O'Brien a hot commodity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

O'Brien a hot commodity

"Patriots OC O'Brien emerging as head-coaching candidate" Go figure this one out.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8258603b/article/patriots-oc-obrien-emerging-as-headcoaching-candidate?module=HP11_headline_stack

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: O'Brien a hot commodity

I heard that on the NFL channel last night and almost choked!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

PLEASE
    somebody take this chump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Simply amazing...  Bill Belichick can't even consciously & deliberately TRY to give a Pats Coordinator spot to even a well below average Coach, with amazingly sh#tty credentials, Just in the mere hopes that THIS guy will provide the NE Coaching spot with even 2 years of longevity & stability before someone else scoops him up with a higher positional offer. 

Swear ta god, Belichick should just hire Carrot Top after O'Brien books this offseason.  Maybe even a muppet...Maybe The Browns, Chiefs, Bengals, and Chargers games would stop gettin' blacked out If people believed they'd be offered a chance to witness the zany antics of "Alf" as the coach on the sidelines...   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe, just maybe BOB is smart enough to see what has happened to some of the past Coordinators (Josh McD) and realize that he might not be ready for that yet.  Which unfortunately means he would be back in NE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: O'Brien a hot commodity:
    [QUOTE]Obreinstein is definitely checking out after this season... He's not very good at his job and he will have a similar career trajectory as a mr. McDaniels... remember him? Getting into it with Brady sealed his fate. He was able to ride moss out of town. This time it's his aS$. It's possible that his beatch session with Brady increased his stock as a fiery head coach in the making... We know however that he's just another wannabe with a headset made to look competent by the association with Brady and belichick. With the postseason still ahead... The question of how this will play out is dicey... I think he is professional enough to give his utmost to deliver on his contract the rest of the way. Hopefully that will be enough to compensate for the otherwise lack of creativity or intelligence.
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt "Getting into it with Brady sealed his fate". Brady does not do the hiring or firing. If he did, we'd have never lost Givens or Branch & a few other guys might've never made the roster. He had just thrown a pick in the endzone. It was a bad decision & an even worse execution. It could've made  all the difference. Had they even just got a FG, it was game over, but  he couldn't just throw it away. HE screwed up. He also admitted as much & BB obviously LIKES O'Brien (for whatever reason)

Even if he was out of here, if BB told him outright that he was fired even if they won the SB, it wouldn't help him in ANY way to not do his best job in the playoffs. Aside form just having pride and a desire to win, a legitimate shot at a championship doesn't come around all that often. There's no way he'd waste it. Any team that hires him will undoubtedly be in a rebuilding phase, and NOT a SB contender. He might not be in such a good position to win a championship for the rest of his career (if he isn't here)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]Simply amazing...  Bill Belichick can't even consciously & deliberately TRY to give a Pats Coordinator spot to even a well below average Coach, with amazingly sh#tty credentials, Just in the mere hopes that THIS guy will provide the NE Coaching spot with even 2 years of longevity & stability before someone else scoops him up with a higher positional offer.  Swear ta god, Belichick should just hire Carrot Top after O'Brien books this offseason.  Maybe even a muppet...Maybe The Browns, Chiefs, Bengals, and Chargers games would stop gettin' blacked out If people believed they'd be offered a chance to witness the zany antics of "Alf" as the coach on the sidelines...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Agreed... and just another reason why this team has been so amazing the last decade. A legitimate contender year in & year out even though so many coordinators are picked up for HC jobs elsewhere, plus players get oversized ego's, like Branch, Law, Samuel, etc etc

Funny thing is... NONE of them have done anything since leaving. Crennel stunk, Mangini was awful, Weis ruined Notre Dame, McDaniels drove Cutler out of town then stunk up Denver in the short time he was there and all the players went nowhere. Givens & Law got hurt, Branch never really worked out in Seattle, Millloy bounced around, Asante is doing about the same, but prob won't be in Philly next year. They all got paid, but aside from that it was all downhill.

The only guy I was ever happy to see go was Cassel. He waited in the wings for his shot, took it, did well, and got paid... but he isn't lighting the world on fire either

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'm sure if we held a fundraiser there'd be enough Pats fans that would  contribute to fully pay his first year salary at his new team.

On the other hand, let's not discount the fact that when the Pats win the SB, all coaches' stocks will benefit.  As they say, a rising tide lifts all boats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to O'Brien a hot commodity:
    [QUOTE]"Patriots OC O'Brien emerging as head-coaching candidate" Go figure this one out. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8258603b/article/patriots-oc-obrien-emerging-as-headcoaching-candidate?module=HP11_headline_stack
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]
    =============================
    Brady has offered to pay half of O'Brien's salary to the team that takes him.

Next, one of our crack DB coaches will be part of a bidding war.

Bizzaro world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

& BB obviously LIKES O'Brien (for whatever reason)
    ==================================
    Yeah, but Kraft LOVES Brady.   Would not be surprised if Kraft let word filter down through the organzation the O'Brien should find a new place to work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Here's the pecking order FYA: BOB.BB.BRADY. and 2 and 3 might be reversed except that coaches have longer shelf lives than QBs. Where doesObreinstein rank? Let's see... Somewhere around "don't let the door hit you on the way out." response to "Re: O'Brien a hot commodity": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: O'Brien a hot commodity : I seriously doubt "Getting into it with Brady sealed his fate". Brady does not do the hiring or firing. If he did, we'd have never lost Givens or Branch & a few other guys might've never made the roster. He had just thrown a pick in the endzone. It was a bad decision & an even worse execution. It could've made  all the difference. Had they even just got a FG, it was game over, but  he couldn't just throw it away. HE screwed up. He also admitted as much & BB obviously LIKES O'Brien (for whatever reason) Even if he was out of here, if BB told him outright that he was fired even if they won the SB, it wouldn't help him in ANY way to not do his best job in the playoffs. Aside form just having pride and a desire to win, a legitimate shot at a championship doesn't come around all that often. There's no way he'd waste it. Any team that hires him will undoubtedly be in a rebuilding phase, and NOT a SB contender. He might not be in such a good position to win a championship for the rest of his career (if he isn't here) Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Obreinstein is definitely checking out after this season... He's not very good at his job and he will have a similar career trajectory as a mr. McDaniels... remember him? Getting into it with Brady sealed his fate. He was able to ride moss out of town. This time it's his aS$. It's possible that his beatch session with Brady increased his stock as a fiery head coach in the making... We know however that he's just another wannabe with a headset made to look competent by the association with Brady and belichick. With the postseason still ahead... The question of how this will play out is dicey... I think he is professional enough to give his utmost to deliver on his contract the rest of the way. Hopefully that will be enough to compensate for the otherwise lack of creativity or intelligence.

O'Brien didn't run Moss out of town, Moss did it to himself with his b*tching about getting a new contract. Also, I don't know why people think Brady is above anyone on the Patriots locker room. BB is in charge and he does as he pleases, O'Brien's stock went up because when he yelled at Brady he proved that no one intimidates him. If you can put Tom Brady in line for doing something wrong you won't be afraid do the same for anyone else on your roster. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sometimes Grnk, going back in time clarifies things... 2nd qrtr jets game 4 2010 season... Gronk, go back in time , you can do it... Moss makes one handed catch over Revis to put the pats ahead... Gronk ... You're cheering ... You're like f'n in yr face Darrell yo Crunk man ...YESSS...!!! Then we come out in the second half ...You're like dude .. ? Where's my man...? Where's the cheese...? Where's the f'n cRunk...? Gronk, what you didn't see was moss telling Obreistein that he was able to get open and catch balls on that team in that game that we could win. What happened was the pats lost that game and moss had no catches in that 2nd half and was off this team 2 weeks later. Gronk come back to the present and now tell me that OBRIENSTEIN didn't run moss out of town.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Let's hope Rex gets canned and OB gets his job...that would be a thing of beauty

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Obrien Play calling from 2009 has been shaky at best ,
    Running moss a of town was bad enough ,
    but the Bombs on third and one or third and shorts are dumb enough 
    always running BGJE to outside on third and one to get stuffed ,
    no ingenuity same old predictable play calling , or running two plays with no gain 
    and throwing it deep for 3 and out .

we need someone creative to include more running game ,
    screen plays , and also to incorporate young receivers 
    to the offense

please no mike martz

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wake up people. His contract is set to expire. Kraft/BB don't let coaches they want to keep get to this point.

O'Brien is a stooge that bit the hand that feeds him. Stupid stupid man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, I read this on PFT. And McDaniels may be headed to KC, when Pioli makes Romeo the offical HC.

I can't believe an owner would hire him for HC. Don't they realize, the offense works becasue of TB.

But if so, good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Any chance BB pulls in Spagnulo and hands back the reins to a DC?  If the 4-3 this season is more of a long-term shift than an expedient, Spags could help.  BB could then put more focus on the OC duties if OB is not retained.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

I love to say I told you so....

I posted in a different thread a couple days ago that O'B would be a HC candidate. His stock will only rise with the Pats going to the playoffs. Like it or not, and I realize most of you don't like it, O'B has a lot going for him. You can spin it any way you want, but these are the facts: 
    • OB has been coaching TB12 for the past couple years. Whether any of TB12s success can be attributed to OB is a moot point. OB has demonstrated a capability of working with an elite QB. 
    • OB has learned under arguably the greatest coach of the post SB era. He has put his dues in as a good soldier. 
    • OB has been the OC with a team that, in the past, had a prolific WR that shattered the TD record; has a QB that broke the TD record, and is now OC for a team that is third in the NFL without a quality wideout and without a premium RB. 
    • OB has connections to: McDaniels, Crennel, Weiss, Pioli, and Dimitroff. While many deride McDaniels and/or Crennel, both are receiving renewed interest as HC candidates.  
    • There are an anticipated seven HC positions available this year. 
    • OB is a free agent, able to leave the Pats with minimal disruption. 
    I think the posters here often want a whipping boy for our offensive deficiencies. The facts do not warrant OB as a liability.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It all makes me wonder exactly what the relationship is with BB and Scott P. Maybe they deal with each other a lot more than we hear about and this means something good will be returned to NE?

Boston radio this AM is stating that it looks like KC has a serious interest in bringing him in under Romeo with the expectation that he would take the HC job when Romeo retires.

I seriously doubt that the yelling at Brady or the fact that he may have something to do with Moss leaving has anything to do with this. To me........this sounds like BB taking advantage of another opportunity, I guess we'll see what we get in return??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]It all makes me wonder exactly what the relationship is with BB and Scott P. Maybe they deal with each other a lot more than we hear about and this means something good will be returned to NE? Boston radio this AM is stating that it looks like KC has a serious interest in bringing him in under Romeo with the expectation that he would take the HC job when Romeo retires. I seriously doubt that the yelling at Brady or the fact that he may have something to do with Moss leaving has anything to do with this. To me........this sounds like BB taking advantage of another opportunity, I guess we'll see what we get in return??
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I do think BB and SP have a good relationship, but I highly doubt we get anything in return if OB goes to KC. OB's contract expires this year. He can go anywhere he wants. If KC places a "head coach in waiting" stamp on OB, then there is no way we get compensation - including under the table compensation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

g433,

His contract expires this year as you state, so, BB could keep him right? Or.....make it easier for him to leave by working out a deal with SP for future considerations.

I'm not saying it happened that way just that it could have. I'm a conspiracy theorist and believe there's a well executed plot with everything BB does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes Grnk, going back in time clarifies things... 2nd qrtr jets game 4 2010 season... Gronk, go back in time , you can do it... Moss makes one handed catch over Revis to put the pats ahead... Gronk ... You're cheering ... You're like f'n in yr face Darrell yo Crunk man ...YESSS...!!! Then we come out in the second half ...You're like dude .. ? Where's my man...? Where's the cheese...? Where's the f'n cRunk...? Gronk, what you didn't see was moss telling Obreistein that he was able to get open and catch balls on that team in that game that we could win. What happened was the pats lost that game and moss had no catches in that 2nd half and was off this team 2 weeks later. Gronk come back to the present and now tell me that OBRIENSTEIN didn't run moss out of town.

You can't even construct a sentence that makes sense, forget about trying a whole theory.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]g433, His contract expires this year as you state, so, BB could keep him right? Or.....make it easier for him to leave by working out a deal with SP for future considerations. I'm not saying it happened that way just that it could have. I'm a conspiracy theorist and believe there's a well executed plot with everything BB does.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I knew there was another conspiracy theorist amongst us. Watch your back!

True, BB is usually a step or two ahead, no one knows that more than Scott Pioli. I think this situation will pan out in a different direction. I don't think OB will go anywhere. I think BB is a bit tired of his Coord's leaving every 2-3 years. I also think OB knows a good thing when he sees it. 

BB was bull *&it when Mangenius left after scaling the ranks to become DC of the Pats. Mangenius left on his terms. BB was cordial and complimentary when McDaniels left to become HC of the Broncos. McDaniels left on BB's terms. I think OB will sign on for two more years with the proviso he can leave for a HC position in the next year or two. Win/win.  BB can begin grooming the new OC and OB leaves on good terms. 

As a close aside: Who is in a better position as we speak? Crennel, Weiss, McDaniels, Pioli.... or Mangini? Who left on good terms, who left on bad terms?