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Florio is an indescriminant muckracker. Most likely the Pats will get the pick and Oak will get Seymour - who probably wants to get paid ~$4M rather than nothing.

Florio actually pointed out during "Videogate" that the Pats hadn't broken any rule, since the rule ESPN and the like referred to was geared towards MEDIA not teams.  (The Pats were fined for defying the commissioner). He also implied Senator Spector had helped arrange for the lawyer who represented the former videographer dude who supposedly had evidence of SB spying. but actually had nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Florio can jaw all he wants and the Raiders Brass can act like petulant children. Doesn't mean a thing unless A) Sey fails the physical or B) Sey and his agent have a no trade clause. Buyer's remorse is not cause for legal action. The Raiders and Seymour can complain all they want the deal will not be rescinded.......Caveat Emptor ladies Caveat Emptor .....Bad deal or good deal you live with the consequences of your actions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]How is Florio NY Media?  He's from WV and people accuse him constnatly of being bias for the Patriots.  He's constantly praising Belichick and the Patriots organization.  Just because he's talking about all possible scenario's doesn't mean he's trying to dismantle the trade, he takes this approach with a lot of stories.
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Its' not where he's from...its' where he operates...NBC sports. Furthermore, Florio has firmly established himself as a hater...still making snide remarks about "spygate" every chance he gets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Florio can jaw all he wants and the Raiders Brass can act like petulant children. Doesn't mean a thing unless A) Sey fails the physical or B) Sey and his agent have a no trade clause. Buyer's remorse is not cause for legal action. The Raiders and Seymour can complain all they want the deal will not be rescinded.......Caveat Emptor ladies Caveat Emptor .....Bad deal or good deal you live with the consequences of your actions.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Our good buds at the Herald apparently started this mess about Seymour having "other issues" with the Pats. Whether they created the suggestion, or, more likely, Seymour's agent, Eugene Parker, thought of it...Seymour might be trying to hold up the Pats for a sort of "severance package", in return for him accepting the trade, and reporting to Oakland: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/herald-report-vaguely-cites-financial-issues-between-seymour-and-patriots/.

If that is the case, the Pats should tell Seymour and Parker to "stick it"...and let Seymour sit out the year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' whats' being said in Raiderland about the Seymour deal: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_13287895

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

im sorry but i have to laugh at the poster who accuses ESPN of trying to tamper or make the pats look bad...

ESPN suc.ks off krafty, belicheat and TB at every whisper of the word "pats"

to think espn doesnt like the pats is to think that espn doesnt like money

Sections
Shortcuts