NY/NY reaction!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: NY/NY reaction!

In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : Sorry, russ, but I think you're wrong. I don't think they'll have to wait until the end of the season for all the heckling that will ensue. I think it'll happen before that.
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

The heckling will come from the die hard (fairweather) Jest fans!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]that Brandon Jacobs run just negated all the hype of their all out blitz, know its coming, recognize the blitz quietly and have one huge play. Without Revis they are beatable.  
    Posted by akius[/QUOTE]

They proved last year that they are beatable with Revis. 

Rex Ryan is as culpable for Revis' holdout as anyone.  But this is a non-issue.  Revis will be there opening day

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Are the Patriots a better or wrose team today then they were on Nov. 22, 2009? Are the Jets a better or worse team today than they were on Nov. 22, 2009?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Are the Patriots a better or wrose team today then they were on Nov. 22, 2009? Are the Jets a better or worse team today than they were on Nov. 22, 2009?
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to say that the Jets have gotten just a little better.  The Patriots are definitely better now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : I'm going to say that the Jets have gotten just a little better.  The Patriots are definitely better now. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Pats D is improved and will hold in the red zone and with late game leads. (Also will add some scoring this year. Pats O is light-years better with a healthy, confident Brady, better running (TE) , loaded strength in receiving.

Jets D is worse with out revis. Will be slightly worse with revis. Jets O better with receivers added, worse on run..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

We all know that what it really comes down to is what happens in the regular season. If any of us knew for sure, we could go to Vegas and walk away wealthy. Right now all the fans of any team can do is discuss and speculate. What the jets have done, however, is taken it one step further than most other teams. Even the most optimistic of Pat fans realize that we've a lot of questions to be answered and though we have high hopes, nobody here is bragging or pounding their chests saying we're going to win the Superbowl. The jets and their fans just don't seem to get it. They've brought all the criticism and hatred on themselves. Nobody likes a loud-mouth braggart. Particularly if they've proved absolutely nothing so far. They've set themselves up to be the laughing stock of the NFL if they don't come through.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

You know what would be hilarious after all the Revis hype?

When he does come back (because let's face it, we all know he'll be there Week 1) he has an average season.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Fat Rex, You aren't very bright if you are using a game like that against many starters missing on a .500 Giants team last year, not even game planning, and pretending that's a good measuring stick for a QB who is under a ton of pressure this year. The last thing I'd want to see in a game that opens a stadium, where it's a home game and you want a clean performance is a pick 6. You don't get it. He should look VERY GOOD with no mistakes in that situation with a good run game. Not mediocre trying to constantly run slant routes underneath all the time. Baltimore will have a good game plan and he will be under immense pressure to not mess up the opener in a month. Don't blow that one because you are looking at a hungry NE team in Week 2. And if he blows that one.....Well, I don't need to tell you anymore. That opener will such a pressure packed 1st week, Sanchez will either control that game or fold. Good thing the Jets brought this kind of pressure on themselves. The arrogance is unparalleled.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Fat Rex, You aren't very bright if you are using a game like that against many starters missing on a .500 Giants team last year, not even game planning, and pretending that's a good measuring stick for a QB who is under a ton of pressure this year. The last thing I'd want to see in a game that opens a stadium, where it's a home game and you want a clean performance is a pick 6. You don't get it. He should look VERY GOOD with no mistakes in that situation with a good run game. Not mediocre trying to constantly run slant routes underneath all the time. Baltimore will have a good game plan and he will be under immense pressure to not mess up the opener in a month. Don't blow that one because you are looking at a hungry NE team in Week 2. And if he blows that one.....Well, I don't need to tell you anymore. That opener will such a pressure packed 1st week, Sanchez will either control that game or fold. Good thing the Jets brought this kind of pressure on themselves. The arrogance is unparalleled.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

It was paralleled in the Pats' last SB. Their fans were leaving my place signing a "19 and 0 song", knowing that I'm an NFC Giants fan. The look on their faces when they returned from Arizona. I did remind them of their spewing hubris. Best feeling in the world. Had 100 t-shirts made for the visiting Giants fans that read: "Pride goeth before destruction". They were free and they wore them all over Kennebunkport, Maine for the vacationing Pats following up here. Priceless!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : Classy has nothing to do with confidence.  It's a fear of giving the opponent the psychological edge.   So, you think that it's ok to state your goal in the locker room, but not ok to say it in public?  It has worked, of course less and less so. over the course of the decade.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I think it is wrong to be a fat a.s.s.e.d. blow hard! Big difference in stating your goal and stating that a "has proved nothing" team is going to win it all. You of course can do it all you like, this is the USA, you just sound like a fat a.s.s.e.d. blow hard doing it....but if the gut fits...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

You think that when Bill says (in a monotone voice) "Well they have a pretty good team over there and we are just going to try to slow them down a little bit and make some plays" he's not thinking "We are going to smash that guy in the mouth and rip the ball out of their hands"? 

What BB knows is that:

1) you don't give the other team a reason to want to kick your a--, more than they all ready have, by calling them out and saying you will win.
    2) you don't give your team an ego they didn't earn because that might make them lose sight of the fact that you "earn" every game.
    3) last: BB knows that when you do go out and state at the beginning of a season that you will win it all, you sound like a stupid a--.

Go ahead though, it fits the jets

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

btw-How funny was it when the kid in the Giants shirt grabbed firemaggot Ed's fake helmet? ILMFAO, he was pizzed. Maybe he had to get it back to the halloween rental store or something?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

That was the game hi-lite

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : So, what you are saying is, either the Patriots don't believe they will win the superbowl or are afraid to say it.  Which one is it. 

LOL!!! How moronic. Even a jest fan like yourself can't be that stupid, can you? Well, actually I guess you can. Here, let me explain it slowly so maybe even you can understand. One doesn't have to be a loud mouth or a braggart to be confident. You might recall that the Pats have three Superbowl wins out of four appearances in the past ten years, something jest fans are unfamiliar with, and the team did so without any false bravado or obnoxious breast beating . In  otherwords, with some class. NOW THAT I know is definitely something the jests and their fans are unfamiliar with. You know, you really are too ignorant to argue with and the funny thing is, as a low-life troll, once your team and your blow-hard coach are exposed for the mediocrity that they are, you'll run and hide and be nowhere to be seen. At the moment, however, while you're here you ought to quit rather than continue to make an azz of yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : So, what you are saying is, either the Patriots don't believe they will win the superbowl or are afraid to say it.  Which one is it. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Larda-- Rex: You are probably correct. By the way, when was the last SB win for the boastful jerks? I forget......

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : What's with all of he insults?  Are you not able to express yourself otherwise?  So, a brief period of success in the Patriots history and you are somehow knowledgeable about the relationship between bravado, confidence and winning?  I find it difficult to believe that the best defense and playing in the conference championship was mediocre.  Clearly, for a first year HC, that is something to build upon.  And what is the next step? I don't think for a second that Bill has a team that doesn't believe they are capable of winning the Superbowl.  You, however, seem to believe that there is some harm in saying it from merely believing it.  As if, that statement somehow weakens a team or improves another team.  Are you aware of just how ridiculous that is?    

You really are something else ... just what that is, I'm not sure. Apparently you are as obtuse as you seem or you are totally disingenuous. Which is it? So, your insults are more subtle than mine? Perhaps, but you are insulting none the less.To begin with, you could try to stop putting words in my mouth ... though that wouldn't serve your inane arguments, would it? You said "So, what you are saying is, either the Patriots don't believe they will win the superbowl or are afraid to say it.  Which one is it." Of course I said no such thing, and yes it's insulting and a lie to claim I did. Geez, even for a jest fan you're not too bright (Yeah, that's an insult. See, not subtle. Direct and to the point). You find it difficult to believe that your 9 -7 team from last year (who everybody outside of ny knows backed into the playoffs) is not mediocre because they actually played two good games in a row. I mean you've heard the thing about a blind squirrel and the acorn ... right? And then you say, "So, a brief period of success in the Patriots history and you are somehow knowledgeable about the relationship between bravado, confidence and winning?"  Once again, you're just making stuff up to try to win some absurd argument on your part. I never said or intimated any such thing. Let me simplify things for you (though you probably still won't understand it). It's low-class to be a blow-hard bully, which describes your coach and your fan base, particularly when you've yet to do anything to back it up. Sure it's one way to go. However, when you fall on your face (and you undoubtedly will at some point) and the rest of the league is laughing at you don't be surprised. You see, if you had a little class, as an underdog, aside from their own team, other fans would be pulling for you (You know, like the Saints last year). It's human nature. BUT, it's also human nature (anywhere except for ny apparently) to dislike blow-hards. Clear enough for you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]I am not sure you made that clear can you try again? LOL just kidding.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Good one, killa.

Sections
Shortcuts