NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade

Seymour has no recourse. If he refuses to report to the Raiders, NE can give him a five day letter, and if he ignores that, he's placed on an inactive reserve status. While he would still be under contract to NE, he would not play (or get paid), and he would still have a year left on said contract (with NE) at the end of the year. If he really wants to make a big contract as a FA, he'll have to go to Oakland and be productive. He need not sign a long term with the Raiders, though they may slap the tag on him in 2010. If they don't he will be a FA in an (likely) uncapped year. The smart thing for him to do is s u c k it up and endure a season in the black hole!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLeonHess. Show LLeonHess's posts

Geez-NE Fans whining???Shocker!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justin-R. Show Justin-R's posts

Interesting theory.  I agree this is being blown out of proportion.  What will further feed it is the fact that Oakland Media may not buy in to the trade as being a good one. 

Seymour has to play.  He paid taxes on his signing bonus.  If he sits out after getting a five day letter and has to return his bonus, it would be very painful.  I sympathize with him and would never go to Oakland willingly under Al Davis.... but he has more than 3.7 million reasons to be there.  In his situation, I would keep the family in Foxboro and then he will control his destiny as a free agent in 2010. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

In Response to Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade :      Its' not where he's from...its' where he operates...NBC sports. Furthermore, Florio has firmly established himself as a hater...still making snide remarks about "spygate" every chance he gets.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

You could not be more wrong,  first off he still runs everything from WV, he pointed out that he didn't have to give up any control of how he runs the site to get picked up by NBC they picked up getting him enough bandwidth to stop the sight from going down in exchange for some ad space and the traffic running through them he made that clear when they change happened he doesn't have to worry about NBC's "agenda".  Second you need to understand a thing called sarcasm when he mentions spygate stuff, he's constantly critized for kissing the butts of Belichick, Brady and Kraft.  I'd say he's pretty neutral when it comes down to it, if anything he'd be leaning more towards a Patriot fan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade : You could not be more wrong,  first off he still runs everything from WV, he pointed out that he didn't have to give up any control of how he runs the site to get picked up by NBC they picked up getting him enough bandwidth to stop the sight from going down in exchange for some ad space and the traffic running through them he made that clear when they change happened he doesn't have to worry about NBC's "agenda".  Second you need to understand a thing called sarcasm when he mentions spygate stuff, he's constantly critized for kissing the butts of Belichick, Brady and Kraft.  I'd say he's pretty neutral when it comes down to it, if anything he'd be leaning more towards a Patriot fan
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Mike...is Florio a  distant cousin of yours :)? Please show me a positive article Florio has written on the Pats since spygate. He's always looking to stir the pot, and to shape public opinion against BB and the Pats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLeonHess. Show LLeonHess's posts

Videogate Spygate or whatever you want to call it will never go away and quite honestly it shouldn't.

Ignoring the fact that BB cheated is very popular in the NE area.The fact of the matter is that BB did cheat and that's how he is perceived everywhere in the Sports world except of course NE.
    Please STOP all threads that start with "Everybody is against the pats and I'm here to whine about it".

Thanks from everybody

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Isn't it funny how the Indianapolis Colts get praised, for the very things that BB and the Pats' get villified for: http://www.indystar.com/article/20090908/SPORTS15/909080344/1004/SPORTS/Colts+keep+sentimentality+out+of+equation

When both Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi retired, and Vrabbel and Seymour were traded, the Pats were criticised for not rewarding loyalty...and for being so bottom line/business-like. Where were the media outcries when the Colts jettisoned Marvin Harrison, Brandon Stokely, Dominik Rhodes, and Edgerrin James? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwaggerliciousLeon. Show SwaggerliciousLeon's posts

Public opinion about BB is that he is a cheat and nobody can understand how he kept his job!

That opinion exists everywhere except NE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Do I have this right?

When Seymour wants more money, he decides football is a business . . .

but when the team decides football is a business, Seymour is "angry."

F*ck him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Do I have this right? When Seymour wants more money, he decides football is a business . . . but when the team decides football is a business, Seymour is "angry." F*ck him.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

PMike_How are ya!?

Easy on the language big guy!LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Why is the media doing what it can to squash the Seymour trade? Read this "Ode to Uncle Al", written and produced with the help of some cold, hard football facts: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2796_Al_Davis_gets_played_like_a_Hammond_organ.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]    well, let's just say Seymour would have to morph into Reggie White (who had 88 sacks after turning 30) to make this deal worth it for Al Davis and the Raiders (notice that the first thing that King says is that the Pats made a killing with this deal).    

Don't anyone be surprised when he does start playing like Reggie White...

Unshackled from the run responsibilities of a 3/4 and turned loose in a rushing the QB every down defense like a 4/3 and he will average double digit sacks in any healthy season.  Mt. Seymour is as close a case to Reggie White, probably moreso than any other in this generation of players, but his unfortunate statistical sack total suffered when he came to the PAT'S; he is one of the few guys athletic and large enough to play tackle or end in the 4/3 and dominate both.

Ironically this same season in his career was White's first in Green Bay after playing with the Eagles his entire career, this will be Seymour's first season playing for somebody else.  If he goes to a 4/3 defense than I'll guess 13 or more sacks for Sey, that's what White averaged in that first year at Lambeau.  The main difference of course is the stats; White had sacks but had to wait an entire career before finally getting two super bowl rings; Richard won his first as a rookie starter ending up with three.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade:
    [QUOTE]     Emboldened by their success in pressuring Commissioner Roger Goodell to strip the Pats of a 2008 #1 draft choice, and by shamelessly manufacturing a distracting scandal on the eve of the biggest game in Pats' franchise history, the media is at it again...in the form of Patriot hater Mike Florio.      Florio is doing everything in his power to stir the pot...and to paint BB and the Pats are villains in the decision to trade Seymour. The hope is that they can influence Seymour to not accept the trade, and instead sit out the season. Then...watch as the NFLPA gets involved...and Seymour files a bogus grievance.       The purpose is to create a huge distraction for the Pats, nullify the trade...and...as a bonus...have the Pats lose Seymour for the season. Want proof? Check out the following PFT.com/Florio articles:   1.) This article deals with the fact that Seymour has yet to report. Is it so strange that Seymour, shocked by a trade which occurred in the middle of a long weekend, would not show up immediately...flying cross country to California? While this might become a story should Seymour not report by, say, Wednesday, is it really a story now...or is Florio merely trying to hype up the situation, and stir up trouble by villaininzing BB and the Pats? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/what-is-richard-seymour-doesnt-show-in-oakland/     2.) Seymour could get a 5-day letter. Deal with Oakland may have to be reworked: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/seymour-could-eventually-get-five-day-letter/ 3.) No sign of Seymour yet. He's mad: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/no-sign-of-seymour-yet/ 4.) Cable says, "Seymour has some things to work out with the Patriots". Was Cable taken out of context? After all, what would Seymour have to work out with the Pats? Is Seymour planning to hold up the trade unless the Pats pay him off?   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/cable-says-seymour-wants-to-be-in-oakland/   5.) In this article, Florio states that the Seymour trade is "tenous at best".:   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/pats-dump-greg-lewis/ 6.) Rodney Harrison's somewhat bitter words about how trhe Pats treated him...and says that "I wouldn't go to Oakland": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/      Really...isn't all this a bit much...when Seymour hasn't reported within 24 hours? Could it be that the media is on Pats' destruction another mission?  

This may be the studidest post ever placed on this site.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Public opinion about BB is that he is a cheat and nobody can understand how he kept his job! That opinion exists everywhere except NE!
    Posted by SwaggerliciousLeon[/QUOTE]

We know he is a cheat and we know why he keeps his job...he wins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]     Heres' whats' being said in Raiderland about the Seymour deal: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_13287895

Seymour is a great player who will do well for an improving Raiders' team.
    You would think the "rebuilding" Raiders would be the team interested in getting younger and the "Super Bowl bound" Pats would want the great player now. This trade is just too weird.
    Maybe the fact that we have only 3 players on the roster from the 2006 and 2007 drafts is influencing BB's mania to "get younger".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For those who still don't believe that Mike Florio is a Patriot hater, trying to stir the pot of the Seymour situation, heres' more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/seymour-situation-keeps-getting-stranger/

To sum it up, Florio says that the Seymour situation keeps getting stranger. But, in fact, theres' been nothing new...other than Seymour has yet to report. Florio ends his latest bs pot stirring session with the sentence, "The Seymour situation keeps getting stranger...and we love it".

I'm sure you do, Florio.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Florio should get the Pulitzer prize for his insight .If you don't like what somebody is writing then why read it!?

Seymour doesn't play for the pats anymore(snicker snicker)so why do you keep harping on it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Here I go, saying this again:

This is what happens when you have a virtually unlimited number of media outlets and a requisite number of retards trying to fill column inches -- or bandwidth, as the case may be. We've already seen the proliferation of the ever-popular "unnamed source" allowing pundits to simply make stuff up when they have nothing to write about. Why not have this meathead describing no change in the situation as "getting stranger."

And to think, if I had only been born 20 years later, I could have skipped journalism school altogether.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Whats' likely happening is that Seymour is trying to leverage the Raiders into a lucrative contract extension...or the Patriots into some sort of severance package (in return for him reporting to the Raiders).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more analysis of the Seymour trade: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81273e43&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PedroiaThaDestroyah. Show PedroiaThaDestroyah's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Texas Pat - I have a dead horse here.Would you mind coming over here and beat it to death!? Get my point?Will you please just once in your lives stop with the everybody is against us attitude!It's sickening really to listen to a bunch of grown men whine over what a sports writer has to say.
    Posted by LeonLike[/QUOTE]

That horse was originally killed by you beating it to death by Repeating "Pats 8-8" about 7 times mixed up with all New England Hate. take you own advice, If you don't like New England Sports for example, Then Why worry about it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY Media Working to Nullify Seymour Trade : That horse was originally killed by you beating it to death by Repeating "Pats 8-8" about 7 times mixed up with all New England Hate. take you own advice, If you don't like New England Sports for example, Then Why worry about it?
    Posted by PedroiaThaDestroyah[/QUOTE]

He worries about the Pats out of fear...LOL!! Otherwise, why would this dumbazz Jets' fan care?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Once again, Mike Florio shows that hes' simply trying to stir the pot...and manufacture a distraction to the Pats on the eve of the opening of the season. 

Previously, Florio stupidly stated that the Pats released WR Greg Lewis, in order to make room for Richard Seymour...when the Raider trade gets' nullified. But, in reality, the Pats cut Lewis in order to sign CB Bret Lockett...released by the Cleveland Browns: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/09/08/patriots_claim_db_lockett_release_wr_lewis/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PedroiaThaDestroyah. Show PedroiaThaDestroyah's posts

[QUOTE]Holy S hit-Texas Pat-Let it go.For the love of everything holy.....Let IT GO! Or just keep harping on it.You seem to enjoy it.Kind of weird but you are a pats fan! Lets get something straight Pedroverrated shall we?I don't hate New England,actually if you read my other thread you would see that I think it's a beautiful place to visit, of course.I don't hate the sox the pats or any other team from that area.What I hate is the fanbase of those teams in that area. You've earned that!
    Posted by LeonLike[/QUOTE]

i think i deserve some kind of medal for this achievement

Sections
Shortcuts