O-Line outplayed Jets D or did Rex tone down the blitzes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

O-Line outplayed Jets D or did Rex tone down the blitzes?

For sure the O-Line did a good job picking up the blitz packages, but I got a feeling that Rex pulled back from the blitz packages because of all the receiver threats.

I'm not trying to take away anything from the O-Line this time around.

If you look at our offense, Brady has quite a few options: 2 great WRs in Welker and Branch, 2 great TEs + plus woodhead.  Not to mention BJGE.  I'm sure Rex realized that blitzing Brady would've made the Jets extremely vulnerable to the short dump passes that the Pats offense is so effective at running.

I think our offense is starting to come together and Rex saw the potential in the damage our offese could do, so he played it conservative.

I was getting kind of worried at the end of the 2nd qtr when Brady got sacked twice on consecutive downs.  That was really the only time I noticed the patented Rex Ryan blitz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Re: O-Line outplayed Jets D or did Rex tone down the blitzes?

It looked to me like a lot of sell out blitzes by the Jets to me. I dont watch them regularly but they seemed to blitz on almost every passing down. The Pats were getting rid of the ball quick and the O line, Tight ends and backs did a great job picking up the blitz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

In Response to Re: O-Line outplayed Jets D or did Rex tone down the blitzes?:
    [QUOTE]It looked to me like a lot of sell out blitzes by the Jets to me. I dont watch them regularly but they seemed to blitz on almost every passing down. The Pats were getting rid of the ball quick and the O line, Tight ends and backs did a great job picking up the blitz.
    Posted by uncommon13[/QUOTE]

I guess the O-Line was just playing so well that I didn't notice the pressure, so that might've made it look like a conservative D.

Usually Rex blitzes almost every single down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

5 receivers running good routes instead of week 2 matchup of Moss going deep. Gronk is near uncoverable as is WW, Woodhead and Hernandez, add Branch to that mix who is the D going double? Running the with BJGE with Mankins and Crumpler killing people just makes the play action by TB unstoppable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Rex tried everything ... max blitz, max coverage ... and everything failed!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They even tried the 46 like big daddy Buddy used to run!  Brady dissected it in about 2 seconds.  Everything the Jets tried, the Pats had an answer.  I think it's honestly because Brady can read the defenses and has multiple options, as simple as that. 

Sections
Shortcuts